Ig-88 vs Asajj Ventress

After getting Sid to 6*, I am lacking another dark side character. I am wondering who to spend arena shipments on. I have Ig-88 at 3* already but Asajj seems better.
Who should I invest in?

Replies

• IG-88 is a glass tank that only shines with dother droids and at high level trams 7* with the proper Taunter like Poe. Assajj can work in almost any team, and has unique skills you can use in many contexts. I am farming IG-88 knowing that it's a niche character, because I like droids.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ventress is an underrated beast, but you have to know how to use her
  • I recently had someone 1 shot me with Assaj at the end of GW. Thats never happened with IG88. I prefer my IG86 to my 88, although I use both at once. My 86 is 5* and my 88 is 4, getting to 5. Both are elite. When it comes to counting on a big crit, the 86 just seems to come through for me more consistently.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Asajj has a lot of utility and tons of useful skills. She generates extra attack power from death, removes taunts, and her aoe will reset her cool downs on finishing move. And it's likely her buff removal, which is bugged, will improve later. Her damage is decent for a support character as well, though vulnerable defensively. I think she's currently the only hero with 5 abilities, and she is easy to get to gear 7. I am interested running her in synergy with Talia and Daka , to see how it will go.
    Oh, and her basic has a chance to stun.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Asajj is at her best for dark side missions. IG 88 has more dps but asajj is super useful. In pvp she is a bit of a liability because her ai on defense is very bad and she's the slowest hero in the game. For Pve she has her cleanse/heal (mostly for taunts), her basic attack which stuns (stun is key to 3 starring some missions), a strong aoe that can reset cds on kills, and rampage which gives her 50% damage and chance for turn meter when anyone dies that she doesn't kill. If asajj kills someone you don't get buff which might be a bug.
  • I think her being slow is OK, if she went first, none of her special abilities would be useful. Instead charging her attack on death and finishing blow are very useful if she is last to go. Plus her leader skill can speed up Daka, who can wreck the enemy with her stuns.
    AI, as mentioned, is atrocious, and definitely liability on arena defense.
    I do agree that Rampage not triggering on her own kills is a bug, as is party heal and inability to cleanse all buffs.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • At what star level does she become a mainstream hero?

I have her at 4* and only use her in missions. I also only have abilities at 3/4
  • Well she's good at 6*
    She destroys droid teams bc she removes buffs from poggle and taunts from Poe + heals your team for a very significant amount. Then she can aoe and reset+gain turn meter and offense+armour penetration then finish it all off with high dps and stun.
    She's not the best charcter but she is very very good against particular teams. She will be 7* tommorow then I think I'm going to work on ig88
  • Ventress was the only way I could beat rank 1 bc of her buff removal
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Is Asajj good in GW?

Who works better with Poe, Asajj or IG88?
  • Ig88
  • Ventress is not a "glass cannon" she serves more then one purpose and generally dosent require the protection as she isn't seen as much of a threat. This is bc the ai can't use her, she is good but only when used with tactics. Ig88 has one use and one only DO DAMAGE as much as quick as possible, people will usually target ig88 first bc he will do a lot of damage+ability block so you use Poe to taunt so people cannot attack Ig88 therefore he survives to continue to deal damage. Think of Poe as a sacrificial charcter, his only use is to protect low health characters that deal a lot of damage
  • And ig88 dosent only shine with other droids, he can shine anywhere
    He's a very shiny droid
  • I'm stuck on the same question, both are currently at 5*. Been farming Ventress but have switched to 88 as I think in the long run, he may be a better fit to my team at 7* and I can see him being more usefull in GW. Ventress is a beast though, but too slow for me. I've been in battles before where she is getting off one hit to some other characters two's and it's frustrating to watch.
  • What's your team composition? Ig88 fits in a lot of teams. For me ventress dosent really fit in many. I have. Her 7* and what I use her for is to slip into my team now and then for the purpose of removing buffs from either a taunt or poggle
  • I too had an issue trying to decide so I chose both of them. Why have one when you can have 2 at twice the price!!!