Suggestion: Iconic Team Bonuses

HavokTrigger
897 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I think this would be a great addition and give more depth to team strategy. You take the most famous groups from Star Wars lore and give bonuses based on who and how many of that team are in your line up.Each iconic team could consist of more than 5 people allowing for extra members to be swapped in and out. I'll give a few examples.

OT Heroes
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Leia
Lando
Luke Skywalker

Clone Wars Heroes

Jedi Anakin
Fives
Ashoka
Plo Koon
Mace Windu

Master and Apprentice/Padawan (Various groups)
Sidious w/ Vader, Maul, or Dooku
Maul w/ Savage
Barris w/ Luminara
Jedi Anakin w/ Ashoka

Whenever you have 2 or more members of a team together they would unlock the bonus stats for that group. The bonuses could either give stats ONLY to the heroes of that group or to your entire team. I think it would work either way.For example I'll use the OT Heroes team.

1/5- no bonus
2/5- +1% crit chance
3/5- +1% crit chance
4/5- +10% crit damage
5/5- +5% crit chance and +10% crit damage

As you can see this groups bonuses apply heavily towards crit and crit damage and scale up the more members of the team you have. The ultimate bonus at 5/5. For another example I'll use Master and Apprentice.

1/2 - nothing
2/2 - +5% crit chance

I kept it crit based for simplicity. Now since it's much easier to assemble a group of 2 the team obviously won't get huge payouts for assembling the team. You also won't be able to get a full 5/5 bonus that other teams could get.

On the other hand you can get the 3/5 bonus from the OT Heroes and get the 2/2 for M&A to get an additional 7% total crit for your team. You wouldn't get the +20% crit damage from OT but the team could be easier to assemble and consist of a wider variety of heroes.

Tell me what you guys think below. Alterations you would make, possible Iconic Teams and their bonuses etc.

Replies

• I'm sure I said somewhere else that Master/Padawan synergies would be nice. I completely agree on the rest too, except it can't be already existing synergies. So for example Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia are all Rebels, so that already exists. I'd prefer sub-synergies. Luke, Han, Chewie . . . Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn, Anikan etc. Smaller ones within sub classes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I'm sure I said somewhere else that Master/Padawan synergies would be nice. I completely agree on the rest too, except it can't be already existing synergies. So for example Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia are all Rebels, so that already exists. I'd prefer sub-synergies. Luke, Han, Chewie . . . Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn, Anikan etc. Smaller ones within sub classes.
    I concur. I think small bonuses for having a master and their apprentice (with the correct character form, no darth Vader and old Ben combinational bonuses please) would be a great addition to the game.
  • Austin wrote: »
    I'm sure I said somewhere else that Master/Padawan synergies would be nice. I completely agree on the rest too, except it can't be already existing synergies. So for example Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia are all Rebels, so that already exists. I'd prefer sub-synergies. Luke, Han, Chewie . . . Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn, Anikan etc. Smaller ones within sub classes.
    I concur. I think small bonuses for having a master and their apprentice (with the correct character form, no darth Vader and old Ben combinational bonuses please) would be a great addition to the game.

Ha! What about an "I killed you synergy"? Where they work less effectively on the same team. Like Old Ben and Darth Vader or Darth Maul and Qui-Gon. That would be kind of interesting as well.
    I'm sure I said somewhere else that Master/Padawan synergies would be nice. I completely agree on the rest too, except it can't be already existing synergies. So for example Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia are all Rebels, so that already exists. I'd prefer sub-synergies. Luke, Han, Chewie . . . Obi Wan, Qui Gon Jinn, Anikan etc. Smaller ones within sub classes.

Ha! What about an "I killed you synergy"? Where they work less effectively on the same team. Like Old Ben and Darth Vader or Darth Maul and Qui-Gon. That would be kind of interesting as well.

I really don't see that going down well with some people :lol:

But anything to make it more interesting would be great. Maybe these synergized squads only work this way in a certain PVP mode and not in LS/DS/Cantina/Challenges/Regular PVP. Then, if it is liked it can be adopted in the rest of the game.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

I really don't see that going down well with some people :lol:

But anything to make it more interesting would be great. Maybe these synergized squads only work this way in a certain PVP mode and not in LS/DS/Cantina/Challenges/Regular PVP. Then, if it is liked it can be adopted in the rest of the game.

Yeah I know. That part was just a joke. I honestly wouldn't like negative effects in my team comp either.
  • Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought of team bonuses, I think this is a great idea!! And if they implement this, we should have like 3 team slots for creating different teams
  • I think this is a great Idea, it reminds me of Fifa Ultimate Team where you have to build chemistry between players.