Jawa Engineer's Basic Attack is Super Stinky

Naecabon
1243 posts Member
I've been working on my JE since guilds launched and I'm about to 7* him (finally) but I gotta say... after finally playing around with him, his basic attack is REALLY bad.

I dunno who thought it was a good idea to make a basic that doesn't actually do damage for SUCH a long time, but something really needs to be improved here. Having a basic that is so easily countered (it can be resisted or purged) and having it NOT EVEN DO VERY MUCH DAMAGE TO BOOT makes this lil guy very unappealing.

Having a character bent around a one turn gimmick of boosting your droid turn meter is simply not a very well designed character. He should at least be able to attack normally.

Replies

• I agree his basic is really bad. The only place where it works really well is in the agi challenge vs savage. I think it's bugged, when you stack two or more bombs they do crazy damage. I saw it hit for 125k
  • Wazy
    37 posts Member
    The worst is when 86 calls in his assist, you think you're about to finish an enemy off, then you see jawa engineer bounce his dinky grenade...
  • But JE is really good with droids and allows them to be really really fast and have several turns before your opponent even gets to have a turn. If his basic attack was good then he would really be broken. It's already hard enough to not lose at least 2 toons against JE and his droids before you even get to make a move. His basic needs to stink. And him getting called by 86 means that your opponent might only lose 1 toon instead of 2 in opening round damage.

JE is insane and you want a basic buff? Good grief.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    I agree that detonators are a bad mechanic, but making Jawa Engineer better really should not be the justification for fixing them :/
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    But JE is really good with droids and allows them to be really really fast and have several turns before your opponent even gets to have a turn. If his basic attack was good then he would really be broken. It's already hard enough to not lose at least 2 toons against JE and his droids before you even get to make a move. His basic needs to stink. And him getting called by 86 means that your opponent might only lose 1 toon instead of 2 in opening round damage.

JE is insane and you want a basic buff? Good grief.

I hardly consider him insane. Again, that's ALL HE DOES at the moment and after that one turn he's basically a blank.

No one's asking for a huge sweeping buff here. I'd be fine if he hit for 3K or something. Or even if the Detonator blew up at the end of the first turn the opponents take.

But it says it blows up after 1 turn, yet they get to take a FULL turn and then it has to wrap BACK around to them a second time before it explodes. That's not one turn. That's 1.5-2x turns. So what gives?

A character should not be designed to do one thing at the beginning of the match and then not only be more or less useless for the rest of the match, but actually a detriment to you. (If you assist on to him it's miserable.) At first I thought his rez was some huge cool bonus as well but after realizing a droid at 30% HP or less is essentially a dead-in-one-hit droid, I realize it's not really all that incredible either.

He's good, sure. He has one cool ability for one turn. But that shouldn't be an excuse for him to then do nothing the rest of the match.