Yoda Challenge help

BWSkynobi
334 posts Member
In one week I'll have enough 7 star Jedi to take on Yoda. I'm looking for tips on the best way to beat him given my lineup.

My lineup is:
Lumi
Mace
Eeth Koth
Bariss
Ahsoka

My game plan is this:
1. I'm not retreating. I'm gonna fight whatever they throw at me until i win.
2. If Bariss is on his side, go after her until she equalizes Yoda's health.
3. Try to stun Yoda with Eeth when possible.
4. Avoid Lumi heals when yoda can steal abilities.
5. Avoid using specials because they give yoda TM bump.

My questions are:
1. Do you take out Yoda first or the other 2?
2. Who should and shouldn't I run as leader?
3. What's the best way to use each toon in this match?

****please don't turn this thread into a "they nerfed the challenge" crud fest****

This is my lineup, I won't have QGJ at 7 stars in time.

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    You could probably auto it now with any lineup
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member

****please don't turn this thread into a "they nerfed the challenge" crud fest***
    darkensoul wrote: »

Wow. Literally lasted for 1 minute.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member

+1
  • I doubt most people could auto it. It was like my last few nodes on GW. I had to be careful what I did. I wouldn't have been able to auto it. But it wasn't the ridiculous "wait for a lucky RNG draw that's 1/100" kind of thing that it had previously been.

These are good strategies, except the stunning one. Don't use the stun at all. If Yoda resists, it gives him turn meter, and you don't want that. It's not as bad if he doesn't have tenacity up, but he can still resist even without his tenacity up, and it still gives him turn meter. Same with Lumi's special. Don't use either. I don't know Ahsoka as well, but if she has any abilities that can be resisted, don't use them either. The same goes for Mace. I would use his basic only.

I never had a good sense of Yoda first vs. allies first. The advice I saw on the boards at the time showed that people were doing it when it was ridiculously hard with either strategy.

I suggest you try Lumi as leader. The evasion helps. If you can't do it in a couple tries, I'd switch to Barriss to give you the increased health to see if that's any easier. I'm not sure the others would be as helpful. I never use any of the other three as leaders for anything.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    1. I took out Ima first then used the barriss method
    2. I used barriss leader
    3. I found EK stun to be very effective. Just don't use while Yoda has tenacity buff. Ahsoka hit very hard with her special. 10kish when Yoda was below 50% health. Also, I was able to out dps the HoT Yoda steals from lumi. Wasn't a big deal.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    If you're gonna attempt to stun Yoda, do it when he's almost full turn meter. That way if he resists it won't matter and if he's stunned that's a win for you :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    In one week I'll have enough 7 star Jedi to take on Yoda. I'm looking for tips on the best way to beat him given my lineup.

My lineup is:
    Lumi
    Mace
    Eeth Koth
    Bariss
    Ahsoka

I didn't follow any of the general guide lines. I took Obi (L), JC, Ahsoka, QGJ and Lumi.

I didn't use Barriss because I wanted damage not heals. I used Auto (yes AUTO), focused Yoda until he was dead. Ignored others.

It took me 15 attempts. I tried manually a couple of times, but it was too tedious finally gave up and let AI take its course.

For you not having QGJ is going to hurt.. I would say make Barriss lead for survival.. that will be your best shot.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »

+1

I did auto pre-nerf
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Thanks for the advice.

Does Yoda get TM up if you attack the other toons with a special? Or is it only of you attack him?
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Based on my experience (I got 6 & 7* on the last event pre nerf). Not bashing anything, but take how I beat it however it may help you.

6* fight: Killed Yoda first and ignored guards completely until Yoda went down. This was very easy.

7* fight: I used JC, Barris (L), Ahsoka, Lumi, QGJ. Only Lumi and QGJ at near max. JC, Barris and Ahsoka at Lvl 70 G7.

I went against Mace, Yoda and Barris. I killed Mace first and healed pretty much at every opportunity. Somehow it worked out that Barris did not heal Mace at any point. By the time I had Mace down, I had my Jedi at full health, but no protection left. I then went to work on Barris. At 50% health she healed, but I stuck with her till she went down. Obviously Yoda followed.

The key for me was I healed at every opportunity with Lumi, JC and Barris. I also did not hit Yoda with any specials, not once. GL.

• BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I beat 6 star yoda pre-nerf as well. Just didn't have enough 7 stars last time.

I took out the guards first, and healed healed healed, timing Lumi's heal with Yodas ability steal. I don't think I had Bariss at 6 stars yet, so I used JC instead.

I think hearing about how everyone beat 7star yoda will be the most helpful. Every story is different, but knowing all the possible ways with absolutely help in adjusting my strategy as the battle progresses.

• Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    I didn't have any issue with him stealing Lumi's heal. One, because I ignored him till last so if he was getting healed at full health, so what. And when I had him 5-1, my basic dmg was enough to overcome the one steal he got.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    My suggestion is to attack yoda when you can either get multiple consecutive turns against him, or when he doesn't have foresight. Otherwise go for his wingmen.

His basic granting foresight is what makes the challenge at all challenging after the last nerf.

However, there's no telling what the challenge will be next time it's around. They may make it stupid hard again. The devs like to shake things up.
  • Thysk
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Remember that Mace can strip buffs off of Yoda. So if it works out that Lumi's heal over time will get stolen, but Mace will be up before Yoda should have a second turn, it's safe to heal. In fact, that was good with Qui-Gon since Yoda isn't likely to kill someone with his Masterstroke, and then Qui-Gon is free to Offense Up (which you definitely didn't want Yoda to have).
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    Based on my experience (I got 6 & 7* on the last event pre nerf). Not bashing anything, but take how I beat it however it may help you.

6* fight: Killed Yoda first and ignored guards completely until Yoda went down. This was very easy.

7* fight: I used JC, Barris (L), Ahsoka, Lumi, QGJ. Only Lumi and QGJ at near max. JC, Barris and Ahsoka at Lvl 70 G7.

I went against Mace, Yoda and Barris. I killed Mace first and healed pretty much at every opportunity. Somehow it worked out that Barris did not heal Mace at any point. By the time I had Mace down, I had my Jedi at full health, but no protection left. I then went to work on Barris. At 50% health she healed, but I stuck with her till she went down. Obviously Yoda followed.

The key for me was I healed at every opportunity with Lumi, JC and Barris. I also did not hit Yoda with any specials, not once. GL.

But... why would you not use Ahsoka's special on Yoda? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Stun Yoda as often as possible and don't worry about the turnmeter ramifications. I'd use Barris lead over Lumi. I think it's safe to use Lumi's heal after he steals but if you need to heal you need to heal and should do it.

I just killed Yoda first but had QG for Oup. Not sure if strategy changes without it. People beat the hard version with your line up so you shouldn't have to many issues with the easier version. Good luck he's a fun toon for raids and GW

• Catarra
    67 posts Member
    I used a tactic I saw suggested here after struggling for quite a while. Keep retreating until you see Barriss is one of the 2 Jedi with Yoda. Focus your attacks on her until she's way down in the red, then focus your attacks on the other Jedi, no matter who it is. Barriss will use her heal, which will suck up some of Yoda's health. Go back to Barriss and hammer her down to the red again, then kill the other Jedi. When Barriss uses her heal again, she'll take Yoda down into the red. Then you can kill Yoda, then polish off Barriss, and you're done.

I honestly can't remember my team now, I'm pretty sure it was Barriss (L), Lumi, QGJ, JC, and Eeth Koth. It took me 4 tries once I started using this strategy, and on the fourth try I finished the challenge with all 5 of my Jedi still alive.

I don't know if this has changed since they nerfed the challenge, but it's definitely the strategy that worked for me. Good luck!
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa