Rage Inducing galactic war team

Prev1
AdamW
692 posts Member
edited January 2016
http://imgur.com/gallery/fw0B654
http://imgur.com/gallery/xBhgmty

Made a team of all sacrificial characters.. all dead before their turn. The enemy 1 shot everyone.

Made a hybrid team of sacrificial and Main.. Got off 3 hits before they were all dead. They 1 shot everyone.

Used the remainder off my A and B teams, won the fight. They 1 shot 2 characters.

Won just 1 more battle before I was unable to continue due to loss of characters and low health.. oh and the constant getting stunned, bonus attacked and dying.

Tell me there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Tell me someone somewhere is looking to balance who you fight.
Post edited by AdamW on

Replies

• Options
    AdamW wrote: »

Made a team of all sacrificial characters.. all dead before their turn. The enemy 1 shot everyone.

Made a hybrid team of sacrificial and Main.. Got off 3 hits before they were all dead. They 1 shot everyone.

Used the remainder off my A and B teams, won the fight. They 1 shot 2 characters.

Won just 1 more battle before I was unable to continue due to loss of characters and low health.. oh and the constant getting stunned, bonus attacked and dying.

Tell me there is hope at the end of the tunnel. Tell me someone somewhere is looking to balance who you fight.

It is balanced. The teams depend on your highest 5 power rating so if you jumped on the bandwagon and 7* starred your mains and did not care about your others you are going to struggle in GW as you should.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

It is balanced. The teams depend on your highest 5 power rating so if you jumped on the bandwagon and 7* starred your mains and did not care about your others you are going to struggle in GW as you should.

Half of the characters on my roster are geared up, most are 4*+

Have you faced a team like this in Galactic War?
  • Options
    I know that name....=x
  • Options

Yes and continue to do so in a daily basis, if you have your toons then either you're lacking strategy or synergy, after proccing Leia buff&Kylo AoE&Sid AoE with a bait squad you should be able to pick off both FOTP and Leia which makes the fight a cakewalk.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options

Yes and continue to do so in a daily basis, if you have your toons then either you're lacking strategy or synergy, after proccing Leia buff&Kylo AoE&Sid AoE with a bait squad you should be able to pick off both FOTP and Leia which makes the fight a cakewalk.

Yup this is what I did, only in the second battle I wasnt able to take out leia because she dodged (I was insanely unlucky). They then proceded to continue the slaughter lol.

Look dude, dont criticize my strategy, me not being able to play the game isnt the problem, me eventually failing at tonights gw was inevitable due to the ai slowly 1 shotting my characters throughout the session. You can criticize me when Ive made an obvious blunder. This isnt one of those, oh darn yea your right, I should have retreated moments. No, my team basically got their butts handed to them while I grabbed the popcorn.

If your also f2p, and crush a 6* FOTP, Leia, Sidious, Phasma, Ren team in Galactic War and then go on for the win against the rest of the premium teams on the daily.. Then my good sir, my hats off to you. I only ever beat a war with constant teams like this one 1 time.
  • Options

You imply that this is unbalanced whereas it is not, based on your power levels.

Yup this is what I did, only in the second battle I wasnt able to take out leia because she dodged (I was insanely unlucky). They then proceded to continue the slaughter lol.

Look dude, dont criticize my strategy, me not being able to play the game isnt the problem, me eventually failing at tonights gw was inevitable due to the ai slowly 1 shotting my characters throughout the session. You can criticize me when Ive made an obvious blunder. This isnt one of those, oh darn yea your right, I should have retreated moments. No, my team basically got their butts handed to them while I grabbed the popcorn.

If your also f2p, and crush a 6* FOTP, Leia, Sidious, Phasma, Ren team in Galactic War and then go on for the win against the rest of the premium teams on the daily.. Then my good sir, my hats off to you. I only ever beat a war with constant teams like this one 1 time.

GW is supposed to be hard, but you come to forums to vent off and claim that this is unbalanced, whereas it is not and nor should you be able to complete it against superior teams unless you do everything right considering that you're f2p. So my reaction is based on your implications and yes I may not crush those teams but I crush them enough to place top5 during my payout.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Please list your all your main characters...Those 2 are easy to beat...you just need to focus on FOTP always in the beginning and do the rest...i believe you do not have stunner in your team...

and yes i am F2P with 22 wins in a row for GW...before my 1st win at GW, i never able to finish it...

You need like 2-3 healers and one stunner in one your main and 2-3 sacrifice teams in order to make it easy....
  • Options

I'd say that absolutey means it's imbalanced; doesn't mean it isn't working as intended though. I ranted earlier today (I'm human, I rage) about that. While it certainly makes sense for EA to tune around your power 5 from a money making stand point (to make you impulse buy a ton of shards), it's not remotely reasonable to tune a 12 stage battle around your 5 toons. By that logic,if you have 5 decked out guys,it's reasonable to expect to fight 12 mirror battles in a row, while also being reasonable to accept you have between 30-60 decked out toons to cope. Unless you're willing to put the money in, there's no way you can field that kind of power.

And as I said, yes, that may be exactly the intent, and the GW is tuned around that; still doesn't mean it's balanced, just working as intended.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who clears GW using only 5 heroes?
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    I did the same until I got close to lvl 60 and better geared. I have not cleared gw ever since I hit lvl 55 and I've been 60 for couple weeks.
  • Options
    I had those same two teams last night. They were not that bad to be honest. I got through them with no loss and no FC, but then I have several teams and attack in waves/stages as GW is meant to be played.
  • Options

Nope I usually complete GW with my main 5 as well. Sometimes I have to switch out 2 or 3 due to RNG hating on me.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had a all 57 team when I was 47 with purple gears on them and everything. Can't remember exact make up but I know Sid and Bariss were there. I end up prevailing but it cost me some toons from my line up for sure.

I was kind of mad because 10 levels above me felt VERY excessive especially when I wasn't even at last battle.

Lucky for me the last battle normalized again or something and they were only a couple/few levels over me and I was able to do it with the D team to finish the table, lol.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Whiskey wrote: »

I'd say that absolutey means it's imbalanced; doesn't mean it isn't working as intended though. I ranted earlier today (I'm human, I rage) about that. While it certainly makes sense for EA to tune around your power 5 from a money making stand point (to make you impulse buy a ton of shards), it's not remotely reasonable to tune a 12 stage battle around your 5 toons. By that logic,if you have 5 decked out guys,it's reasonable to expect to fight 12 mirror battles in a row, while also being reasonable to accept you have between 30-60 decked out toons to cope. Unless you're willing to put the money in, there's no way you can field that kind of power.

And as I said, yes, that may be exactly the intent, and the GW is tuned around that; still doesn't mean it's balanced, just working as intended.

Imbalanced refers to something that is out of balance whether on purpose or per chance. Now the devs have stated that GW is a 'war of attrition' where we need to utilise our 'squadS' not our main 5. If you want to test your best 5 against similar toons in one battle, arena is there, not PvP, arena.

Now I've just hit level 59 been playing almost for a month rather f2p (Dooku+7day sub) and can clear GW every.single.time. I've never had the impulse to buy more shards and I to be honest you don't need entire A,B,C teams to clear it. Your arena team+ 4 healers is all it takes.

If you do not have that many healers or if you're failing to optimise your CDs based on the teams that you face throughout battle 1-12, it is your fault as a player for not paying enough attention. Now if you are p2w you can possibly cruise through GW due to the roster that p2p accumulates but if you're f2p (and to be honest unless you have a multitude of 7* chromiums you are no different than a f2p) you have to plan while doing GW and the fact that a game simply makes you plan/think does not make it balanced, it makes it perfectly balanced and challenging since there are so many people that cry over AI sucking in arena or cantina/ls/ds not being 'challenging' enough and can't even complete GW.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I did the same until I got close to lvl 60 and better geared. I have not cleared gw ever since I hit lvl 55 and I've been 60 for couple weeks.

I have been 60 for about 2 weeks. My gear is currently all purple but not all slots filled, I probably started at level with not all in purple gear.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    People saying they clear GW with one team after facing 2-3 of Leia and Poe compositions may be exaggerating. Just saying. I'm speaking of level 60, high stars, and purple gear.
  • Options
    You'd think with 11 epic toons ( 5 to 7 starred), one should be able to clear gw, or come close....nope, gw is way too hard for me and I'm in top 5 arena all the time. Somethings wrong there.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You'd think with 11 epic toons ( 5 to 7 starred), one should be able to clear gw, or come close....nope, gw is way too hard for me and I'm in top 5 arena all the time. Somethings wrong there.

Sorry but that's on you. I have about 8 epic geared and 3-4 gear6 ones and I can complete it everyday, is it a breeze? No, it takes me about 1.5h for a full run as I've been trying to avoid force-closing for a while know, check the guides on this forum they give great information and that should help you in completing it.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just got to the last fight for yesterday, I'd lost Luke so far. I faced Sid 6* leader, Fives 5*, Savage 4*, Lumi 6* and JC 6* all purple except Savage. I had Sid leader 7*, Lumi 6*, JC 5*, Dooku 54* and Vader 4* all purple. Before I knew it JC and Lumi were down, I managed to take down Lumi before Sid went down as well.every shot they hit was critting thanks to the very generous buff the AI gets to make the game challenging instead of coding decent AI. Retreated, went back. I've now lost 6 of my highest toons to this team and I have 1.5 of their's down.

The team isn't unbeatable, I've beaten several teams like this countless times before, it's the buffs the AI gets to crits, dodges and counters that screws me over. That's a team I would easily beat in arena, yet with the tactic of retreating available it kills off my 2 healers in the first round.

Like I said, don't fixate on the team you're facing when you're raging, every team is beatable, rage against the AI buffs
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I know that name....=x

Same. I snipe him at least once a day.. primarily cause of his group! :pensive:
    (well the first screenie anyway, not sure who the second one is)

So to the OP, don't worry, I'll get revenge for you! :)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    I know that name....=x

Same. I snipe him at least once a day.. primarily cause of his group! :pensive:
    (well the first screenie anyway, not sure who the second one is)

So to the OP, don't worry, I'll get revenge for you! :)

Lol thank you, crush them!! ';,,;'

Yes gw can be hard some days and easy others. Sometimes you just get unlucky and the ai gets every proc and dodge. To anyone else struggling with GW, just stick with it and you will eventually learn many work arounds.
  • Options

I was thinking the same. I have played for about a month and only 1-2 times I have not finished with my original 5 man team but cleared using others. Just hit level 55 today and 100% F2P
  • Options
    do people not know how to force close?

i know its not the high brow way that this was meant to be done but for the goddies on offer of completing GW you can be sure i will do everything i can to complete it every day.

So yes I force close. But ive never not completed GW

However, Ive never faced the teams hes posted lol thank god but i dont even have a 7* toon yet :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    I just got to the last fight for yesterday, I'd lost Luke so far. I faced Sid 6* leader, Fives 5*, Savage 4*, Lumi 6* and JC 6* all purple except Savage. I had Sid leader 7*, Lumi 6*, JC 5*, Dooku 54* and Vader 4* all purple. Before I knew it JC and Lumi were down, I managed to take down Lumi before Sid went down as well.every shot they hit was critting thanks to the very generous buff the AI gets to make the game challenging instead of coding decent AI. Retreated, went back. I've now lost 6 of my highest toons to this team and I have 1.5 of their's down.
    Wow. No offense intended, but that should have been an easy win for you, assuming you had any backup characters at all. Even without them, you should have been able to quickly deal with Sid, and there's nobody else on that team that is a major threat. You even had Dooku, who always goes first, every time you retreat and re-enter. There's no reason you should have lost that, even with bad RNG luck. You just need to practice more.
    BTW, Vader is not a great GW character. His only real benefit is his ability to apply dots, and that limits your retreat timing. He's also super slow.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Like the rest of the game, GW is completely random. The buffs to the AI are unbalanced and ridiculous the further you level. Yeah, it's beatable if you take your time but some days you'll get teams that far more difficult than others and more often than not they are the 3rd to 4th last battle for some reason. Someone posted in forums with screens of opponents 10 levels higher and sometimes the AI buffs are crazier than normal. Just the other day I had a TIE pilot one shot my 6 star purple Chewie in the first round of the battle. I couldn't believe it. Another good example is I had Luminara (not team leader) resist and dodge 7 attacks in a row, then I realized, "Hey, My 7* maxed Luminara is team leader and my entire team (3 of them Jedi) has not dodged one single attack." LOL

I think when you get to level 60 and start maxing out a good group of heroes, the game can't find teams that are higher level than yours because everyone is close to maxed... so it starts giving incremental bonuses to AI. That's when the bonuses get out of hand. Just my theory.
  • Options
    GW is typically easy with a controller/heal support with 2 attackers, this team will always either take me to the end of GW every day or 5-4 battles from it then I'll finally need to swap, but anyways here's my group, Gear 7 barris 4* lead, gear 7 sid 7*, gear 7 lumi 7*, gear 7 daka 5*, and gear 7 old ben 4*. All level 60 ofcourse
  • Options
    Just bring 3 healers and keep them alive as long as possible, alternating heals. I find luminara's lvled up heal pretty OP - good at preempting a huge DPS spike. Spam JC heal often. Also Barris leader is a godsend for GW, that drip heal at the start of every turn helps immensely. Key is you always want to have at least one heal available during a round, so bring many.
  • CM_Halon
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I agree with you man, I don't know what the problem is but I'm a level 57 and I've been paired against level 58-60 multi-epic teams twice this week. I have a strong team, but when these people say they go through a full GW with 5 guys I have to call bee-ess. If you can, and I'm wrong, more power to you, I just don't see how it's possible. You got some love here man, I'll second the notion that GW is too random & far too hard until you're maxed at 60 (I assume?)
  • Options
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xBhgmty

How many CM of the 30 were you able to handle? =p
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Wow I hate facing those teams with Leia or fotp in GW. Someone has to die, if unlucky a main of mine.

GW is still tough for me even after a week in 60s. Farming for Bariss and levelling up my ewok elder now.