So I hear Lando is good

Prev1
irvvri
152 posts Member
Does lando have to be specifically paired with other toons to be good? Is he splashable on any team? What is it in particular that earns him all this praise? I look at his kit and it seems like he's mostly RNG based and I don't get it Hahahah any input helps, just trying to determine whether or not to start up his farm

Replies

• Options
    Put him with Phasma lead and Leia and watch his AOE decimate. He made the Empire event an utter walk for me. Best AOE in the game damage wise, by a good bit.
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Lando is great. I got him to G10 and omega'd his aoe and have been hitting for over 10k with O up. Using him in my rebel build with AA lead. Tactical genius into Lando AOE is deadly!
  • Options
    His aoe is awesome. Even at lower levels you can see his potential. Use supports like Poggle and phasma to buff and pair him with Ackbar he really goes to town.
  • Options
    What Twaller said
  • Options
    twaller wrote: »
    Lando is great. I got him to G10 and omega'd his aoe and have been hitting for over 10k with O up. Using him in my rebel build with AA lead. Tactical genius into Lando AOE is deadly!

+1
    AA Tactical Genius gets him AOE twice in a row /when played well/,after which the enemy´s protection is no more + some health is demolished as well.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    What's the difference in grinding him on the lower or higher lvl in Cantina? Is there better chance of rewards? Seems you would get more shards on lower
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have Lando fully levelled yet, but he may be my favorite character right now. He has a pretty decent basic as well. And if you have a way to give him advantage, he can just keep rolling his AoE. Is he somewhat RNG dependent? In some builds, yes. But he has a high crit rate anyway.

I didn't record any numbers, but I found the drop rate for shards to be better at the 12 energy level than the 8. Could just be RNG.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @CWent
    Post for you Cwent. You guys wanna see a badass Lando?
  • Options
    Higher Cantina nodes are always better anyways. Shame I need to farm Jawa on an 8 node now.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alanis wrote: »
    What's the difference in grinding him on the lower or higher lvl in Cantina? Is there better chance of rewards? Seems you would get more shards on lower

The drops for character shards have the same probability, which means you get shards faster if you farm the 8 energy nodes.
    However, the 12 energy nodes net more credits and cantina tokens, which is very helpful. They also net more purple ability mats.

I farm higher energy nodes when they are available, because credits and cantina tokens are much needed.
    Post edited by Sikho on
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    So if leveling faster is the only concern then 8 node is better?
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »

The drops have the same probability, which means you get shards/ability mats faster if you farm the 8 energy nodes.
    However, the 12 energy nodes net more credits and cantina tokens, which is very helpful.

I farm higher energy nodes when they are available, because credits and cantina tokens are much needed.

No, they do not. Everything except shards has higher drop rates in the higher energy nodes.

EDIT: agreed on the last sentence though.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So if leveling faster is the only concern then 8 node is better?

By leveling, I'm going to assume you mean bringing toons to 7*, in which case it's correct. If you're looking for shards, 8 nodes are better.

If you literally meant leveling as gaining player levels, both nodes give the same amount of xp/energy point spent, so there's no difference.

The deal is:

- 8 nodes: More character shards
    - 12 nodes: More credits, cantina tokens and purple ability mats.

People usually favor the 12/16 nodes since those bring you very valuable resources: Credits and cantina tokens, which can buy many powerful characters.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

The drops have the same probability, which means you get shards/ability mats faster if you farm the 8 energy nodes.
    However, the 12 energy nodes net more credits and cantina tokens, which is very helpful.

No, they do not. Everything except shards has higher drop rates in the higher energy nodes.

You're right actually, MK3 drop more from higher nodes.
    I was confused because I'm pretty sure a dev said the contrary. I'll edit my post.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    [No, no, please no. For the 99% majority of players the only ability materials that matter are the purples (omega are locked away anyway) and for this 99% majority that statement is NOT true.]

EDIT: this is not the post you're looking for, please move on folks :)
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

- 8 nodes: More character shards and ability mats
    - 12 nodes: More credits and cantina tokens

No, no, please no. For the 99% majority of players the only ability materials that matter are the purples (omega are locked away anyway) and for this 99% majority that statement is NOT true.

Yes, I already edited my post. My mistake.
  • Options
    Lando is a monster when you put him with AA lead and leia for Crit chance up...i land probably 4 out of 5 crits first time and with AA's Tac Gen, he goes right again with double the hitting power and same amount of Crits...which means by the time he comes back around again you've got your third wave to knock out most of the left over toons...awesome synergy! Just make sure you pair him with a taunting tank, otherwise he'll be gone by end of first round!
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, I already edited my post. My mistake.

Okay, we both ninja'ed each other haha.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Lando is a monster when you put him with AA lead and leia for Crit chance up...i land probably 4 out of 5 crits first time and with AA's Tac Gen, he goes right again with double the hitting power and same amount of Crits...which means by the time he comes back around again you've got your third wave to knock out most of the left over toons...awesome synergy! Just make sure you pair him with a taunting tank, otherwise he'll be gone by end of first round!
    Agreed.
    U need a tank to play alongside lando. Han would fit there.

• Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options

Farming him on lower levels gives you more chances to get a character, than on higher levels.
    For eksample, if lowes tier 8 energy and a higher for, say 12 energy, then you for 24 energy get a chance at two shards at 12 energy, but 3 chances at 8 energy
    I am Norwegian!
  • Murf_uK
    56 posts Member
    Options
    I'm torn between lando or kylio for my next cantina character, wish I never leveled fin
  • Options
    anybody have both wedge and lando? I have wedge and he is pretty good at raids bc of the automatic debuff on basic that helps him hit harder next turn. for the empire event, wedge's leader ability w/ offense and heal on kill was great.

not sure how the aoe's compare of course except that lando's can repeat if he crits.
  • dvallan
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My Lando is currently 6* with about 22/100 to go for 7*. I only farm him from the 8 energy Cantina node and I've been grinding every day for about a month and a half/ two months. Before that I only farmed GS and that took me about three or so months to go from like 2 or 3* to 7*.

EDIT: From what I can see he just sucks in defense and can be taken down very easily, especially if you target him first. Does this change with higher level gear? Or is he generally a weak defensive character?
  • Options
    Put him with Phasma lead and Leia and watch his AOE decimate. He made the Empire event an utter walk for me. Best AOE in the game damage wise, by a good bit.

So his aoe reads 2+ crits=75% more damage on the next turn. Does that carry over to the next node in the empire event?
  • Options

You're right actually, MK3 drop more from higher nodes.
    I was confused because I'm pretty sure a dev said the contrary. I'll edit my post.

Do you guys know if the same holds true for Hard nodes in LS/DS missions?

That is the higher the node, the more likely to get a purple gear drop, but shards are the same regardless?
  • Options
    Shhhhh! Stop talking about Lando. Go farm another toon. This is not the toon you are looking for.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Love lando
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    He's fun to use. Terrible on defense due to ai though. Taunt makes ai use basic attack
  • Options
    Lando is amazing. Relatively easy to get to G11, crits for 7-8k+ on basic and 9-10k+ on second AoE (with no crit dmg buffs from leader as I always use old Ben, Akbar, or Phasma)

30k health& protection combined so he is relatively sturdy and has his own crit up buff once he crits.

Rarely does he AoE and not crit twice, and paired with AA and Phasma he can easily decimate an opponents squad singlehanded.

dodge is the only thing that can really keep him from rolling the AoE's
  • Options

So his aoe reads 2+ crits=75% more damage on the next turn. Does that carry over to the next node in the empire event?

Yes, it does carry over in all game modes. And Omega hits for +100%.