Can you get Mk5 Droid Caller Salvages in T5?

Vodo
332 posts Member
I just realized that I did 18 raids yet with my guild (17xT5, 1xT6) and only got 5(!!) of those salvages. So now I wonder if those 5 are maybe from the one T6 we did. Is it possible that there are no Mk5 Droid Caller Salvages in T5?

Replies

• There should be salvages for that, they just don't seem to drop much in t5 or 6
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Do they drop well in heroic?
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    Do they drop well in heroic?

They don't drop well anywhere. They should be called holy grails instead as that's effectively what they are.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Lol, yeah. I don't understand why you can get furnaces in shipments but not the droid callers. I guess nobody understands except maybe some guys from EA/CG
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Lol, yeah. I don't understand why you can get furnaces in shipments but not the droid callers. I guess nobody understands except maybe some guys from EA/CG

They split toons between furnaces and droid callers and put only one in shipments, to see how well they generated revenue. Based on their results they'll either remove them from shipments at a later date or add in droid callers as well.

Expect the drop rate to fluctuate as they try to balance refresh attempts and purchases. Never forget you're playing a slot machine.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Am in a guild we've only done t5's or t4's. Managed to get 42/50 so far. Luck of the draw in this game.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Am in a guild we've only done t5's or t4's. Managed to get 42/50 so far. Luck of the draw in this game.

It doesn't drop in tier 4 so you've been seriously lucky in tier 5. It's a miracle if it drops in tier 6.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Furnaces is needed to get from gear VIII to gear IX by about 80% of the characters. After that 1/3 need Droïd Caller, 1/3 need Nebian Security, 1/3 need Nubian thech.

So having Furnace in shipment allows non-doing Raid spenders to have at least Gear IX characters.

And Yes ... Droïd callers is a pain to drop !
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    At t5, finishing 1st, u get 10 salvage of one of the 4 unobtainables.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    It doesn't drop in tier 4 so you've been seriously lucky in tier 5. It's a miracle if it drops in tier 6.

Yeah, am trying to remember if I bought 10 of those. But the others I did get lucky on. Haven't been so lucky lately so am saving creds to buy the remaining.