Delivery Awaits.. why still a requirment?

at lvl 80 why do I still need to purchase 3 items from the store for the daily activity. When you have 200+ of salvage parts that you wont use and don't want to spend crystals for salvage you dont need (less a furnace or other high end gear) and dont need any shards for the toons.. ugh you got rid of training and gearing of a toon this should be next to go.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    at lvl 80 why do I still need to purchase 3 items from the store for the daily activity. When you have 200+ of salvage parts that you wont use and don't want to spend crystals for salvage you dont need (less a furnace or other high end gear) and dont need any shards for the toons.. ugh you got rid of training and gearing of a toon this should be next to go.

I disagree. A lot of mobiles have you purchase stuff from the shop. It's also extremely cheap too. The reason is to make you look at all those nice high priced crystal characters which are purposely placed at the top, forcing you to scroll down to the cheap items (same with bronzium purchase).

That won't go away. It's the only way to entice you to buy things for real money. It may not work on you, but it works on gamblers and impulse buyers.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Unless ALL of your toons are maxed out, you never know when you might need them. At the very least, you get an Omega for doing everything.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    im ok about the buying, just give me something I need, just dont force me to buy something i have hundreds of or don't need..
  • Dude, it's like 5k
  • Oh I've run out of many "trivial/useless" items that I thought I'd never need... You never know when you might need those "extra 200 something" for the toons you haven't got yet. Don't count your chickens OP.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    nickalleye wrote: »
    Dude, it's like 5k

Yes, yes... I tried explaining that. They also purposely removed selling junk, so I doubt we will ever see that come back or trading up for useful gear.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Oh I've run out of many "trivial/useless" items that I thought I'd never need... You never know when you might need those "extra 200 something" for the toons you haven't got yet. Don't count your chickens OP.

I know when I start gearing new characters that I'm leveling I love going from gear 1 to gear 5 without having to go farm anything
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    nickalleye wrote: »
    Dude, it's like 5k

:D:D
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Green stun cuffs.... Ugh. I never have enough of these or the blue power cells that clones need a ton of at 20 a pop.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Because it forces you to look at the crystal gear
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

Occasionally I get things that help with my lvl 10 gear.. it happened yesterday, so those daily rewards are useful I wouldn't bypass them, in fact I try to do at least 2 more throughout the day.. because you never know.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    It doesn't force you to buy them only if you want to get the daily achievement. If you have 500 of a piece of gear who cares you are not buying the gear for the gear anymore you are buying the gear for the Omega Mat.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    I totally agree. The majority of the time it's stuff I already have a ton of, and with the credit crunch every credit matters. Spending around 7k credits a day on this just for an achievement is counterproductive.