Not an encouraging sign

If you goto the help page there is an announcement that you get a free character if you reach level 2 by December 4th. Really that is over a month ago, and still no took it down? Sounds like a petty gripe I know. Still it's something to worry about when you play a game that doesn't take care of details.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/

Replies

• ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It would seem EA/CG are at a complete standstill here. I'm not worried yet but it's getting pretty boring being pinned at Level 60 for almost a month replaying old levels. The only bright point is that some old missions have shards but outside of that, they really need to get their game together and pump out a lot more content in every area of the game.
    • In my view, they need to open up plenty more Levels in Cantina and Light/Dark Side.
    • They also need to activate some more tables and make more arenas with different shards offered, like Galactic War.
    • Also, I want to see attractive shard packs offered here, not a bunch of junk and one or two good selections. I'm sure they have many new characters coming so offer some of the better original characters to this list and make it attractive, not like your Year-End Sale selection that nobody really wanted.

If they don't do this very soon, it won't be good for them long term. I've already spoken to plenty of people who are getting bored and discouraged and some are turning to other games and SWGOH is sliding down their priority list. Let's hope EA/CG can finally make some good moves for the players outside of the cash grab....
  • Options
    As someone who just hit 60 I'm glad there is a little delay so I can do what I can to catch up. It's a fine line between always having something for the whales to buy and not leaving your F2P players so far in the dust they don't believe they have any hope to catch up or stay competitive.

I used to play a lot of Zynga games on Facebook and they pro-whaled themselves out of a lot of those games. They weren't even competitively natured games but there was something new almost every single day and it got to be too much.
  • Options
    It would seem EA/CG are at a complete standstill here. I'm not worried yet but it's getting pretty boring being pinned at Level 60 for almost a month replaying old levels. The only bright point is that some old missions have shards but outside of that, they really need to get their game together and pump out a lot more content in every area of the game.
    • In my view, they need to open up plenty more Levels in Cantina and Light/Dark Side.

Why is being a higher level than 60 better? What are you getting out of new basic levels, when you are blowing through them in a day? We need new activities, actual PvP, guilds etc. Level cap and new levels won't make the game more interesting, but frustrate players who just reached it and finally getting able to promote not just their core arena team so they can do GW.

In short, these updates benefit nobody, but hurt some.
  • Options
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    If you goto the help page there is an announcement that you get a free character if you reach level 2 by December 4th. Really that is over a month ago, and still no took it down? Sounds like a petty gripe I know. Still it's something to worry about when you play a game that doesn't take care of details.

Personally as a newer player it's also a bummer to see stuff like that still posted or referenced only to realize that there are no longer any such bonuses for new players, and that I unfortunately missed out. :(
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    The game was officially released on November 24th. That makes it just over one month old. Yes, I understand a lot of people were in pre-launch but when you consider the one month anniversary of launch fell right in the Holidays where most people have off, I think it's a bit early to be calling EA out for not releasing new stuff. In fact, they did release new characters when The Force Awakens opened.

They've already announced new patch coming some time in January. It is not their fault that some people rushed to 60. It happens in every game. When and if they increase the level cap, there are already posts on these forums where people have stock-piled their energy, training droids, and credits so they can hit level 70 in ONE day.

• StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    The game was officially released on November 24th. That makes it just over one month old. Yes, I understand a lot of people were in pre-launch but when you consider the one month anniversary of launch fell right in the Holidays where most people have off, I think it's a bit early to be calling EA out for not releasing new stuff. In fact, they did release new characters when The Force Awakens opened.

They've already announced new patch coming some time in January. It is not their fault that some people rushed to 60. It happens in every game. When and if they increase the level cap, there are already posts on these forums where people have stock-piled their energy, training droids, and credits so they can hit level 70 in ONE day.

+1

Crying for new content after only a month says a lot more about the player than the company. A year from now, you can be mad about new content.

As to OP's problem, I cannot find any reference to getting a new character if you reach level 2 by December 4th, either in app or on this website.
  • Options
    I doubt even 10%'of players are at level 60
  • Options
    • They also need to activate some more tables and make more arenas with different shards offered, like Galactic War.
    • Also, I want to see attractive shard packs offered here, not a bunch of junk and one or two good selections. I'm sure they have many new characters coming so offer some of the better original characters to this list and make it attractive, not like your Year-End Sale selection that nobody really wanted.

If they don't do this very soon, it won't be good for them long term. I've already spoken to plenty of people who are getting bored and discouraged and some are turning to other games and SWGOH is sliding down their priority list. Let's hope EA/CG can finally make some good moves for the players outside of the cash grab....

I feel your point a little but do remember like pointed out this is a brand new game. However for the mid to long term they do have to churn out more content or address the playing balance of the game. I find (and i am lvl60) that I am starting to get bored already, real pvp would help massively and maybe guilds/clans would also be cool. But i fear this requires long term effort and code on devs part.

This us the earliest I have adopted a new game so for sure there are to be problems moving forward that you wouldn't get wuth a more mature game.

Sit tight give them some time and see what will be.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    So let me get this straight. New patch/update hss been announced to launch in januari. OP is complaining about content which we get this month, others are complaining about raising the cap too soon. Tough spot to be in devs shoes cause no matter what happens, complaints will rain anyway?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options

I agree with your points. The horrid year end bundle tells us one thing: they have no pressure at all and the game is doing great
  • Options
    Raenas wrote: »
    Why is being a higher level than 60 better? What are you getting out of new basic levels, when you are blowing through them in a day? We need new activities, actual PvP, guilds etc. Level cap and new levels won't make the game more interesting, but frustrate players who just reached it and finally getting able to promote not just their core arena team so they can do GW.

In short, these updates benefit nobody, but hurt some.

This, this so much. We need something to keep playing after that 1h in the morning where we clear all that is daily and then half an hour at 17:30.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Some may not agree, but I can say this. What they gave us will give the average free player about a month's worth of play. A pay-for player, who knows, 2-3 days. The point is, should I be hitting a top so soon?? As everyone says, the game just got released. They should have given us at least 3 months worth of stuff to complete and then by the time we got there, they would have timed the next release with a similar content level. The last thing you want is players blowing through your content and stuck waiting....
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Guys I totally agree. I still like the hour a day casual playing theme of the game it's great for people with time investment issues. On that same token it's getting very boring doing the same things over and over and it would be great to have a variety of activities to choose from. But not so many that I feel forced to complete every activity daily or else I fall behind. Hopefully they find a nice balance with this next update.