Let's talk about Anakin..

irvvri
152 posts Member
edited June 2016
So we heard a while back that Anakin was one of the characters that the devs were "revisiting". It's been a pretty long time now, and I've essentially lost hope that his kit will ever be improved in any capacity.

With that being said, let's pretend for a moment that Anakin isn't a raging dumpster fire below average. Hypothetically, if I wanted to use him anyway, what squad would best suit him as he is now?

Thanks folks, may the force be with you

Replies

• I think he was improved. His strength grow rate is 8.4 now at star 7 rather than 8
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    I run him in my arena, Dooku lead QGJ Ani Fives Han
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I currently run an anakin leader team with ahsoka Leia qgj and aayla. It's pathetic on defense but I have a high win rate on offense and it's a fun team to play.

I'm on a December server and I'm a top five arena player. Anakin is maxed at 8200ish power.

He's much better with his leadership offense boost. Also ahsoka hits really hard with that benefit.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    I have an omega maxed Anakin. Using him in arena because I love him, many better options available tho. Truly a tragedy what was done to him
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    I have him completely maxed at 8220 power. He's Alright, the problem is, he needs to be a bit better than Alright considering he is g11. He's going to get left behind when level cap is raised. He needs a little more damage to basic and aoe.
  • Even with the 15 % max out? For the smite. What damage we talking. He's fast and his damage is not too far from lumis attck
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Even with the 15 % max out? For the smite. What damage we talking. He's fast and his damage is not too far from lumis attck

Lumi is hardly the gold standard for the kind of damage an attacker should be putting out.

I used to run QGJ (L), Anakin, Yoda, ST Han, and Poe before the protection update nerfed Ani into insignificance. He worked well with the two tanks getting killed, triggering his unique fairly early in the match. After that it was kind of a tough call which Jedi to focus, I think.

These days his AOE is likely to do more harm than good with the prevalence of evasion leads. His buff immunity is unreliable, his damage is pitiful, and his unique is inconsequential. If you insist on using him, I'd suggest putting him in a team where he is the lowest priority target (not hard to do) to make the most of his unique and high natural speed.