Ideas we need ideas people!!

KingPin
522 posts Member
edited June 2016
I wanted to start a post for constructive feedback in terms of user experience and future of this game.

Let me start by saying I love the game, the brand and want to continue in that venture!

I'd appreciate if the trolls contain themselves but appreciate people do come from an angle of frustration, all I ask is that if you have nothing constructive to say don't post please.

Here are my thoughts from 6 months playing this game

1. You guys have blurred the lines for spending in your business model. Lately it's been targeted at whale spending if you want to appease your players you need to reduce prices. Reducing prices isn't a bad thing in fact you are in a position to increase revenue exponentially by reaching out to a larger potential audience.

I propose

a. You reduce refresh, and gear costs in store
b. Chromium Toons stay at current costs
c. You start deal of the week/month bargain bucket. Best deal ever was dooku for 4.99 I'd love to see what your revenue was from that one toon alone
d. Crystal costs remain but do more may 4th type additional crystals per purchase events. I personably spent more that month than I ever have!

2 . Ok it been well documented regarding the frustration of players and lack of credit. I personally have 30 million worth of promotions and levelling up with a stock of 6500 training droids! Just sitting there.

I propose

a. Back payment of credit to acknowledge this issue to appease the masses
b. Increase credit income significantly this should never be one of the progression walls. People need to find the game rewarding. Slowing progress though gear and buying toons is one thing but don't stop people's ability to level what they have!

3. Change the daily grind. Challenges and guild wars is a grind I don't think you can change it, that is the nature of these kind of games whether we like it or not

I propose

a. Make GW 6 battles not 12 same rewards (increased with number 2 above)
b. Change challenges completely they should always award coins and training droids. Mats and other bits can vary day to day
c. Be nice to see different people to beat. I want to see challenges as a puzzle, in that you need to think about having to beat it a certain way (don't make is toon specific though)

4. Faction only events need changing. Of all players how many can play them at any one time? 25-50% again I come back to rewarding behaviours

I propose

a. You allow any team into these events or at least of a certain class type rather than only empire or only rebels

5. This next one might be contentious but server changes for those consistently in arena top 10 for weeks at a time

I propose

a. Highlander mentality there can only be one! Work towards higher tier server
b. Grant opportunity for others to access the higher award tiers in arena removing the pre crafting issue

One more introduce ships = awesome

My thoughts guys :)
Post edited by KingPin on

Replies

• KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Bump
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Interesting ideas, but lets be fair, do a search, this forum is full of ideas.

I do actually agree with you that lower prices should generate more spending total, but i can also guarantee you that EA has people who specialize in this type of economic analysis, and as much as it baffles me the high prices drive more revenue for EA, so it wont change.

To be fair right now there are three problems in the game, not enough credits, not enough gear, and GW is a horrible experience that we all complete just for the credits that we dont have enough of.

Those are the problems that need fixing. And EA already knows this. the gear and credits they likely dont care about, but GW they say they are working on.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    What do you propose sparrow to fix this problem overall

Did you buy crystal in the May 4th event more than you do normally?
  • I'm with you at every point, but being realistic, the 5th is not negotiable. Whales pay to abuse, if they get moved to a server where they have some sort of competence they lose that advantage, hence they stop spending.
    Other than that, great post! :)
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    What about higher tier servers have better crystal drops though :) ?
  • About the crefit, it should be used only to buy gear pieces and craft gear, upgrade chars stars also. To increase lvl the xp droids should be the only requirement, why use xp droids + credit?
  • How will this upcoming female event account for transgender toons?
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Like it dark good idea

And patman don't they normally provide separate toilet facilities or something?
  • RFC
    33 posts Member
    The Devs just need to communicate more about concerns. Even if they were planning to do things I disagreed with, it's the lack of feedback and acknowledgement for SO long after a problem has become prevalent that seems to agitate a lot of the player base.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    I'm with you at every point, but being realistic, the 5th is not negotiable. Whales pay to abuse, if they get moved to a server where they have some sort of competence they lose that advantage, hence they stop spending.
    Other than that, great post! :)
    I think the general trend in behavior is that if you move a whale to a server with even bigger whales, a good portion of them may spend even more to try to get back on top. It's an idea worth exploring. But it does need to be kept to servers of the same age.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Exactly hhooo could even scale difficulty of challenges to suit the server seen people complaining about difficulty too sometimes
  • Ashishin
    160 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    KingPin wrote: »

@KingPin

Higher reward servers, create another gap/wall in the community and upset your FTP, carp and dolphins. People are already upset regarding raid rewards and various other things that divide the community.

-Ashishin

This post was edition to meet our Forum Guidelines.
    Post edited by ObbyEcho on
    Much butt hurt I sense in you, this is why you fail...
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ashishin wrote: »
    KingPin wrote: »

@KingPin

Higher reward servers, create another gap/wall in the community and upset your FTP, carp and dolphins. People are already upset regarding raid rewards and various other things that divide the community.

-Ashishin

Not if they are different server to FTP any case did say server thing was contentious even if other points are addressed would be awesome

This post was edited to conform with our Forum Guidelines.
    Post edited by ObbyEcho on
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Maybe FTP servers with fewer events and characters to choose from...
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Got another idea meant to post at the top raid reward system is far from ideal

a. ability to select raid gear you get from a list presented on completion
    b. Increase reward zones i.e 1-10 share top loot 11- 21 etc etc only separation being coins guild currency

I also think it would be great to have an ability to call in a benched toon in the raid when one of the active ones dies to keep rest of the team going although could shape this into next raid rather than current as it would likely break it right now
  • Sparrow wrote: »
    Interesting ideas, but lets be fair, do a search, this forum is full of ideas.

I do actually agree with you that lower prices should generate more spending total, but i can also guarantee you that EA has people who specialize in this type of economic analysis, and as much as it baffles me the high prices drive more revenue for EA, so it wont change.

To be fair right now there are three problems in the game, not enough credits, not enough gear, and GW is a horrible experience that we all complete just for the credits that we dont have enough of.

Those are the problems that need fixing. And EA already knows this. the gear and credits they likely dont care about, but GW they say they are working on.

Problem #4: Sun Fac
    Problem #5: B2
    Problem #6: AI dodge consistency
    Problem #7: Challenge gear just about worthless higher up (Tank challenge anyone???)
    Problem #8: Lack of competitive characters leading to the same team comps by just about everybody.
    Problem #9: Lack of options in arena and gw shipments for long time players.
    Problem #10: Goes with #8... overwhelming amount of underwhelming characters. ANAKIN!
    Problem #11: RG needs his taunt to actually last only one turn. Not where it is now which can basically last almost two full turns.
    Problem #12: Lack of synergy. Besides droids and ewoks and some Jedi, there are little synergies in this game. Making leaders have more specific leader abilities (ie Old Ben's evasion to Jedi only, Dooku evasion to dark side only). At least make their leader abilities like Lumi's, where she grants half the bonus to non-jedi.
    Problem #13: Goes along with #12, lack of synergy between two different groups (Jedi and ewoks, Jedi and clones). This game needs to encourage people use different team comps by having more synergies between different groups, and less broad-based leader abilities.
    Problem #14: Raids are ridiculous and the reward system needs a massive rework. Too many people miss raids because they are done too fast. Too many people get worse rewards because they get stuck doing certain phases. Anyone on the guild should get raid rewards whether they participate in the raid or not. If they are contributing coins, they shouldn't get shafted. People work long hours certain days, it happens. Let guild leaders/members decide if they don't think a certain person deserves rewards for a raid. They can kick those people.
    Problem #15: Add rewards for successful arena defends and add a cooldown (1 hour?) when you have been successfully attacked. You can fluctuate from top 5 down to 50 in a matter of hours. That is just ridiculous. Adding a cooldown makes it to where a different variety of teams are getting attacked and certain teams aren't avoided as much.

I'm sure there are plenty more that I just can't think of off the top of my head!
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Awesome post thanks :)

Naecabon suggested another great idea keeping the omega weekends going agree completely and is another reveneue stream for the team although hopefully reduced refresh costs would be introduced with it
  • Great post KingPin!! I really like the idea of having a deal of the week/month again. I spend 20-40€ each month but lately I only go for crystals in order to buy credits and refreshments..its so hard to farm specific characters which are not available in specific shops. Once you actual get them, they nerf them again abd you feel like all the work was for nothing.

I also agree to find a solution to get more credits and training droids. That shouldnt be limited as hard as it is right now.

Tha galactic war suggestion could be devided in easy, medium and hard section. Easy = 9 easy games
    Medium = 6 medium games and hard = 3 hard pvp-like games. The rewards should be the same for all 3 of them. Of course, credits need to be increased and maybe you could add one ,"
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    How will this upcoming female event account for transgender toons?

Like rey. She clearly is a T girl since she has no curves whatsoever. My idea is to make the female characters bodies actually look female. Amazing idea no?
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    bologne wrote: »
    Patman6632 wrote: »
    How will this upcoming female event account for transgender toons?

Like rey. She clearly is a T girl since she has no curves whatsoever. My idea is to make the female characters bodies actually look female. Amazing idea no?

Wait for slave Leia jobs a gooden

Ok another idea ....What about a server showdown so servers play against each other with a monthly prize for everyone on the top server

Could group them by age of server starting or give some sort of armour/ damage bonus for newer servers
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Or galactic war where the whole server is trying to take down the empire or something, all guilds unite for this monthly event in order to take on the empire!!! You know actually a galactic war