Can we just have Omega Battles every single weekend?

Prev13
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
Seriously, WTB Omegas.

Why get rid of them? Just have these on infinite loop IMO.

The Omega struggle is real.

Replies

• Options
    Rotation of events on a norms type would be good.

Every weekend is double exp and omega
    Monday , Wednesday, Friday double event ( random table chosen and double is given)
    Tuesday and Thursday ( a random event is played like the droid event or the empire event).

To me this sounds good and would make me look foward to each one.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed this would be very helpful. 15-20 days to fully omega just ONE character? No thank you
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    3 and a half years to omega every toon, does seem a little slow
  • Options
    Just double everything. When they did the May 4th promotions, it was the only time that credits, cantina credits, crystals and shards were dropping at a decent rate that also most seemed right.
  • Fabzorz
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Seriously, WTB Omegas.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They could do that and make the battles a little harder. Give people incentive to build up eligible characters.

It's not like people aren't using crystals to refresh the tier III battle so they have nothing to lose.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, these things just print money for them right? So so so many of us crystal refresh the omegas, so who's losing in this? Everyone gets more omegas, they get more money, this is win/win? yeah?

Let's all win!

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, even after an ongoing weekend event, it would still be a gated item, not too fast, but not rediculously slow.
  • Options
    +1
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Without these battles omegas are basically the only thing that level the field between ftp to whales.
    It's a good thing. Plus we don't need to have everything to max after a week, we can be patience ;)
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    Without these battles omegas are basically the only thing that level the field between ftp to whales.
    It's a good thing. Plus we don't need to have everything to max after a week, we can be patience ;)

With Omega battles it'd still take a year to omega everything
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

At the current rate, you will never get everyone done. To keep the math simple...you can basically omega 2 of the 81 toons a month...BUT, we basically get two new characters a month, so you will never do more than just keep up with new toons, in essence (can put them on anyone obviously though).

I don't feel strongly one way or another, but wanted there to be context. I'm all for gating the game to slow progression, gear is handling that aggressively right now (once again, don't feel like getting into a gear discussion).
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Post this in my thread (ideas people we need ideas!!) it's a great idea want to make it a megathread so they can take it all to the devs
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Almost two years, excluding new characters, if it's weekends only, if you do two refreshes on both Saturday and Sunday
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

I can see why EA would want to drag this out for a year.
    {RotE}
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't like the idea of it being regular. It makes it more interesting and special when you have to carefully pick where you want to invest the omegas you've earned. When everybody has everything it removes an element of strategy that makes squad building compelling and ruins diversity.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    +!
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Do you whales really need to omega CUP, ugnaught and mob enforcer?

Plus dont you just do 20 crystal refreshes on weekends?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Do you whales really need to omega CUP, ugnaught and mob enforcer?

Plus dont you just do 20 crystal refreshes on weekends?

Let's just do some math. 20 characters (for raids) as a conservative estimate, 3 abilities each. 1 ability every 5 days. Without these events, it would take 10 months to max abilities.

Also, you can only refresh 2 times

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Like the idea, but lets not turned this out as "stronger-get-stronger"
    Just remove refresh but give 3 mats instead.
    plus may the 4th with you sale bonus should've come weekly too
    the cake is a lie
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Weekend omega sounds awesome
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Seriously, WTB Omegas.

I completely agree, even throw in a night sister only day. I refresh every day, which means more crystals which means more money for them. I don't see how they lose out.
  • Options
    This would be a great idea. Nice post.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Yes please
  • Options
    +1
    829-416-931
  • Options
    Opusone wrote: »

At the current rate, you will never get everyone done. To keep the math simple...you can basically omega 2 of the 81 toons a month...BUT, we basically get two new characters a month, so you will never do more than just keep up with new toons, in essence (can put them on anyone obviously though).

I don't feel strongly one way or another, but wanted there to be context. I'm all for gating the game to slow progression, gear is handling that aggressively right now (once again, don't feel like getting into a gear discussion).

I think that's point. They want you to have to make choices probably. If every character has maxed out Omega abilities, how special then are the Omega abilities?

I also look at it as kind of at it like Vader, one of the few things in the game that can't be bought. All the players have equal access.