Character Design Redunancy?(attacks, abilities, etc.)

SaVaGeTnK
108 posts Member
edited January 2016
Don't get me wrong, the game is very detailed. From the battle arenas to shadows and character details. It's a very well made game visually.

I do hope it's not a norm to roll out characters that share too much in common since as of now there are no new abilities to learn. It's not that much of a rant, just hoping it's not a trend for upcoming toons.

Example:

Finn and Poe are basically the same toons. Same character skin, different heads. Same basic attacks. Finn does the same special attack as Resistance Trooper with similar effects.

Most Jedis have the same basic attack and attack in the same animation. Windu and Ima Gun Di have the same special attack animation.

Healing animations, etc.

I can understand the storyline "they are Jedis and learn the same thing" but in terms of game content diversity gives more depth to a character, especially when you are going to pay a premium price for a pack to get it. Don't get me wrong, there are great unique characters like Dooku, Sid, Cad Bane, Vader, Fett but these characters where created before the app release. For time constraint reasons it's logical to skin something differently and share attack animations. I could say most of the new toons released are unique like Rey and Phasma. Just hoping it doesn't become a trend for toons people will like too see like Yoda, Jedi Luke and others.

Replies

• CG did get a bit lazy (or perhaps were rushing to develop and release them by the movie release?) on the Resistance side as Finn, Poe and Resistance Trooper are practically same bodies with different heads.

Indeed it would also be nice to have more varied animations, though you soon get used to it after a while now matter how cool... :|

While we can always hope for graphics/animation updates, I would rather like to see the option to increase the animation speed so that the battle can be speeded up as fast as when in auto mode.