Hk-47 or captain phasma?

Rab1s
23 posts Member
Hey guys kinda new to the game. Level 44. Free player. Looking to grab some new characters. Hk requires 80 but I always love him since kotor but phasma only needs 50. Which is a better character? Is it best to go for the big ones and then small or visa versa?

Also iyo, is it best to use the crystals for shipments so you know what your going to get (ex: 150 for 3 hk47 cards) or use em on the priemum random cards at 350?

Replies

• I can't answer all your questions, but in terms of bang for your buck, Lumi seems the best bet from GW (she also makes your GW runs much easier). If you already have her, then Phasma or Poggle seems to be the consensus for a second character.

HK is farmed in a different area so you can go for both. The difference in shards is due to the different star levels you get them at - HK comes at 4*, Phasma at 3*. Once you add the shards to star up Phasma, the difference goes away.

Finally don't buy the 350 cards or buy shipments (shipments are 50 crystals per shard - you 'should' get better bang for your buck spending that on refreshes - on the assumption the character you are after is farmable.

Either save up for the 8x or use it to refresh energy.
  • Rab1s
    23 posts Member
    Interesting. Okay yea I'll go for lumi and hk-47. And I'll try holding my crystals for 8x.
  • Rab1s wrote: »
    Interesting. Okay yea I'll go for lumi and hk-47. And I'll try holding my crystals for 8x.

...what does your current roster look like...have you bought any pack? I would highly suggest u build up the best possible team asap.... unlock toons that'll best help you out in pvp n gw.

Not having a game plan, will hurt you fast.... if your not Building the current cookie cutter team, then make sure ur working toward a well synergized team....
  • Hk47 only really shines in a droid team. What is your current roster?
  • Rab1s
    23 posts Member
    Current roster

4 star chewie
    2 star Jedi consular
    2 star tank
    3 star first order
    3 star talia
  • HK is never really going to shine unless you've planning on using at least a couple droids on your squad. He's got a lot of health and an interesting AOE ability, but his attacks are pretty weak and without droids to share his crit/turn meter boosts with, he falls short of his competitors.

I use him, personally, but I also use IG88 and IG86 :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Rab1s wrote: »
    Current roster

4 star chewie
    2 star Jedi consular
    2 star tank
    3 star first order
    3 star talia

I wouldnt get HK47 with this team. Important in this stage of the game is to clear galactic war and get 2 arena shipments every day. The characters that will help best with that are luminara from gw and sidious from arena.
    From the cantina tokens there are various options (poe, daka, fives and maybe boba) and you either farm luke with cantina energy or star up talia or chewie.

If you really want a droid team I think this is still the best way, after you farm up these heroes you go for the droids.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    If you want a droid team, you should buy the droid bundle and work on them.