empire squad

who do you think should be empire squad
rg,vader,tarkin who else
will i use magamatropper,snowtrooper,general veers.stormtrooper

Replies

• Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    There's no Empire squad that can actually be competitive, that's why they're giving the shards away. Empire is so slow that Tarkin is the only viable leader, however he has no potency and is entirely debuff-based, so every match is essentially 4v5. Can only hope Empire gets a buff down the track, but I wouldn't count on it.
  • Options
    im trying to star up my empire character so if the empeor is only available though a event like yoda ill be prepared
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tarkin is actually very good, despite what the other poster said. I think it only takes one piece of raid gear to max his gear, though it may be two. Anyways, maxed out his basic deals 6k without offense up or a critical hit, and can reach 14k with offense up and advantage. At higher gear levels Magmatrooper finally gains potency, so his AoE can actually be pretty good. Obviously Vader is a must for an Empire squad, as is RG. You can pick between Veers and Snowtrooper for the last spot, but I'd reccomend Snowtrooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Join the group
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41302/the-galactic-empire-players-discussion/p1

I'm thinking the best Empire squad is
    Tarkin (L)
    Vader
    Royal Guard
    Snowtrooper
    Magmatrooper

But that's assuming absolutely maxed (except Vader stars) because there's some potency increases at the very end.
  • Options
    thanks all the character yeou said above i have at 4 stars id just wanted make sure before ill farm them any more
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Join the group
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41302/the-galactic-empire-players-discussion/p1

I'm thinking the best Empire squad is
    Tarkin (L)
    Vader
    Royal Guard
    Snowtrooper
    Magmatrooper

But that's assuming absolutely maxed (except Vader stars) because there's some potency increases at the very end.

This is the squad I'm building right now.
  • Options
    Given the more recent updates and new characters, here is what I recommend my first and second picks for a GREAT Empire squad that is competitive and blows through Galactic War:

1. (Leader) Emperor Palpatine (Leader), Emperor Palpatine. If you didn't catch the hint, EP should be your squad leader.

2. (Primary Attacker)Darth Vader, Darth Vader. Same as above. HUGE synergies here.

3. (Tank) Shoretrooper, Royal Guard. Some of the best tanks i the game honestly and they both debuff enemies.

4. (Other) Grand Moff Tarkin, Director Krennic. Krennic must be paired with the death trooper if he is used.

5. (Other) Darth Sidious, Death Trooper. I realize Sidious is not an empire toon but he is Sith and has great synergy with EP.
  • Options
    I'm running Vader(L), Krennic, Shoretrooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and Boba.
    I would had put Death Trooper instead of Boba but with the Wedge/Biggs rebel duo in competitive it's actualy a disadvantage to have an entire empire team.
    But if you can get Palpatine I feel like it could be done, mostly because of his stuns.
  • Options
    I am running EP(L), Vader, Shore, TFP, Sidous
    I was wondering how much better is RG vs Shore?
    Its easier for me to get RG shards, so should I just 7* RG and gear him?
    My Shore is gear 9, so I am not in too deep.

Im lvl 78 btw
  • Options
    Shore is MUCH better than RG. Hands down. And TFP is a must for empire teams.

Leader should be Palp, with Vader, TFP, Shore, and the 5th can be Nihilus, Boba, or even Magma if u wanna go pure Empire.
  • Micaelis
    28 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @theKingsman

I have been running my 7 star sidious for the extra DOTs and the expose. I was going to take him (sidious) to gear 10 (Im lvl 80 and have palp and vader at 10 gear). Would it better to take Nihilus or Boba? Wouldn't Nihilus be better due to him being sith than boba that has no tag synergy?
  • Options
    i run ep lead, rg, sht, tfp and boba, all gxi, 7* except sht is 4*. Do ok, 50-25ish in arena. wondering about DK/DeathT. but the new ones sound interesting too.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for Zarkin (kidding, just zTarkin) to show up.
    I'd love to see a rework on him to bring speed and potency equal to speed (a bit like zQGJ) with a 5% heal/protection recovery (one of them, not both) each time they score a debuff.
    Would be great, competitive and funny to play.