When You Make a Mistake Now in this Game You Can Never Recover

LordAlvert
1193 posts Member
As the people who have decried the precrafting thing for weeks stretching to months once there is a fork in this games' gameplay you create a path of progresion that you can never recover from. You will NEVER get to the place you would have been.

The game is very very punishing to players that spend resources poorly or waste resources.

This effect becomes even more pronounced when you squander your opportunity to obtain items that are at the key bottleneck to the game progression.

Easiest example is omegas. If you miss 80 for a week on a vacation... You are 7 omegas behind forever.

Right now in my estimation the most important part of making a toon usable is the four unobtainables. If you are p2w then three "unobtainables." Guild currency is very expensive for gear.

Many of us dream about B2 getting his double Arakyd. Expect more toons 2 or more a month. And they are coming out more and more skilled and powerful and usable.

If you make a mistake now your roster will be full of neat looking toons like wedge and sun fac that are gear 8 or 9 and not usable in arena or w raid basically.

If this raid system gets fixed you are even more stuck behind the guys who have 15-20 gear 10 and gear 11 toons already. You are fine on gear 9 just buying furnaces.

I am thankful I am finally getting to the point I am satisfied with my Nubians and callers. Still need a lot but don't have that desperate feeling...

Words to the wise...

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the Great Paywall of Developers' Salaries!
  • Options
    Oh how sad it must be to be you...

It must not have come into that awesome brain of yours that it's the current meta?

I have been playing since January & all I can say is "you're on top one meta, at the bottom the next". As a f2p, I cannot expect to be on the top every single meta change... You might but I can't.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Huh? U have gotten droid callers and nubians already?

I have 10 caller salvage pieces so far. :)

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    OP has first world problems.
  • Options
    AKA how "my thoughts post" became "bragging time".
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

Get to an heroic guild ASAP.

Yogi wrote: »

Made me laugh.
    AKA how "my thoughts post" became "bragging time".

Find a quick path to max unobtainables.

It must not have come into that awesome brain of yours that it's the current meta?

I have been playing since January & all I can say is "you're on top one meta, at the bottom the next". As a f2p, I cannot expect to be on the top every single meta change... You might but I can't.

F2p has it great now w the heroic raids!! Agree w your points.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    With shifting metas, you are always catching up. Decisions aren't crippling. That bad decision today, can get a buff tomorrow. That good decision you make today can be nerfed tomorrow. The field is more equal and unequal than people claim. I say enjoy the ride, or find a different hobby. Free time should be enjoyed. People need to worry less about what their neighbors have, and enjoy what they have.

Rambling I know, and I expect to be ridiculed, but it's ok, I'm enjoying the ride.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    The people who are lucky enough to have heroic on farm really don't seem to understand that this is not a reality for everyone, nor should it be accepted as a solution to pre crafting. Congratulations, you're obviously doing fine. Let the rest of us discuss the issues that affect our gameplay experience.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    The people who are lucky enough to have heroic on farm really don't seem to understand that this is not a reality for everyone, nor should it be accepted as a solution to pre crafting. Congratulations, you're obviously doing fine. Let the rest of us discuss the issues that affect our gameplay experience.

This is what I meant. This post is not about mistakes you can never recover, it's about "hey I know how to get you out from your missery, just do Heroic raids".
    Like we never thought about it.
    Problem here is Heroic can only be reached if you are p2p or one of the really few lucky/hardworking f2ps. Period.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    No just join a guild that does heroics. Most smar
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

Relevant
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Problem here is Heroic can only be reached if you are p2p or one of the really few lucky/hardworking f2ps. Period.

Latter part of this is true, I suppose. But if one is FtP and not willing to commit to the grind and the effort to win, one should not complain about it. Luck though...nothing to do with it.

My guild has more than a few FTP, and the rewards they receive in Heroic are far better than what they were getting in T6. And the guild has no issues clearing a T7. Could do it in less than an hour easy if we wanted to.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    OP is right. sun fac b2 echo dengar new toons that help in P1 raids and shift the sthan/rg meta that plagues arena. Most need droid callers.
    Also my sid, jc and 86 will stay in g8, leia rex and other that need it in g10 will get a furnace. Choices choices

My guild can clear t6 in one refresh due to four whales that have a large roster but it wasnt enough for our first t7. In two weeks we may have another crack at it.
    T6 rewards suck. Only get salvages for stuff that can be farmed
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Alternatively you can just, y'know, deal with it... Not everyone can be The Bestest Best Who Ever Bested at Everything. It's okay to lose sometimes. That's caled being a mature, rational adult. Just do your best with what you have, and suddenly you find that games add more to your life than they detract by taking them seriously.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    And if a player starts now, they will be how far behind with omegas? That is how all games work. The longer you've been playing, the easier it is.

When the next omega type piece is introduced, the current omegas will become much easier to obtain. It's not like omega is the end skill upgrade piece.

I enjoy your "sky is falling" speeches. I suppose we should Just hold all our resources until they next level cap raise and they are made obsolete by virtue of being easier to earn. This is how these games work.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    I took a 3 month break from the game, and while I am quite behind, I have all the characters I need because I made smart decisions. If EA doesn't increase the level cap soon I'll definitely be able to catch up enough to have a maxed arena team in a couple months.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

My guild does tier five raids and I've made a nubian, a droid caller and a furnace so far. That's between drops and using guild currency to buy parts from the store.

• chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options

Way to be civil about it. Humanity lost a couple points with your post. Congrats on being an **** for no reason.
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    As the people who have decried the precrafting thing for weeks stretching to months once there is a fork in this games' gameplay you create a path of progresion that you can never recover from. You will NEVER get to the place you would have been.

The game is very very punishing to players that spend resources poorly or waste resources.

This effect becomes even more pronounced when you squander your opportunity to obtain items that are at the key bottleneck to the game progression.

Easiest example is omegas. If you miss 80 for a week on a vacation... You are 7 omegas behind forever.

Right now in my estimation the most important part of making a toon usable is the four unobtainables. If you are p2w then three "unobtainables." Guild currency is very expensive for gear.

Many of us dream about B2 getting his double Arakyd. Expect more toons 2 or more a month. And they are coming out more and more skilled and powerful and usable.

If you make a mistake now your roster will be full of neat looking toons like wedge and sun fac that are gear 8 or 9 and not usable in arena or w raid basically.

If this raid system gets fixed you are even more stuck behind the guys who have 15-20 gear 10 and gear 11 toons already. You are fine on gear 9 just buying furnaces.

I am thankful I am finally getting to the point I am satisfied with my Nubians and callers. Still need a lot but don't have that desperate feeling...

Words to the wise...

How very wrong you are good sir. I was criticized for pouring all my resources into droids. I never farmed QgJ or Rey. I gave IG100 my Nubian scanner. I was farming Royal guard when he **** because he looked cool (and I cosplayed as him for my store's special functions). Im currently farming Boba Fett in cantina before Fives or QGJ. Oh, and I spent my omegas on IG100 basic, Jawa Engineers basic, and ig88's leader ability.

And now I'm on top of Arena's #1 spot, fifth in raids (farming Lobot and Teebo, heh) and loving every minute of this game. By not following the meta and blowing omegas on characters I like.

If you're having problems being 'behind the curve ' then you may not be cut out for this game.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Words to the wise...

How very wrong you are good sir. I was criticized for pouring all my resources into droids. I never farmed QgJ or Rey. I gave IG100 my Nubian scanner. I was farming Royal guard when he **** because he looked cool (and I cosplayed as him for my store's special functions). Im currently farming Boba Fett in cantina before Fives or QGJ. Oh, and I spent my omegas on IG100 basic, Jawa Engineers basic, and ig88's leader ability.

And now I'm on top of Arena's #1 spot, fifth in raids (farming Lobot and Teebo, heh) and loving every minute of this game. By not following the meta and blowing omegas on characters I like.

If you're having problems being 'behind the curve ' then you may not be cut out for this game.

Part of what you say is very indicative of the op's thought process. He is all about the right now. Takes everything in a perfect vaccum free from any kind of influence and irrespective to what will occur in the future.

His threads are well articulated and generate a lot of traffic. I hate to see disinformation taken as gospel. Fear is a very powerful emotion. And very easy to use for persuasive purposes.
  • Options
    The good thing with the Omega's at least is that while technically some will be behind, it won't be meaningfully so because not every skill is worthy of an Omega. Players can mostly be on par for PVP / GW and raids once they have Omega skills on about 10 heroes that really matter.
  • Options
    @LordAlvert we should have the people in this thread saying they don't have a strong enough guild to do heroics and there fore stay behind because of the gear wall meet the people in the other thread of yours where people were bemoaning FTP in strong guilds as being taken advantage of. These groups really should meet, maybe they could work something out....like a mixed guild.
  • Options
    I didn't realize this was a race.......
  • QuiteDrunk
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

@LordAlvert we should have the people in this thread saying they don't have a strong enough guild to do heroics and there fore stay behind because of the gear wall meet the people in the other thread of yours where people were bemoaning FTP in strong guilds as being taken advantage of. These groups really should meet, maybe they could work something out....like a mixed guild.

nice one, now im hungry.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Words to the wise...

Part of what you say is very indicative of the op's thought process. He is all about the right now. Takes everything in a perfect vaccum free from any kind of influence and irrespective to what will occur in the future.

His threads are well articulated and generate a lot of traffic. I hate to see disinformation taken as gospel. Fear is a very powerful emotion. And very easy to use for persuasive purposes.

@JinSaotome you are doing two things very well. Going for toons you like with skills you like, kits you like, and knowing the meta will change. You are making investments in toons you like now and think might become helpful in the future. This is excellent game play.

Chasing the meta w being behind and trying to get today's meta can be frustrating and a poor use of resources as we all know they must rotate the meta.

As far as what @Nebulous, writes I would simply state the game rewards value seeking. 900 cantina refresh bad value. 100 cantina refresh one of the best values in the game. This is a f2p and whale issue. You must constantly decide does this Nubian 7 go on DPS Rey or go on tank RG.

This enables your happiness and arena position and your game satisfaction.

It is inversely proportional to the amount of times you will post on a forum complaining to the Devs regarding well thought out already-buffed quite-generous rewards.

Right now the game play dictates that the most useful commodity is unobtainables. If someone through fear, the unknown, pointless loyalty, poor choice of guild in the first place (doing tier 4,5 when they have five seven star toons or surrounded by an overpowered whale guild and forced to take value that they are complaining about) they are crippling their gameplay and long term success for illogical reasons.

Always make your decisions based on the facts that are present and very very clear to you.

This is a conclusion that is remarkable for its simplicity and obvious veracity:

1) if you have five seven star toons find any guild clearing heroic ASAP. No reason ever to be mired in tier 3,4,5,6. None at all.

2) if you have a 400000+ phase one DMG heroic team and struggle to make top ten... Get out of there ASAP. Find a place to get maximal returns.

"Maybe the future will change" is mumbojumbo that clouds the obvious facts of the present and near present future...

Post edited by LordAlvert on