Don't write Dooku off yet!! *Information Inside*

Replies

• Options
    I got 2/6 today.(0/3 on light hard and 2/3 on dark hard)

Dooku is a role player. I've never taken him out because he does damage over time with his counters and since many people are running either Barriss or Lumi as leaders, he gets the job done.

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Then Dooku will be a real OP this time :) Just kidding of course but isn't %140 potency a bit high? I mean he will stun + damage anyone he wants and he will be a real 'pain in a certain body part' for sure. I hope his hp will be low so we can encounter him with that possible weakness...
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My average for Dooku is roughly 2/6. The best was 4/6, but that was just once. Plenty of times I had 0-1/6 as well.

Many people say Dooku is out-classed in the endgame, but I am still levelling him because he is fast (speed kills), can disrupt the game flow and most teams have Lumi in their line up. The ability to neutralise her powerful Force Blast and heal is just too good to pass.

I have raised this in another post, but I have no clue what that 140% potency means (or other stats such as the critical rating which is not in percentages). Yeah, I get that higher rating is better, but how does that work with his stun chance? Even factoring in the opponent's tenacity (which is usually around the 30% mark), the final, adjusted potency rating for Dooku should be above 100% against most heroes, meaning his stun should technically always work. But it does not work that way even when he successfully lands his attack (yes, I know the stun chance is not 100%).

Same with other heroes. Take Talia for example. Her Harrowing Assault is supposed to (i.e. 100%) land damage over time for 2-3 turns. So let's say she uses this ability against Sid who has 34% tenacity. Given her potency is 75%, the damage over time should always work (100% chance to land damage over time + her 75% potency - Sid's 34% tenacity = 141%. I guess this is not the way how it is calculated, but...) unless Sid deflects the attack. But I often see such is not the case. The opponent would take damage, but resists the detrimental effects. Why?

• Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    2. One of those pieces gives him +30% tenacity, which almost doubles his current number.
    Heh it's Potency , not Tenacity dude. Tenacity would be crazy good. Pushing his Potency to 170% is not too shabby tho ;)
    @ WhipiT Completely agree with you there, Dooku was, is and hopefully will always be a very decent support toon! He is not something like FOTP/Leia but a good addition to a well rounded squad. With his Kit he obviously shines against the current strong Jedi like QGJ / Old Ben (+ FOTP/Leia ) and will continue to shine against any relevant Jedi added in future updates.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In general Im not gonna disagree at all and i have said many times over that hes super fun, one of my favs, and his lightning/stun is sweet.
    I also stand by all the anti-OP statements i have made in that he is generally unreliable, a liability on defence, super squishy, etc etc etc.

That said, any toon is useable endgame if star'd geared. Dooku is no dif. Are there better options?of course depending on your synergys and builds. Can/does dooku have a spot at the top? Sure, again in the rite build.

Lets also not forget he was part of a $5 pak so alot of ppl have him an he was a god at low/mid lvl. He most certainly is not the same powerhouse at endgame which is why ppl abandon him in favor of "better toons"

My dooku remains max gear/max lvl because as you speculate, ya never know what can happen with new lvl's/gear/synergies/etc etc etc

Do I advise building one? Prob not
    Do i advise maintaining one? Why not

Great read
  • Options
    I never understood all the Dooku hate... I keep him in my main lineup mostly for his speed and his counters and double attacks have their place. His quick early-round stun has saved my bacon more than a few times when used properly. I think people also underestimate his proc to gain turn meter

I admittedly haven't tried to star him up that diligently, but I should revisit that now that I've got most of my main toons up to Tier VI gear at least now.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is actually the main reason why I still don't like facing him in my arena. I have a Poggle team and I am screwed if anyone gets stunned.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thundergod wrote: »
    This is actually the main reason why I still don't like facing him in my arena. I have a Poggle team and I am screwed if anyone gets stunned.

You will greatly enjoy my Phasma / Dooku / Daka / Asajj / Kylo team. ;) Though at least most of those are fairly slow.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I'll have Dooku at 6 stars most likely tomorrow. He is a liability now, but stunning an opposing cannon in round 1 is extremely helpful. You stun someone who will hit you in your mouth for 5K... that's helpful.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    I'll have Dooku at 6 stars most likely tomorrow. He is a liability now, but stunning an opposing cannon in round 1 is extremely helpful. You stun someone who will hit you in your mouth for 5K... that's helpful.

Bahaha indeed it is! I have really been planning for 70 for around 2 weeks now. Starring up ventress for her buff removal..starring up Poogle and Poe. Gave up on Ackbar. Im working on Anakin. I've been working on Dooku, Rey and FOTP putting around 400 crystals a day in each of there nodes. Hope it all works out at 70. If Im wrong Im going to have some really gimped squads lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Your thread has inspired me to continue with my assist/stun/slow/counter team. I will have Phasma at 7* on Monday, Kylo at 7* around the same time, Asajj at 6*, Daka at 6* and Dooku at 5*. Dooku takes forever and I didn't start buying refreshes on him early enough but this should still be fun to play. (I have a lot of crystals now since I finally bought some but I just can't bring myself to spend 200 crystals for 6 more tries just to get 1 shard...)
    I doubt this is top 10 material, but I bet it causes some phones thrown against the wall on defense at least. ;) I want to get all 5 enemies stunned at once and then screenshot it. :) I've actually done this in PvE already.
  • Options
    I have dooku at 6* the rest of my team is 7*
    And he was more then competitive at 5*
    This character is elite and so unbelievably valuable
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Your thread has inspired me to continue with my assist/stun/slow/counter team. I will have Phasma at 7* on Monday, Kylo at 7* around the same time, Asajj at 6*, Daka at 6* and Dooku at 5*. Dooku takes forever and I didn't start buying refreshes on him early enough but this should still be fun to play. (I have a lot of crystals now since I finally bought some but I just can't bring myself to spend 200 crystals for 6 more tries just to get 1 shard...)
    I doubt this is top 10 material, but I bet it causes some phones thrown against the wall on defense at least. ;) I want to get all 5 enemies stunned at once and then screenshot it. :) I've actually done this in PvE already.

Thats a top 10 team. Good design.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    I have dooku at 6* the rest of my team is 7*
    And he was more then competitive at 5*
    This character is elite and so unbelievably valuable

Agreed!!
  • Options
    I honestly still find Dooku the most damaging character in GW, as well as arenas because of the possible initial stun and or double stun. Plus playing around him sucks. aoes just feed him more attacks via counters and turn meter gain.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

Thats a top 10 team. Good design.

Thanks, but I fear it is a bit too squishy. Three of the characters are fairly easily taken down and there's only one limited heal. We'll see.
    The good thing is that facing this team.. where do you start? Probably Daka, but in the meantime the other guys will be driving you nuts.
    I may have to compromise and leave out one of them in favor of Lumi. Her heal can be a game-changer especially if Sid gets nuked early.
    It will take a long time to assess because stuns are so unreliable.
    I also think somehow Fives needs to get on this team. Most likely spot would be Asajj's, but boy, if they fix her dispel it is a real life saver when it works.
  • Options
    Dooku is an amazing char, his pure speed makes him my most valuable member of the arena roster. Stun chance against Jedi at %90 is just crazy. I have him at 6* now, farming to make him a full 7 one. He's just one of the best. If he's underrated in these forums, it's because people can't increase his star level, period. Good stuff Whipit.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    Thundergod wrote: »

You will greatly enjoy my Phasma / Dooku / Daka / Asajj / Kylo team. ;) Though at least most of those are fairly slow.

im working on a similar team but sub out daka with either Sid or Lumi, maybe fives but i dont have him yet.

im farming both of dookus hard nodes without using refreshes, i can count on averaging about 2/day
  • Options
    I use Dooku in a 6/7* team and he holds his own. I'll have him at 5* tonight so that should help his survivability some. As it stands he can die in 2-3 hits if he is focused.

His stun is far from totally reliable at level 60 and max gear. Maybe this will change as his stars go up. In arena, I try to stun Luminara at the start and its resisted/dodged about as much as it sticks. I figured this as a product of a 4* trying to stun a 7*

I still like his style though.
  • Options
    The two toons I've been farming on hard nodes are Dooku and Lobot, it's a heck of a hard slog for both, you're really lucky if you go 1/3 and many days I get 0/6.

Still only at 9/65 to 5*, disheartening when I look at how far to go to 7* but I'm committed to getting there....eventually.

Lobot is a bit farther along at 29/65 to 5*, he's going to lead my droid speed-killer team.
    I anticipate his ally debuff cleanse will also come into play more in the new meta following the next update and cap moving to 70. Time will tell if I've wasted my resources on a fool's errand. I'm Already seeing some interesting glimmers while tooling around with them in cantina battles at mid 40s levels. Just have other priorities at level 60 so the droids and Lobot are coming along slowly.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Tried stunning Poe in Arena a few times and it happened 0% of the time. Maybe better to try a DPS and deal with the taunt.
  • Options
    The Count I farm also, close to 5* also, have him fully geared. He is an intrical part in my GW success. Once my main squad kills the speedsters off I bring him in on my speed squad and snipe.
  • Options
    Hahaha Revenge of Count Dooku!

I've also bought into this long term project though I get 1/shard a day on average.
    Guys/Game please reward me for not dumping Dooku :smile:
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I am going to finish farming Anakin and then going back to Dooku. Dooku is just a pain in the "rear", and is such a game changer (like you point out). I do hate that he is so hard to farm, but so is anakin so I can do it :) (just spending all my hard earned cash on it).

Lord Yugu in my clan has a 7* dooku if you want to see the numbers.

Clan??
  • Options
    I've been thinking this as well. I typically get somewhere in the 1-3 range for each PVP for the last month or so depending on how the snipees and snipers do.

Right now I'm running at max gear:
    6* Phasma (L)
    6* Kylo
    7* Sid
    7* Lum
    5* Dooku

I'm sure my defending is weak but its enough to keep me going. Previously, I've been anxious to get rid of Sid & Dooku because I found them underwhelming but I just don't have a good change yet. But Dooku I think will stay in the lineup longer than Sid even with a 2* deficit for a long time.

I have 4* Leia and 4* FOTP but they are super slow to level up and feel like a liability. I've been working on Han and FOO for a turn meter team moving out Sid & Dooku or Lum, but they are a couple of months out to get to 6* even with all the refreshes I am doing to max Kylo and max arena points each day.

I may consider something like:
    Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    Dooku
    Han
    FOO or Lum (depending if I can get away from the healers).

Or maybe a FO team:
    Phasma (L)
    Kylo
    FOO
    Dooku
    Leia or Lum

I'm looking forward to seeing what new combinations come out at 70.

• Diego
    23 posts Member
    Options
    I mistakenly didn't buy the dark side bundle early on and just started getting serious about farming him a few weeks ago.

With a lot of teams still running JC and Lumi you can usually lock down one or sometimes both with lucky a counterattack stun which can make the rest of the match pretty easy.

I am at 4* and just got him from a bronzium pack so I got a nice 25 shard boost towards 5*. 2 shards a day average is a fair assessment of my luck, with a 0-4 shard range per day
  • Options
    Still main Dooku even though he is light on health, knock out Lumi out then dissect the rest. Can't wait till he is at 70
  • Options
    I really like him, but is killer to farm. The last three days in have gotten 1 shard. That is with me trying the light and dark side nodes. I would refresh the nodes if I thought that ratio would change , but that's expensive for an extra 1 shard. I'd love to pull his shards from bronzium. All I ever get from there is the same 2 pieces of gear. :wink:
  • Options
    Dooku is still top tier and will remain so for the foreseeable future. What sucks is that players starting now do not get him as the starter pack character. This places them behind the meta curve pretty significantly. He's a great option for multi-stunning in the quick round and being a strong response to AoE attacks.
  • Options