Has anyone failed at a heroic raid yet?

Prev1
Let me clarify...has anyone who beats T6 respectably in 1 refresh failed to complete a heroic raid? We did 2 T6 in the beginning before we realized that Heroic raids were a joke. Our guild is well coordinated, so I don't really know what to expect from a lesser qualified guild. I want to be able to encourage guilds to try Heroics, but I legitimately don't know if they're difficult for some people. If you failed, what went wrong?

Replies

• Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If they can clear tier 6 in 1 refresh I urge them to come to tier 7 as they should clear it was ease.
  • Options
    If they can clear tier 6 in 1 refresh I urge them to come to tier 7 as they should clear it was ease.

That's always been my assumption, but I'm curious if there's guilds that get stumped.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure there has, we may never hear of it though.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    My guild is attempting one in a few days. I'll tell you then
  • Options
    My guild is attempting one in a few days. I'll tell you then

Good luck, keep us informed!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    With a plan and every person in the guild playing, 10 7* on average should be more than enough to complete tier 7s as long as those 10 toons are also properly geared. Just to be safe.
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    The 8 man guild I'm in will probably not be attempting a T7 raid.

But we're tempted, even if it's a waste of guild tokens. Just to see what it's all about
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I can imagine if a guild isn't coordinated and has too many members using their best squads in phases 1-3 for max damage it can happen. There would be a lot of excess damage done in those phases which has no impact in finishing the raid.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OP @Kopfschuss several have failed miserably. Creates a lot of rancor in the squad. There is a long list of why they did it and reasons they failed. I can elaborate if you request...

They offer reply late to threads that have "raid merc" in the title hoping for assistance. Many have contacted me.

They can fail 40 pct into phase 3 all the way to 9% left in phase four.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure plenty have failed, you just don't hear about them. Our guild is juuuust about ready to test the heroic waters. I wouldn't be surprised at either result for us.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I'm sure plenty have failed, you just don't hear about them. Our guild is juuuust about ready to test the heroic waters. I wouldn't be surprised at either result for us.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    OP @Kopfschuss several have failed miserably. Creates a lot of rancor in the squad. There is a long list of why they did it and reasons they failed. I can elaborate if you request...

They offer reply late to threads that have "raid merc" in the title hoping for assistance. Many have contacted me.

They can fail 40 pct into phase 3 all the way to 9% left in phase four.

That's pretty much what I needed to know. Did the guilds fail because of lack of rosters or communication?
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    We bombed our first heroic attempt. The 1 refresh rule on a t6 is a bad indicator.... You could have tons of 6* toons and very few 7's which was our case.... We clear heroics easily now over damaging each phase by millions
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    We bombed our first heroic attempt. The 1 refresh rule on a t6 is a bad indicator.... You could have tons of 6* toons and very few 7's which was our case.... We clear heroics easily now over damaging each phase by millions

That's what I was worried about the first time we did a heroic. I had over 20 6* at the time, but my 7* roster was much smaller. It worked out for us, but I wasn't sure if it would be a deal breaker for some. Thanks for the feedback.
  • tajiena
    31 posts Member
    Options
    we had to merc our way out of a fail. but we changed up our strategy a little and cleared it with plenty to spare a few days later.
  • Options
    tajiena wrote: »
    we had to merc our way out of a fail. but we changed up our strategy a little and cleared it with plenty to spare a few days later.

Nice work! How close did you get the first time?
  • Options
    In short, yes
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • tajiena
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    tajiena wrote: »

Nice work! How close did you get the first time?

the mercs only did 3 attacks to finish him off. so he only had about 150k-300k life left
  • Options
    My buds started a Heroic Raid two weeks ago and 12 people got 1 point damage. It was fun.

they all got prizes. Good times.
  • Options
    My guild just started out first heroic pit raid and its not looking good. Where are these mercs you all once spoke of that are willing to come try to help?
  • Options
    My guild didnt think that we were ready for heroic about 2 months ago. And then we realized that we had people capable of soloing it. We may have overestimated how much health he has
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Necro
  • Options
    We can clear the normal tank in a few hours. We barely got into p3 of the heroic last time we tried it. Nowhere near ready.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    My guild easily clears t6 tank in one refresh. We tried a heroic and didn't even make it past p2. Mainly because our guild only has 2-3 really strong players that help push the guild through with the t6 but for heroic it just wasn't enough.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    My guild easily clears t6 tank in one refresh. We tried a heroic and didn't even make it past p2. Mainly because our guild only has 2-3 really strong players that help push the guild through with the t6 but for heroic it just wasn't enough.

Same for us
  • Options
    We failed heroic rancor the first time. A lot of players in the guild had built up 25 6 star toons for raids, but a lot also only had their main 5 arena ones at 7 star. Like most, we clear it easily now.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    @Pmarilley025 you really shouldn't respond to threads that are almost a year old. It's called necroing a thread
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My old guild tried it and failed and then a few of the top players left, including me :(

A lot of my old guildies either had a lot of 6* toons they were using and/or only had one squad that could do major damage.

Also, the speeds and damage output in Heroic is a lot higher. The turrets in P2 are really fast and have a lot of health as compared to normal. That's where we ended up stalling out because people were unable to topple the tank.

My guild had a pretty wide range of casual to dedicated players though. Only 10 or so players had the rosters and mods to do any sort of real damage in Heroic.
  • Options
    My guild has tried haat twice niw and failed miserably. We can finish rancor in like 2 seconds but only because of me and about 6 or 7 others who are all close to being able to solo. Haat is a whole different beast. We dont have enough high level/roster members to get close.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    It's not like pit raid where Heroic pit is easier than T6. Heroic ATT is 4x harder than t6. If you can do 1 mil damage with a squad in NATT in any particular phase expect to go 1/4 of that in Heroic.
This discussion has been closed.