Rey needs buff (health vs speed)

Prev134
Goosy
173 posts Member
edited June 2016
Dear Ea,

Can we please look at buffing rey - maybe you reduce her speed a bit but please give her reasonable health.

I am forced to protect her with RG but it's too easy to kill her. As soon as her protection is off/ her health is on 75% any decent assist caller like QGJ kills her in that turn without RG activating his taunt.

Alternativley can we get RG to intercept the called assist?

I spent months farming rey and invested quite some money on top of this and she basically dies way too fast.

Thanks
Goosey

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Lmao
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Lmao

?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Sad and true OP, I agree.
  • I agree with you goosy, but unfortunately nearly everyone one the forums thinks she needs to be nerfed into oblivion, so they take this as a joke
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    So you want the by far highest damage dealer to have more health?
    Makes sense. Lol
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Goosy wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Lmao

?

I just find it funny when I can look main page of forum and see buff Rey, nerf Rey, should we buff/nerf Rey.

Let me say I am against nerfing any character. As much as I hate the dodge meta I disagree with changing the leader abilities. I also believe buffs should be used sparingly. IMO the issue with Rey is not Rey but Dodge. Rey might as well be Bariss with way less health for as much as she misses with the dodge ball game. I refuse to use the evasion lead and opponents Rey wipe me out plenty.
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Why don't you try running two tanks because that is the meta and then Rey can't be touched. St Han and RG seems to work
  • Troll post
  • Plz no, if they nerf evasion and she needs help, then by all means, do it
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Uriakatos
    176 posts Member
    Troll post
    Agreed. Lol.
    Ridiculous.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Why don't you try running two tanks because that is the meta and then Rey can't be touched. St Han and RG seems to work

I am planning to once i got han to gear X
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Lol.
  • Like. Wha-a.. what. You've got to be kidding.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Guys i am not even asking for a straight buff - nerf her speed a bit :x
  • Slayer
    46 posts Member
    You just don't know how to use her effectively to keep her alive with the right team.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    I agree with the OP, sometimes even 3 tanks cannot save her
  • Why not give her an AoE, a strong self heal ability and a self resurrect ability also....lol
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    OP: "Maybe if I post a 'buff Rey' thread, the devs will think she doesn't need a nerf! hehehe I'm so sneaky."
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Black-Guy-Shocked-Face-Meme-19.gif
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Yes please! My Rey survivality is not even guaranteed! Hive her a little more health!
    Or nerf QGJ/Leia/GS instead
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    She doesn't survive in defense she is the first one to get killed, but in offense when you control her, she does a pretty good job at that. Still in GW i rarely use her and RG, because especially RG, lasts only one fight usually. After the fortitude is gone, Rey is on her way out too. Plus i can control who comes to assist with GS. So unless the AI focuses Rey specifically, (which can happen), she needs no buff to her hp. That's why she is balanced...heavy hitter high speed but small hp. Probably the best offensive character in the game, for defense, i truly don't believe so.
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    She doesn't survive in defense she is the first one to get killed, but in offense when you control her, she does a pretty good job at that. Still in GW i rarely use her and RG, because especially RG, lasts only one fight usually. After the fortitude is gone, Rey is on her way out too. Plus i can control who comes to assist with GS. So unless the AI focuses Rey specifically, (which can happen), she needs no buff to her hp. That's why she is balanced...heavy hitter high speed but small hp. Probably the best offensive character in the game, for defense, i truly don't believe so.

Killing Rey first isn't necessarily the correct play, depending on your team. I often kill her second to last.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »

Killing Rey first isn't necessarily the correct play, depending on your team. I often kill her second to last.

Haha. I guess if you debuff her, she isn't much of an issue, but so far killing her first works for me. ;)
  • She gains foresight, which is a free dodge. That counts for a lot. If it isn't enough, then use a fast taunter so she can't get killed too early.
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    She's kinda a glass cannon (tho not quite glassy enough for that really). Without her speed. she'd go later in the order and risk getting debuffed or taunted making her huge DPS pointless.

She fills a certain role very well (some may say too well but that's a different argument). If you're trying to use her in a different kind of role other than glass cannon, you're going to fall short. Sounds like what you really want is a slower, tankier character with some decent damage - try QGJ; he's not got as much DPS but much more HP and a heck of a lot more utility.
  • This is what MY Rey does to fools...

WlYfhH2.gif
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    She is next on their list for buffs
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    She's kinda a glass cannon (tho not quite glassy enough for that really). Without her speed. she'd go later in the order and risk getting debuffed or taunted making her huge DPS pointless.

You mean going later in order like every other attacker does?
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »
    She is next on their list for buffs

I hope so I worked ages to het her! I feel cheated :(
  • Sikho wrote: »
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

You mean going later in order like every other attacker does?

Every other attacker except for other glass cannons...