Sick of fighting same 10 people.

The title says it all and I'm not sure there are any better options. I end every day at #1. I fight the same 4 people for the position. Just seems a bit limited at this point.

Replies

• Wish I had your problem. I rank just inside of 1000.
    It's always lonely at the top, isn't it...
  • why are you complaining the same 4 people at end the day at rank 1, if you faced the same 4 people at rank 100 and cudnt get past them then you have a problem.
  • why are you complaining the same 4 people at end the day at rank 1, if you faced the same 4 people at rank 100 and cudnt get past them then you have a problem.

Because I feel like the PVP in this game is a little boring. Like I said, I don't really have any suggestions for a better system. I just feel a little underwhelmed by the whole ladder thing.
  • i face the same people from 1-50 all the time but im f2p and any position above 20 i can get i'm very happy because it pays for my energy refills, When everyone in the top 50 is unbeatble i'd be more upset than if im ranking well lol. Yes pvp is kinda boring but hopefully with time they will add more content pvp based so we have more stuff to do
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    The content is there, it's just they designed it so there is no incentive to go for it early. If every hero in the game was as easily accessible there would be a huge variety of lineups.
  • Phyneas
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That's how I used to feel on my "newish" server until everybody caught up to LVL 60. Now it's a complete crap show and I drop from 1 to 40ish everyday. My time slot also filled up with more people so the sniping is also more intense.

Now I have to spend gems to climb since so many people are running up the ladder. And then I need more gems for instance refreshes to lock out the snipers.

I'm not sure that this is anymore "fun" or "exciting." I really just wanna hit a couple of people, collect my 500 crystals in peace, and move on to collecting characters.

Enjoy the free crystals the easy way while it lasts.
  • i face the same people from 1-50 all the time but im f2p and any position above 20 i can get i'm very happy because it pays for my energy refills, When everyone in the top 50 is unbeatble i'd be more upset than if im ranking well lol. Yes pvp is kinda boring but hopefully with time they will add more content pvp based so we have more stuff to do

I have all free characters. I face people who have spent thousands but unless the rng monster slaps me in the face and I get 1-shotted, it doesn't matter. Seems like any maxxed character team with a few healers can beat any other maxxed character team.
  • Phyneas wrote: »
    That's how I used to feel on my "newish" server until everybody caught up to LVL 60. Now it's a complete crap show and I drop from 1 to 40ish everyday. My time slot also filled up with more people so the sniping is also more intense.

Now I have to spend gems to climb since so many people are running up the ladder. And then I need more gems for instance refreshes to lock out the snipers.

I'm not sure that this is anymore "fun" or "exciting." I really just wanna hit a couple of people, collect my 500 crystals in peace, and move on to collecting characters.

Yeah every day I see more new faces in the top 10, but even if it's harder, I feel like sniping 1 will just be a chore. It's not really "fun".
  • Are you guys seriously complaining? I'm on one of the earliest servers and I can crack into the top 800 then get knocked back to 1500 by the time i can fight again
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Phyneas wrote: »

Yeah every day I see more new faces in the top 10, but even if it's harder, I feel like sniping 1 will just be a chore. It's not really "fun".

A 5min game of chicken to a short pve game with terrible ai not fun? blasphemy...squad arena is all! squad arena is life!

but yeah...just enjoy free rewards till more people with an interest get up there or hope they merge some of the less active servers together...although the game is just released really and new servers being made even now so it is prob not high on their list of things to do.

But even then...you will still be doing the same thing...which is not exactly entertaining.
  • drklrdbill wrote: »
    Are you guys seriously complaining? I'm on one of the earliest servers and I can crack into the top 800 then get knocked back to 1500 by the time i can fight again

I'm obviously not complaining about my rank. I'm complaining about the system itself. It's obviously just a pay2win scheme because when everyone has 2200-2400 power level teams, any of them can be #1. But even then, let's assume I can go from 100 to 1 in almost exactly 30 minutes by attacking back to back. It's still not exactly fun or compelling. It's just a chore.

So regardless of my position on the ladder, I'm just saying possibly there's an alternative?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Arena isn't PVP. The game doesn't have PVP or much content but hopefully that will change soon.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Arena isn't PVP. The game doesn't have PVP or much content but hopefully that will change soon.

Well, with the money they're making, I'm fairly confident we'll get some improvements.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    drklrdbill wrote: »
    Are you guys seriously complaining? I'm on one of the earliest servers and I can crack into the top 800 then get knocked back to 1500 by the time i can fight again

When did you start playing ?
  • There's a solution to that, drop rank :blush: there's thousands to fight haha
  • A few of the top people on my server seem to have stopped playing or something because they've all but disappeared in the top ranks. All I see now are people all around my level (they used to all be 10lvls over me) that I leveled up with. We don't even snipe each other much anymore. It's gotten kinda more relaxed, tbh. LOL
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    But even then, let's assume I can go from 100 to 1 in almost exactly 30 minutes by attacking back to back. It's still not exactly fun or compelling. It's just a chore.

So regardless of my position on the ladder, I'm just saying possibly there's an alternative?

Leap-frogging from 100 to 1 in 30 minutes sounds like fun. Would you rather go up one by one? That's a chore!

Alternatives could (could!) be:
    Everyone ends at the SAME time. Of course, battles would be clogged up and snipes with last second wins would be happening for all ranks. That in itself is not promising and would upset tons more people. And Same time around the world would also be problematic and controversial. But some games have this and previous Capital Games PvP events use this structure.

Another alternative is instead of switching ranks, you gain points for each win. More wins= more points= higher position (rank). Of course, this can be fun, but it can also be a chore as you need to play for hours at end and refresh as much as you can to accumulate points. Again, other games install this type of PvP structure.

Another alternative is instead of choosing your opponents, you are Assigned an opponent. Win or lose, you must fight that opponent. Again, this can be a "chore" and more people could be upset at this structure as it closes the door for choosing an opponent you feel you can beat based on the small hints you can see (power rating, leader). Again, some games install this type of PvP structure.

I've played games that utilized one of those for competitive PvP. Each has their pros and cons, and each has their share of complaints and voices that they're "boring". I like this structure for Galaxy of Heroes. It fits well with the 5 fights allowance per day (without paying for refills), and especially if you are within the top 30 ranks.
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    why are you complaining the same 4 people at end the day at rank 1, if you faced the same 4 people at rank 100 and cudnt get past them then you have a problem.

Because I feel like the PVP in this game is a little boring. Like I said, I don't really have any suggestions for a better system. I just feel a little underwhelmed by the whole ladder thing.

Oh ffs, its been out less than a month and youre complaing about it? Why not wait for wheneverything is unlocked before dropping judgement. Its technically in beta with allies, ships, chapters, and levels still locked up.

Take some zenify before passing judgement.
  • The current set up is great, it doesn't require ridiculous hours of play or cash to end in the number one spot unlike other games with similar "pvp"