Should I continue to farm Rey?

Prev1
So I'm new and didn't realize how difficult it is to earn shards for certain characters. Currently I have 45 Rey shards, but didn't realize I was only getting a 4* Rey. Is it worth my time to continue my pursuit of her? Or am I wasting my time.

Replies

• I'd make sure you have solid LS and DS teams that you can ride for a while built first, which is easier to do. But once you have that she seems worth it. I just started farming her.

Of course, you're already halfway there...
  • duffmc81 wrote: »
    I'd make sure you have solid LS and DS teams that you can ride for a while built first, which is easier to do. But once you have that she seems worth it. I just started farming her.

Of course, you're already halfway there...

I guess I'm asking if it will be too hard to get her to 6 or 7 star
  • It will take a while... since 6* is 85 shards and 7* is 100 shards... but it's not impossible.

That said, the few times I've faced Rey in Arena, she seems like a beast... she one-shots characters if she crits. Not sure what level the one I faced was when that happened, but she crit for over 5k and I'm in the mid-L50 bracket.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • I have her at 4* lvl 60 fully geared and she can one shot 7* Sid if she crits.. Among others
  • She'll be worthwhile to keep farming. If the level 70 cap plays out how I think, then character* is going to mean more than it does now, although still less than gear.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Keep farming! It's a game of attrition. Start out weak now but in a few months all the people with nothing but easily farmed characters will get rolled by the hard ro farm characters that complete a synergy. Wait till you start seeing Anakin in actual play you will see what I mean.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    By the time you get her to a competitive level, there will be 20 new characters in the game, some of which are easier to get. So keep that in mind.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I believe Rey is possibly the best character in game right now, I don't have her and have only faced her twice, but she was always first to go and hits extreamly hard.
  • Is this the unstoppable character ? Every attacks plus 4K damage . Is the only way to get this game "flaw" to buy packs?

Haven't faced her much but wipes out an entire lvl58 team - she's lvl60 and group attacked for 7,800
  • Is this the unstoppable character ? Every attacks plus 4K damage . Is the only way to get this game "flaw" to buy packs?

Haven't faced her much but wipes out an entire lvl58 team - she's lvl60 and group attacked for 7,800

Rey doesnt have an AOE attack :s
  • She is the first to kill when I face a team with her
  • Here we go again lol. She is good. But with her difficult farming locations, she is worthy of a top tier title. She has 3 nodes, so it's not the worst thing ever. I finally got her at 4* and it took about a month and a half using 2 nodes a day (I'm not quite able to complete the DS missions for her 3rd node).

Just look at her locations and grind out those missions :)
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    Here we go again lol. She is good. But with her difficult farming locations, she is worthy of a top tier title. She has 3 nodes, so it's not the worst thing ever. I finally got her at 4* and it took about a month and a half using 2 nodes a day (I'm not quite able to complete the DS missions for her 3rd node).

I wouldn't mind having her but as you said not enough shard places and I have others that I can get to 7 star quicker

How is she at 4*? What gear level and level?
  • Was a 4 star and wasnt hitting anAOE but was paired with Phasma - Rey was firing for all of the bonus attacks - which was unstoppable

Round went like this - Duku attacks - opponents Unduli (dodges lightening) Rey attacks kills Vader (7k hit) Phasma attacks Jedi counselor - Rey bonus attack kills Jedi - Opponent still attacking - sidious does AOE - Kylo attacks AOE - opponent still going - Lumi' hits my Sidious - Rey bonus attacks, Sidiois killed ..
  • Seems like what ever the heck that combo of the team is , setups up an upstopable wall..

It fires off about 4-7 attacks .. Tied retreating and going back in but ever time the same

Can't even get 2 attacks in before being wiped out

Don't care either thsy folks say AOE attacks aren't reset -- used my suicide squad and immediately Kylo and Darth both hit with their AOE 2 rounds back to back
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Is this the unstoppable character ? Every attacks plus 4K damage . Is the only way to get this game "flaw" to buy packs?

Why buy packd? She is farmable.
  • Crookid01 wrote: »
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Here we go again lol. She is good. But with her difficult farming locations, she is worthy of a top tier title. She has 3 nodes, so it's not the worst thing ever. I finally got her at 4* and it took about a month and a half using 2 nodes a day (I'm not quite able to complete the DS missions for her 3rd node).

I wouldn't mind having her but as you said not enough shard places and I have others that I can get to 7 star quicker

How is she at 4*? What gear level and level?

Actually 3 nodes is quite generous for missions. She's lvl 1 gear 1 lol. I doubt she can replace any of my starters, so I'll wait to invest in her.
  • There is some glitch .. 3 squads faced that team .. EACH round Sidious and Kylo start with an AOE ..

Entire squad dies and next squad gets the AOE .. What was a fun game is turning lame as you advance ..

To many single hit kills, poor team logic .. Sometimes in your favor sometimes not ..

Time for a revamp
  • Also .. Probably wasted some mining characters .. Solo is useless and so is Admiral
  • Solo is far from useless and Ackbar is a decent toon too. Just not currently the best in this meta. Han is still a top 20 character imo
  • Just picked her up and I'm wondering if she's worth investing some time on? I've seen other people use her and literally one shot my tanks (literally 8k damage with that flurry) and that seems really good for getting rid of any strong enemy toons
  • Awesome and a half
  • She just one shot my lvl 66 7* gear8 Luke. I would say she's average...
  • She is great in the first round!
  • Remember Poe. Remember his awesomeness. Remember the crybaby whiners. NERF....
    On look it is Rey.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Rey "alone" does not one shot most characters (in the 70-gear8 world of arena) despite the growing whining about it, especially not current FOTP 7* (will change with update I guess), nor Kylo's and Phasma's and Poe's. She'll be able to one shot some high damage units IF she crits and IF she is not debuffed herself (which Poe successfully does with an Expose, or Sid with a dot).

She's vulnerable to AOEs and Assists units: Geo and QGJ and FOTP double attacks can also one shot her in that round. Even 88 dodges her attack too (happens to me more often than I care to say). The trick is hopefully to get an expose from your own Poe and use her attacks on those units in round 2, or use a leader or other unit who buff her appropriately.

That's what I like about Rey. She's a gamble to use. I've had Rey exploded to bits before I could do anything with her, also more often than not. Finn is also key to my team in that regards, not just Rey.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Rey "alone" does not one shot most characters (in the 70-gear8 world of arena) despite the growing whining about it, especially not current FOTP 7* (will change with update I guess), nor Kylo's and Phasma's and Poe's. She'll be able to one shot some high damage units IF she crits and IF she is not debuffed herself (which Poe successfully does with an Expose, or Sid with a dot).

She's vulnerable to AOEs and Assists units: Geo and QGJ and FOTP double attacks can also one shot her in that round. Even 88 dodges her attack too (happens to me more often than I care to say). The trick is hopefully to get an expose from your own Poe and use her attacks on those units in round 2, or use a leader or other unit who buff her appropriately.

That's what I like about Rey. She's a gamble to use. I've had Rey exploded to bits before I could do anything with her, also more often than not. Finn is also key to my team in that regards, not just Rey.

It's all about who wins the flip. Rey isn't much different than FOTP, GS, IG-86 or others when it comes to insane damage. Rey goes first, she kills someone. Let me go first, Rey is dead.
  • @Fantazy Do NOT attack me !
  • She needs to be buffed or at least not debuffed for a possible one shot. I've one shot 7* before and my rey is only 5* but she needs to be buffed for it to happen.