GW difficulty

Teague
939 posts Member
Let me start out by saying, I recently stopped using the retreat option in GW. I could probably finish it every day if I really wanted to spend the time to do so. But endlessly retreating in order to find the correct combination of attacks/characters just isn't fun. So I'm fine with only finishing about 30 - 40% of the time.

However, word is that they use our arena power to determine our GW difficulty. I recently wrote this on another thread, so I will quote myself real quick:

"GW is supposedly made harder determined by our arena power. So it couldn't be more flawed. It really doesn't matter what you do. If anything, picking high tier characters is the best way to go. Did you know a fully maxed out Rey has less "Power" then Mob Enforcer? Power is just a ridiculous method to use to determine GW difficulty, given how inaccurate a representation of a characters strength it is."

So if I have Rey maxed, and you have Mob Enforcer maxed, I'll get the easier GW. That couldn't be less logical.

I really wish they would just make it slightly easier and remove the retreat option. And offer a lot more opponent character variety. GW just isn't a fun game mode the way it's set up currently. But it has tons of potential if they would just tweak it a little.

Replies

• Today is the worst gw I've faced. My node 12 is close to 45k power. My arena power is 33464. Their average health and protection takes each character easily to 50-70k. How am I supposed to win against that? I have 1 g9 character. Like 12 g8. 7 lvl 80s. ****?
  • Remove all your potency mods, maybe will help. Interesting theory though
  • Teague wrote: »
    Let me start out by saying, I recently stopped using the retreat option in GW. I could probably finish it every day if I really wanted to spend the time to do so. But endlessly retreating in order to find the correct combination of attacks/characters just isn't fun. So I'm fine with only finishing about 30 - 40% of the time.

However, word is that they use our arena power to determine our GW difficulty. I recently wrote this on another thread, so I will quote myself real quick:

"GW is supposedly made harder determined by our arena power. So it couldn't be more flawed. It really doesn't matter what you do. If anything, picking high tier characters is the best way to go. Did you know a fully maxed out Rey has less "Power" then Mob Enforcer? Power is just a ridiculous method to use to determine GW difficulty, given how inaccurate a representation of a characters strength it is."

So if I have Rey maxed, and you have Mob Enforcer maxed, I'll get the easier GW. That couldn't be less logical.

I really wish they would just make it slightly easier and remove the retreat option. And offer a lot more opponent character variety. GW just isn't a fun game mode the way it's set up currently. But it has tons of potential if they would just tweak it a little.

GW opponents are not determined based on your arena power but on the total power of your 5 highest power toons. Discussed and proven several times on this forum by now so this is considered to be the correct answer.

Anyhow, power is not really reflecting the usefulness (the "power") of a toon in battle. It's too much considering health/defense (just look at the low power of the driods), entirely ignoring abilities (and their level), and heavily unerrating the real important stats like speed. This should be revised of course.