37 posts Member
He just has to be included, dosent have to be leader

Replies

• Options
    I haven't seen any decent GG teams yet.
  • Halig
    92 posts Member
    Options
    How does he do in a Hk lead droid team with JE? anyone done any research?
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, I think (funny enough) it's still too early. More and more owners by the day though, I'm sure he'll turn up on a good team eventually.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I run HK(l), gg, Je, 88, b2. All gear 9 or 10, all level 80. All 7* except Je (6*) and gg (5*). GG is like 88 but hits harder, more HP and protection even at 5*, better abilities with the uncounterable basic and sinister laugh (their Aoes are comparable). Also so much fun to run, great animation and sounds. With je's recalibrate and HK lead both on omega, I attack 8 times before the opponent goes once. Their Rey is dead before she can go, and their RG/Sth can't taunt cause of b2.

I get top 5 on a November launch server where every team in the top 20 is 37,000 power and above, generally fall to around 15-20 on defense, around 10-12 when I put in my RG for defense.

I'm mostly f2p (splurged for b2), so gg has taken a very long time to farm, but totally worth it. Now that my toons are geared up minus raid gear, I spend all my energy, normal as well as cantina, farming shards for my already 7* toons so it all goes to the shard shop for gg. Should have him 6* in two weeks.

And what is cooler than a droid with a smoker's cough?
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    HK lead on omega, I attack 8 times before the opponent goes once.

First time I've seen it mentioned so I need to ask, is HK's leader ability a drastic difference when omega'd? I know some are hit and miss, but you seem to be sold. Yes?
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    HK lead on omega, I attack 8 times before the opponent goes once.

First time I've seen it mentioned so I need to ask, is HK's leader ability a drastic difference when omega'd? I know some are hit and miss, but you seem to be sold. Yes?

Yes, it goes from 30% turn meter boost on a crit to 50%. The way it works is as follows:
    1. JE goes first, hits recalibrate, which gives all droids critical chance up and +45% turn meter. With 4 droid allies, Je has 193 speed and always goes first, even before Yoda with qgj lead, the one exception being the new Han Solo, who I have not yet seen in action.
    2. All the droids go next with their AoE attacks. Since critical chance is up, combined with HK lead's +30% critical chance to start, you are pretty much guaranteed that each AoE will crit on at least 2/5.
    3. This is where HK omega lead comes into play: an AoE that gets two crits gives the droid +100% turn meter, which means he automatically goes again. Non-omegaed, it's only +60% on two crits and you need to get lucky and hit 4/5 crits to go again immediately.

So with HK omega lead, all of the following happens before the opponent gets a single attack: Je recalibrate, 88 AoE, gg AoE, b2 AoE, HK AoE, 88 basic, gg laugh, b2 basic, HK basic. And by this time the opponent has virtually no chance. Without HK lead omega, you only get 4 attacks before the opponent goes, not 8.

Hope this makes sense...
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    opu120
    Can you tell me what happens with your team if you replace 88 with 86?
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options

So with HK omega lead, all of the following happens before the opponent gets a single attack: Je recalibrate, 88 AoE, gg AoE, b2 AoE, HK AoE, 88 basic, gg laugh, b2 basic, HK basic. And by this time the opponent has virtually no chance. Without HK lead omega, you only get 4 attacks before the opponent goes, not 8.

Hope this makes sense...

Makes perfect sense, and sounds like a symphony. Off I go to start juicing my HK...and unlocking JE. *tips hat*

• opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    dbraba01 wrote: »
    opu120
    Can you tell me what happens with your team if you replace 88 with 86?

Good luck, @K_G0sling
    86 is a single target attacker, and a great one at that, and less squishy than 88. The advantage of replacing 88 with 86 is the chance to use his assist on the first turn and do 25k damage to a single toon (both droids get +75% damage). If you really want to immediately knock out a big threat like, say, a gear 10 Rey, then 86 is your man. The disadvantage is that with HK omega lead 88 goes twice on the first turn since he has an AoE, while 86 does not. 88 does more damage overall, and ability blocks, but he's not as focused on one toon as 86. Either way you're in good shape. 88 is also more squishy than 86 so slightly greater liability on defense.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Ok good to know. I only have 86 but 7* g11. I have been working on GG, he's 6* now. I have enough shards for 7* 88 and HK. I am working on JE and debating on finishing B2. JE won't be ready for awhile.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Halig
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your info opu, its really useful.

I would like the idea of using 86 over 88.

So the question is, is GG better than 88 for the role that they both provide? ie aoe providing debuffs, then single target damage.

would I see much of a benefit if I were to use GG over 88?

thanks again for your input! :)
  • Options
    I think I saw a GG get 10k cries before in a video, but the only one I actually fought was underleveled and gear so he died extremely quickly
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    I think I saw a GG get 10k cries before in a video, but the only one I actually fought was underleveled and gear so he died extremely quickly

@Batman44gaming True, GG is generally the first to die, but that's the beauty of JE revive! Don't forget GG gets +10% HP for every droid ally so my 5* gear 9 GG actually has more combined HP/protection than my 7* gear 10 IG-88.

@Halig In terms of abilities, I'd compare them as follows:

1. Basic: GG hits harder and can't be countered or evaded. His basic crits for 10k regularly; 17k when 86 calls him for an assist. Advantage GG.
    2. AoE: they hit around the same strength, but GG inflicts healing immunity while 88 inflicts ability block (and/or defense down on omega). Given the lack of healers in top-10 arena, advantage 88.
    3. Special #2: sinister laugh is a great weapon, especially on jedi. I don't know how health down works, but subsequent attacks easily hit for ~20% more so it's doing something similar to offense up. And GG's potency on the TM reduction is solid. Big advantage GG.
    4. Unique: with HK and B2 inflicting all sorts of negative statuses, 88's unique is great. GG's autotaunt unique is sometimes great, sometimes terrible. If B2 or HK taunt, it's great. If JE or 88 taunt, it sucks. Advantage 88.

Overall, I'd give the slight advantage to GG over 88, but honestly, the real reason why I run him is because he's fun to play. I'm the only one in the top 100 of my shard who runs GG, and I really enjoy his animation and sound effects. And hey, if he makes me smile more, isn't that why we play the game in the first place?
  • Options

@Batman44gaming True, GG is generally the first to die, but that's the beauty of JE revive! Don't forget GG gets +10% HP for every droid ally so my 5* gear 9 GG actually has more combined HP/protection than my 7* gear 10 IG-88.

1. Basic: GG hits harder and can't be countered or evaded. His basic crits for 10k regularly; 17k when 86 calls him for an assist. Advantage GG.
    2. AoE: they hit around the same strength, but GG inflicts healing immunity while 88 inflicts ability block (and/or defense down on omega). Given the lack of healers in top-10 arena, advantage 88.
    3. Special #2: sinister laugh is a great weapon, especially on jedi. I don't know how health down works, but subsequent attacks easily hit for ~20% more so it's doing something similar to offense up. And GG's potency on the TM reduction is solid. Big advantage GG.
    4. Unique: with HK and B2 inflicting all sorts of negative statuses, 88's unique is great. GG's autotaunt unique is sometimes great, sometimes terrible. If B2 or HK taunt, it's great. If JE or 88 taunt, it sucks. Advantage 88.

Overall, I'd give the slight advantage to GG over 88, but honestly, the real reason why I run him is because he's fun to play. I'm the only one in the top 100 of my shard who runs GG, and I really enjoy his animation and sound effects. And hey, if he makes me smile more, isn't that why we play the game in the first place?

I think we are on the same shard, is SYN deadhead Andy in your top 10?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options

Nope don't see him :( Too bad, would be fun to run into someone from my shard.
  • Options

Nope don't see him :( Too bad, would be fun to run into someone from my shard.

Yeah... I actually saw someone with your squad on my shard so I was just wondering
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Radwin
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Hi opu120. I believe were in the same server ;-)
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Radwin wrote: »
    Hi opu120. I believe were in the same server ;-)

Yes! Great to meet you. You have an awesome squad, haven't beat you yet!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    xfPu9dm.jpg

I dunno, ask him...
    {RotE}
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    xfPu9dm.jpg

I dunno, ask him...

What team are you running that you got #1, @LaLiam?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    xfPu9dm.jpg

I dunno, ask him...

What team are you running that you got #1, @LaLiam?

Guild mates, but Ben(L),B2,rg,Rey,Qg.
    {RotE}
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    This was from GW a couple days ago, GG's basic had omega's
    eKbTmDC.jpg

This was my rebel squad after I took one attack and hid Leia... I retreated this one and then wound up expending 3 squads to defeat this team.
    YvoXgHG.jpg

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    eKbTmDC.jpg

This was my rebel squad after I took one attack and hid Leia... I retreated this one and then wound up expending 3 squads to defeat this team.
    YvoXgHG.jpg

@gobears21
    Clones may not burst that high... but Rex/5s/Echo/Leia/Phasma is JUST as bad. They all have just HUGE hp, leia just hides, and the synergies just make clones go off the rails.

I am working on JE, but it will probably be a cold day in hell before I get GG. The extra shard farming i'd need to do is insane.
  • Halig
    92 posts Member
    Options

Thanks very much for breaking it down like this! really great when people take the time to help answer questions properly! wish I had knowledge to share! haha! thanks again :smiley:

GG was my favourite when I was younger, so the pull to farm him is strong!

thanks for sharing gobears21. I hadn't really considered both 88 and GG on the same team over 100 or B2.

will be a long farm! lol
  • Options
    I run HK(l), gg, Je, 88, b2. All gear 9 or 10, all level 80. All 7* except Je (6*) and gg (5*). GG is like 88 but hits harder, more HP and protection even at 5*, better abilities with the uncounterable basic and sinister laugh (their Aoes are comparable). Also so much fun to run, great animation and sounds. With je's recalibrate and HK lead both on omega, I attack 8 times before the opponent goes once. Their Rey is dead before she can go, and their RG/Sth can't taunt cause of b2.

I get top 5 on a November launch server where every team in the top 20 is 37,000 power and above, generally fall to around 15-20 on defense, around 10-12 when I put in my RG for defense.

I'm mostly f2p (splurged for b2), so gg has taken a very long time to farm, but totally worth it. Now that my toons are geared up minus raid gear, I spend all my energy, normal as well as cantina, farming shards for my already 7* toons so it all goes to the shard shop for gg. Should have him 6* in two weeks.

88 over 86?????? That's sacrilege.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options

88 over 86?????? That's sacrilege.

haha to each his own...I prefer 88 to 86 cause he goes twice on the opening barrage whereas 86 goes once, but 86 is great too.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    gobears21 wrote: »
    eKbTmDC.jpg

YvoXgHG.jpg

@gobears21
    Clones may not burst that high... but Rex/5s/Echo/Leia/Phasma is JUST as bad. They all have just HUGE hp, leia just hides, and the synergies just make clones go off the rails.

I am working on JE, but it will probably be a cold day in **** before I get GG. The extra shard farming i'd need to do is insane.

I run Rex / Fives and I have Echo but he's not geared yet... I also have Leia and a nice CP... I can't imagine that combination ever doing that kind of damage to a squad. This isn't a wimpy level 70 non-geared team they took out there, besides Ackbar they were all level 80 g9 minimum including my tank!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @gobears21
    The thing with clones is their synergy and high hp over the course of a battle. They don't burst, but fighting that team is just a long path to losing.

Droids front-load all their damage. If you survive it and can recover, droids are pretty much done.

Clones? Clones can keep going for days. Someone posted a video on here of a g10 clone team and it was pretty nice to watch.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @gobears21
    The thing with clones is their synergy and high hp over the course of a battle. They don't burst, but fighting that team is just a long path to losing.

Droids front-load all their damage. If you survive it and can recover, droids are pretty much done.

Clones? Clones can keep going for days. Someone posted a video on here of a g10 clone team and it was pretty nice to watch.

If you can find it I would love to see it but I can't imagine any clone team taking out 3 of my squads including my Rebel squad.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead is also kryptonite for droids with its 15% TM gain on every crit. So if 88 does his AoE and crits 3 times, every clone gets +45% turn meter. It shuts off the opening barrage halfway through, so you don't even have the big front load damage. Killer.