First Order Tie Pilot?

What do people think if the First Order Tie Pilot.

Replies

• Options
    He is amazing once you get him to at least a 3*, but as a 1* he is very squishy. He's pretty good all in all, multi attack that is better then doors and once he gets advantage he can basically 1 shot most other characters (my 2* could take out a 3* dooku gear 4/5 with 1 attack)
  • Options
    This is going to sound dumb but..how do you give him advantage? I haven't seen anyone capable of giving that boon to others so far..
  • Options
    I don't know exactly how he gets advantage but he somehow self buffs all the time when it's not his turn when other members deal or take damage. I think there is a tooltip missing somewhere.

As long as he doesn't go first he usually has advantage. He does a boatload of damage for my team at only 1star. Super excited that this months log-in rewards are shards for him.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Bear in mind that if you log in every day this month you get 30 shards for this character.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    That will make him 3* correct? If you collect all 30 tokens that is.

• Options
    He is nice when i use boba or ig88 as his team leader.
  • Options
    Sirjam wrote: »
    What do people think if the First Order Tie Pilot.

I think he's one of my favorite guys on my squad. Hands down double tap, penetration and snipe is legit. Sometimes I trade him up for my fully loaded 3* t5 gear jawa's and he's only 1* t2. He's def a top tier pick in my eyes but I don't have a full leader group either.

• Options
    Niminion wrote: »
    I don't know exactly how he gets advantage but he somehow self buffs all the time when it's not his turn when other members deal or take damage. I think there is a tooltip missing somewhere.

As long as he doesn't go first he usually has advantage. He does a boatload of damage for my team at only 1star. Super excited that this months log-in rewards are shards for him.
    He gets the advantage when someone in your team crits on someone
  • Options
    Sirjam wrote: »
    That will make him 3* correct? If you collect all 30 tokens that is.

Don't think so. Level 1 to 2 is 15. I believe 2-3 is 25. That means you need 40 to hit level 3. If someone knows better, please correct me.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    He gets the advantage when someone in your team crits on someone

I ended up figuring it out for myself, but how can we get an overview of these seemingly hidden effects? I'm pretty sure there is nothing that states that when someone crits he gets advantage on his skills..
  • Options
    Looove him!!! <3
  • TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    He unlocks with 10 shards at 1*, then need 15 to get 2*, 25 more for 3*, 30 more for 4*, 65 more for 5*... So 30 shards would give you 2* with 5 extras towards 3* status. Beyond that I'm not sure... Heard good things about this guy though.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    Pair him with princess with Boba as lead and he crits around 4k at 2*. Thats sick.
  • Options
    I like my tie fighter but where do i get the shards?
  • Options
    From the daily login rewards.
  • DarthMan08
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    isendel11 wrote: »
    This is going to sound dumb but..how do you give him advantage? I haven't seen anyone capable of giving that boon to others so far..

In the TIE Pilot's unique skill, he gains "advantage" whenever an enemy's health drops below 50%. So the pilot can't get Advantage unless he is gear lvl 2. With advantage, he has a larger chance to bonus-attack with his standard attack, and bigger critical chance for special ability. However, the default bonus of advantage for characters other than First Order Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma, and First Order Officer is that it allows you to ignore enemy armor. First Order Stormtrooper's basic attack has higher chance for speed down, and Captain Phasma and First Order Officer's basic attacks deal more damage if there's "advantage" on self/allies.
    Post edited by DarthMan08 on
  • Options
    DarthMan08 wrote: »

In the TIE Pilot's unique skill, he gains "advantage" whenever an enemy's health drops below 50%. So the pilot can't get Advantage unless he is gear lvl 2. With advantage as a buff, he has a larger chance to bonus-attack with his standard attack, and bigger crit chance for special ability. Additionally, advantage is exclusive to First Order TIE Pilot; others don't get that buff.

Advantage isn't exclusive to TIE pilot - First Order Stormtrooper also has an ability that applies Advantage. Though I feel like maybe you just misworded that comment, and meant that TIE pilot only applies advantage to himself, not teammates. In that case, you would be correct. =P
  • Options
    I'm getting Vader shards for logging in everyday is it different?
  • Options
    Blur wrote: »
    I'm getting Vader shards for logging in everyday is it different?

Vader shards are from achievements. Tie pilot shards are the daily login bonus on certain days.
  • SiriTa
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    http://imgur.com/GFuXSqt Here is the description of Advantage; it's in the Keen Eye tool tip.
  • Options
    Good knowledge here and I love hearing about the less popular characters. I usually choose the weirdo's for some challenges where I'm missing team members. Only problem for him is that his shards aren't going to be easy to farm as a F2P player...
  • Options
    DarthMan08 wrote: »

In the TIE Pilot's unique skill, he gains "advantage" whenever an enemy's health drops below 50%. So the pilot can't get Advantage unless he is gear lvl 2. With advantage as a buff, he has a larger chance to bonus-attack with his standard attack, and bigger crit chance for special ability. Additionally, advantage is exclusive to First Order TIE Pilot; others don't get that buff.

Advantage isn't exclusive to TIE pilot - First Order Stormtrooper also has an ability that applies Advantage. Though I feel like maybe you just misworded that comment, and meant that TIE pilot only applies advantage to himself, not teammates. In that case, you would be correct. =P

Whoops, I didn't notice that. Now everyone can have "Advantage", since Captain Phasma's second ability gives to all teammates.