Do we officially know why droid callers aren't in shipments?

Jaflip
142 posts Member
Just curious if a Dev actually gave us an answer on this. Why not droid callers if they're counter part, the furnace is on there. I'm sure everyone's tired of seeing droid caller posts. But I just wanted to add fuel to the fire ;) like a few posts I've seen TODAY I too am getting extremely frustrated about this. If not shipments at least make it easier. Obtaining them should be about skill; not luck. I have terrible luck. Skill I have in small doses.. But luck? Nope

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    For some reason they're making droid callers the hardest raid gear to get, even though a lot of people had them precrafted before the raids.

They're purposely making the gear gap between players widen and it's blatantly obvious.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Has there ever been a game with this big of a blunder? I honestly don't get why it's taking so long to fix. You can fix it by putting it in shipments. People won't care that they have to pay for it when others got it for free. At this time we'd rather pay for it than be strapped for months while the gap keeps getting bigger. At least with it being more accessible it evens it out a little more
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    For the same reason scanners, disk and so forth aren't either.
    Droid callers aren't the hardest it's all just RNG and droid callers aren't the most needed...Just wait... You'll find out what's even more needed
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    When's their fiscal year end and start? Maybe they're waiting to pad their numbers lol. I can only imagine the amount of crystals they would make.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Doubt it's just RNG. I have 60 furnace pieces, 36 scanners, 20 discs and 8 lousy droid callers I've received from raids. And they are the most important. If you don't have them your stuck. At least with Rey it was furnace and then disc. Qgj it's droid caller and then.. Wait can't get droid callers.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Money money money
    Money
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    The droid caller wall only affects some toons but the scanner wall blocks many more toons
  • All about $$$ i guess... sad
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Exactly @BlowinLoadz. If furnaces are in shipments why not callers? Raid rewards should be split between getting discs and scanners. Furnace and callers via shipments and guild shop. Ftp can save up crystals by arena payouts and still buy a droid caller within a week
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Jaflip wrote: »
    Exactly @BlowinLoadz. If scanners are in shipments why not callers? Raid rewards should be split between getting discs and scanners. Furnace and callers via shipments and guild shop. Ftp can save up crystals by arena payouts and still buy a droid caller within a week

Scanners aren't in shipments
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I don't get where the money angle is coming from though? I'm not spending money anything related to unobtainable gear. Furnaces I've bought 8 of them,... Where the profit there?
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Fixed @BlowinLoadz.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    It will be addressed in a coming update...or maybe we're looking into it soon...or even this issue is being discussed in the near future. Take your pick, it won't change.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Riggin12
    129 posts Member
    The droid caller wall only affects some toons but the scanner wall blocks many more toons

That's true for g10 and 11, but droid callers are required for a significant number of current meta characters to reach g9. I'm more comfortable having slowed progress toward 10 and 11 than 9, particularly with the pre crafting phenomenon.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Lol @benacrow there's only so many of those answers I can take!! All I want are some answers. Not fluff that you've been looking into it months ago. MONTHS AGO. Its a big deal. Still is considering people are still having the same problems.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I agree @Riggin12 droid callers should be treated just like furnaces
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's being addressed I wrote a message to dev and they as looking in to this as this is a leading concern

EA_Jesse
    June 6
    The game team is looking at more ways that gear can be introduced to the game outside of just the Rancor Raid.
  • SamoBudo wrote: »
    It's being addressed I wrote a message to dev and they as looking in to this as this is a leading concern

EA_Jesse
    June 6
    The game team is looking at more ways that gear can be introduced to the game outside of just the Rancor Raid.

+1
  • SamoBudo wrote: »

EA_Jesse
    June 6

Great news, but they need to stop looking and start doing. It's not like putting callers in shipments is going to take more than 5 minutes.
  • The droid caller was the easiest to precraft, now it's impossible to get. The only way to go about getting one is to buy the parts in the guild shop
  • The entirety of this game is RNG. There is very little skill involved whatsoever. And on the rare occasion that RNG doesn't go your way you just refresh (arena) or restart (GW, Raids, events etc) until RNG does eventually go your way.

Why should gear be any different?

WTOCUBE2.JPG
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Riggin12 wrote: »

That's true for g10 and 11, but droid callers are required for a significant number of current meta characters to reach g9. I'm more comfortable having slowed progress toward 10 and 11 than 9, particularly with the pre crafting phenomenon.

+1
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    For some reason they're making droid callers the hardest raid gear to get, even though a lot of people had them precrafted before the raids.

They're purposely making the gear gap between players widen and it's blatantly obvious.

Excuse me if i'm mistaken but aren't droid callers just available in guildshipments? Why is that the hardest ever if you can just buy them easily with guild coins or are y'all talking about something else?
  • Kebab wrote: »
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Excuse me if i'm mistaken but aren't droid callers just available in guildshipments? Why is that the hardest ever if you can just buy them easily with guild coins or are y'all talking about something else?

Buy them easily? With 16k guild coins?!

Even doing heroics as fast as we're able, guild coins take a lot of saving. The prices are way too high.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jaflip wrote: »
    Has there ever been a game with this big of a blunder?

200_s.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The entirety of this game is RNG unless you were fortunate enough to have the resources during the twelve hour window of notice about gear change so that you could precraft

Why should gear be any different?

Fixed it for you, since you had the advantage of pre crafting

To underscore the point, there's nothing wrong with people who pre crafted. However to pretend "oh haha gear is equal for everyone rng blah blah" when you got to precraft is disingenuous at best... And at worst, well I won't say it outloud because we all know you get all tattletale-y about personal attacks.
  • Nastynas91 wrote: »
    The droid caller was the easiest to precraft, now it's impossible to get. The only way to go about getting one is to buy the parts in the guild shop

It is all RNG.

I've received one full caller and 159+ caller salvage so far.

Still have half a dozen toons that need scanners.
  • LeoRavus wrote: »

Tin foil hat much?

//& yes I´m also lacking Droid Callers, but perhaps this forum would be more productive if the worst levels of stupidity was left at the door?