GW: What you should never say in something meant to be fun-Thank goodness that's over!

So, after my latest gw, I felt an intense feeling of relief, and actually said aloud "Now I can enjoy the game again for a day." I realized something. GW has become a burden, and a chore. Something I dread doing every day, but have to do if I want to have any hope of leveling my characters.

For those of you saying its easy, or quick, don't bother responding if you are below 36-38K in arena. It gets drastically different. Yesterday I had three nodes in a row of the exact same team. No joke. The exact. Same. Team. Dooku (L), RG, Rey, QGJ, GS. Back to back to back.

You tell me thats fun.

Replies

• Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    GW does need to be fixed urgently, unfortunately the staff are currently on a holiday cruise in a solid gold boat built with this game's profits and powered by players' misery.
  • RNC187
    24 posts Member
    Options
    There are enough toons to fill 12 nodes with 60 different toons random. Dont base is on excisting teams but on randam teams based on all toons.

There are some toons i have never ever fought in six months time. I dont want copy paste twelve times in the gw.
  • RNC187
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry for all the typos. Im on my mobile phone in a bouncing train :(
  • Options
    Iv given up on GW,I just throw it on auto unitl my A teams dies, then Auto the B team and if i dont finish oh well
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am at 37k in arena and finish 1st most days. I finish gw daily. Takes 20 minutes. I lose a few toons. First 3 or 4 nodes i use phasma lead with qgj gs rey and ig86. No healers until one of them loses protection around 4th node. Then i insert bariss lead and keep going. I have about 20 toons at 7 star. Usually i will retreat once or twice. On really hard nodes i will put in rg and han
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    GW does need to be fixed urgently, unfortunately the staff are currently on a holiday cruise in a solid gold boat built with this game's profits and powered by players' misery.

Ahah you made my day, thanks !
  • Options
    Yesterday I had three nodes in a row of the exact same team. No joke. The exact. Same. Team. Dooku (L), RG, Rey, QGJ, GS. Back to back to back.

IMO it's not necessarily the fact that facing the same squad 3x in a row is what makes GW impossible/bad, it's Dooku L squads in general. Matches against Dooku are so much harder to predict/plan for because RNG plays a much larger role in deciding the outcome of each individual move. From my experience, I rarely need to do more than 1-2 retreat(s) against non-Dooku L teams in GW to nail it. Then along comes Dooku and you can easily spend 30 mins on a single node.

I don't see the GW situation changing unless Dooku L becomes non-meta and/or they do a complete overhaul of GW. And the only way I see Dooku L becoming non-meta though is if they nerf his leader ability, release/buff another toon so that a new leader becomes meta or nerf every dps toon (/buff faction synergies) so that pure faction synergies dwarf the current Dooku L, RG, DPS, DPS, DPS setup. Seeing how everyone hates nerfs and only one of these options would make any money, I guess we'll be stuck until a new anti-dodge Leader is released. Hopefully it'll be Jar Jar (L ability: All allies gain 100% TM and O up whenever their attack is evaded, because scr3w you Dooku).
  • Options
    Nerf GW protection. Problem solved EA/CG.
  • Options
    Nerf GW protection. Problem solved EA/CG.

No.
  • Options
    Igor08 wrote: »

I laughed so hard to this! :smiley:

Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Crazy idea here, but bear with me . . . If you're not having fun, then . . . (Wait for it, drum roll please) . . . Don't play it.

Madness, I know. But if it perturbs you so, then stop.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.