Dilemma

Alexone
3646 posts Member
edited June 2016
So i want to play with a team i just geared up in arena. Problem is that team is over 37k total power whilst my current arena power is about 35.7k. If i put the first team in, my GW will probably become hellish. There is also a chance i won't like the team (it has no tanks lol). Should i do it anyway or not?

P.S: please make GW better so i won't have these dilemmas in the future. Thanks.

Dilemma 38 votes

Do it you little...kitten!
60% 23 votes
Don't do it GW will become a nightmare!
39% 15 votes

Replies

• I found it was my Arena rank more than my power that effected my GW difficulty. I could be wrong though... That's been happening a lot lately.
  • Try it out somewhere else first. Like a fresh GW node or something, idk.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I found it was my Arena rank more than my power that effected my GW difficulty. I could be wrong though... That's been happening a lot lately.

i rank top10 most of the time, and have super easy GW. squad power 32/33k-ish. upgraded to 34k today, probably wont make that much of an difference for GW.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Don't do it my kitten friend. It could be as terrible as people say.. Imagine facing gear 11 maxed out lvl 80 toons several times a day. Oh heeeeeeeell naww. The credit struggle is real man. My good friend DJ Khaled once said, "don't play yourself".
  • Is there definitive proof that either Arena Rank or Power has anything to do with GW difficulty? Seems pretty haphazard to me, and no matter what kinda team or rank I achieve, the results in GW don't seem to correlate.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Try it out somewhere else first. Like a fresh GW node or something, idk.

Not worried about much offense, just defense. Maybe the imposing power level might scare people away lol.

I am pretty sure the total power in arena has great influence on your GW experience. But it was ok for me at 35.7k total power. 37k sounds like a lot though.
  • It was confirmed by a dev on Reddit that your highest possible squad power is used, not your arena power.

• GW is going to be a challenge either way, but hopefully the devs tweak it a bit. I never held back my arena team or powering my squads for fear of GW, I just made them as good as they can be and dealt with whatever GW I end up with, cant live in fear of the GW!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It was confirmed by a dev on Reddit that your highest possible squad power is used, not your arena power.

you are basically allready toasted @Alexone xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    It was confirmed by a dev on Reddit that your highest possible squad power is used, not your arena power.

you are basically allready toasted @Alexone xD

Yea lol! I did it and i miscalculated, it's almost 38k. Oh well...sayonara fun GWs!
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    @alexone please come back and confirm the effect it has on GW so we can better understand it. Thx.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    DevTore wrote: »
    @alexone please come back and confirm the effect it has on GW so we can better understand it. Thx.

Sure thing, but it will take at least 3 days so to not blame it on RNG.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Ok i've seen enough...it's only been 2 days but i said i will come back here and tell what happened. So the GW's increased considerably in difficulty. Whether it's from total arena power or the 5 best toons i have in my roster, idk. But one of these 2 has had an impact on GW. Still, i think the system is somewhat smart, because i somehow can't help but think it also takes your whole roster into consideration. Basically, i think whales that have huge rosters + good gear, get tougher gw's than people that have 10 guys at gear 9+.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    @alexone thx for the update!
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!