Is evasion down supposed to ensure hits?

Because it sure as heck isn't. Just had a match against a Count Cheapku squad. He had evasion down on him, and he dodged not once, not twice, but three times! With evasion down. I thought that debuff was supposed to help counter the dodge meta?

Replies

• Because it sure as heck isn't. Just had a match against a Count Cheapku squad. He had evasion down on him, and he dodged not once, not twice, but three times! With evasion down. I thought that debuff was supposed to help counter the dodge meta?

Try it out on OB? Dodging three times in a row is much better than the usual 8.
  • It's only brings down the chance of dodge. They can still dodge if RNG goes in opponents favor.
  • It's only brings down the chance of dodge. They can still dodge if RNG goes in opponents favor.

It should eliminate it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    no, its supposed to bring the evasion rate percentage down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Makes me glad I didn't blow $200 on B2. Not that I would have anyway.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    If Evasion Down is the direct counterpart to Evasion Up. it reduces dodge change by 10%.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Makes me glad I didn't blow $200 on B2. Not that I would have anyway.

B2 is still a great toon.

It should eliminate it.

Why? Does offense down make you hit for 0 damage? No.
    If evasion up doesn't grant 100% evasion why would evasion down eliminate it completely?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    CountTucu wrote: »
    It's only brings down the chance of dodge. They can still dodge if RNG goes in opponents favor.

It should eliminate it.

Why? Does offense down make you hit for 0 damage? No.
    If evasion up doesn't grant 100% evasion why would evasion down eliminate it completely?

Correct. +10% evasion up, -10% evasion down.

Dooku gives 15%, so assuming characters have an innate 5% chance to dodge, even with evasion down and a Dooku lead, they have a natural 10% chance to dodge. It's certainly better than 20% :)
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    My B2 sometimes doesn't land a hit on a Dooku team lol.
    Basic attack, dodged.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    My B2 sometimes doesn't land a hit on a Dooku team lol.
    Basic attack, dodged.

@djvita
    Which, surprisingly, can still apply the evasion debuff. I run Dooku as my main and I have seen B2 miss two of my champions but still apply the ED. I also see this with things like QGJ basic attack missing but still reducing TM.

I don't think you HAVE to hit to apply the effects. It certainly doesn't seem like it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Plus 1. I have seen magnaguard apply o down when he gets dodged, many times.
  • Because it sure as heck isn't. Just had a match against a Count Cheapku squad. He had evasion down on him, and he dodged not once, not twice, but three times! With evasion down. I thought that debuff was supposed to help counter the dodge meta?

haha. Whiiiiiine

Get B2. Problem-o solved!!!!!

Get Dengar. Get the next few Aurodium heroes.

Evasion is nice. Why? F2P get them! LUMI (who doesn't have her please stand up!! except for alts, those under 60 sit down). Dooku ($5). Ben (farm him, or now, who cares, u have LUMI and Dooku).

Free EVASION. God bless Free EVasion.