7 Star Sidious, Now I need some help

AbysmalDarkside
316 posts Member
edited January 2016
Finally got my Sidious to a 7 star & also unlocked Kylo Ren today who I maxed asap & will continue to star up my main team right now is

Darth Sidious 7 * Power 4000+
Lumi 6* Power 3900+
Fives 5* 3400+
Daka 5* 3300+
Dooku 4* 2900+

Now Dooku isnt going anywhere fast & honestly dies in about 2-3 solid hits max with or without criticals I was thinking of leveling Kylo Ren & taking switching out Dooku for Kylo (Sucks because I TRULY love Dookus ability to stun jedis :/ ) Does anyone have any arguments there & is it a good idea to replace dooku with kylo atleast until theres an easier way to get dooku shards ? & Who should I go for next in the arena shipments I was thinking of holding off until new arena shipment characters are released because I heard there are new arena characters on the way, but if not then who should I be going after im looking for a Daka Replacement (Doesnt have to be a healer)

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Wait til Ren surpasses Dooku in * and gear, then put him in; soon your 7* Sid will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful. Search your feelings, you will know it to be true.
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    I think Phasma would be a good addition to your team. Keep farming Dooku nodes, I know it's a grind but your future self will thank you.

I can't see any real solid additions to your lineup from arena shipments, so your idea to save up points is solid. If you did however Asajj and Stormtrooper Han are solid picks that bring utility to any lineup.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    Wait til Ren surpasses Dooku in * and gear, then put him in; soon your 7* Sid will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful. Search your feelings, you will know it to be true.

LMFAO, That was the plan

Toolio wrote: »
    I think Phasma would be a good addition to your team. Keep farming Dooku nodes, I know it's a grind but your future self will thank you.

I can't see any real solid additions to your lineup from arena shipments, so your idea to save up points is solid. If you did however Asajj and Stormtrooper Han are solid picks that bring utility to any lineup.

Yea I definitely already planned on farming her after I max Lumi to replace daka maybe but is that a good idea ?

• Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »

LMFAO, That was the plan

Yea I definitely already planned on farming her after I max Lumi to replace daka maybe but is that a good idea ?

Seems solid. Considering you have both Fives and Daka you need to focus on one to star up, and Phasma and Fives have good synergy.
  • Time
    293 posts Member

LMFAO, That was the plan

Seems solid. Considering you have both Fives and Daka you need to focus on one to star up, and Phasma and Fives have good synergy.

Actually I think daka has great synergy with phasma, as daka has a much stronger basic attack.
  • Time wrote: »

LMFAO, That was the plan

Actually I think daka has great synergy with phasma, as daka has a much stronger basic attack.

I like daka alot, BUT she is extremely frail... Thats the main reason I wanna replace her, she dies in like 2 Criticals - 3 regular Hits

• Finally got my Sidious to a 7 star & also unlocked Kylo Ren today who I maxed asap & will continue to star up my main team right now is

Darth Sidious 7 * Power 4000+
    Lumi 6* Power 3900+
    Fives 5* 3400+
    Daka 5* 3300+
    Dooku 4* 2900+

Now Dooku isnt going anywhere fast & honestly dies in about 2-3 solid hits max with or without criticals I was thinking of leveling Kylo Ren & taking switching out Dooku for Kylo (Sucks because I TRULY love Dookus ability to stun jedis :/ ) Does anyone have any arguments there & is it a good idea to replace dooku with kylo atleast until theres an easier way to get dooku shards ? & Who should I go for next in the arena shipments I was thinking of holding off until new arena shipment characters are released because I heard there are new arena characters on the way, but if not then who should I be going after im looking for a Daka Replacement (Doesnt have to be a healer)

I'm in a very similar position to you. I unlocked Sidious and Kylo Ren within about 2 days of eachother and I've been trying to figure out what to do since.

My current team is:
    Sidious 7*
    Luminara 6* (about 15 shards away from 7*)
    Dooku 4*
    Jedi Consular 5*
    Fives 4*

I don't have Daka so I have Jedi Consular in her place, and I'm fine with that.

I haven't fully geared Kylo Ren yet (only at gear 6), but he doesn't seem to hit as hard with his basic as Dooku, so I'm also having a hard time deciding whether to take Dooku out of my team. I've even been tempted to put 4* Finn, who hits hard and is quite tanky, into my team in place of Dooku.

I'd be interested to see what you decide to do next.

As for me - I'm going to gear Kylo and try to get him to 5*, then I'll definitely put him in Dooku's place. In Arena Shipments, I'm going to get Asajj to at least 4*, perhaps 5* and see what she can offer my team. I have a feeling she'll be very useful in the future meta.

• You don't use Kylo for his basic attack, which is actually quite good with its double debuff chances. You use it for the eventual 42% chance (at level 60) total ability cooldown refresh on taking damage. Means if you're lucky, you can potentially get his high damage single target skill off every turn or at least every other turn. He also has pretty high crit through kitting out his gear loadout, so he can land some meaty crits with his AoE as well. Then the counter effect allows him to apply those debuffs from his basic attack without wasting a turn that you could be using his active abilities, without relying on the target being a Jedi to apply them, like Dooku. I'm sure Dooku still has his uses, but as far as survivable heroes go who can still do a fair bit on defense with the poor AI, Kylo is your best bet once you feel he is strong enough stat-wise to replace Dooku. Honestly, though, if you can farm ability materials and pour them into his passive and single target active, it's well worth replacing Dooku with him sooner than later.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • You don't use Kylo for his basic attack, which is actually quite good with its double debuff chances. You use it for the eventual 42% chance (at level 60) total ability cooldown refresh on taking damage. Means if you're lucky, you can potentially get his high damage single target skill off every turn or at least every other turn. He also has pretty high crit through kitting out his gear loadout, so he can land some meaty crits with his AoE as well. Then the counter effect allows him to apply those debuffs from his basic attack without wasting a turn that you could be using his active abilities, without relying on the target being a Jedi to apply them, like Dooku. I'm sure Dooku still has his uses, but as far as survivable heroes go who can still do a fair bit on defense with the poor AI, Kylo is your best bet once you feel he is strong enough stat-wise to replace Dooku. Honestly, though, if you can farm ability materials and pour them into his passive and single target active, it's well worth replacing Dooku with him sooner than later.

Thanks for this. So with Kylo, I should be using his Outrage attack first, then his Lash Out attack and hope for a cooldown refresh so that I can use them again? Sounds smart.

I've already been boosting his abilities, 3 are currently at level 4, Outrage is at level 5. In fact, the level 5 upgrade to Ragged Cut adds 15% damage, so that should make a difference.

Thanks for your advice @Pure_Pazaak
  • You're welcome. Sounds like you're on the way to having a potent hero for both PvP and PvE, especially galactic wars. Yes, generally I use Outrage first to burst down Sidious or a squishy healer/damage dealer. Unless if there's a reason to use the AoE first, like trying to weaken a team for an AoE sweep, or getting Dooku to attack Kylo in the hopes that you can get low enough to get double damage on Outrage. As long as you can max out his passive to the extent of your current level, his other two skills are that much more effective as a tanky "revenge bruiser" type character.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Toolio wrote: »

Dont do this, Dooku is not worth grinding anymore, he will still stay squishy as ever. Unless he gets a buff (which will never happen since some people are already complain) he doesnt add much for you pvp wise, At 4*hes still managable for story mode.
    I suggest you save you tokens and wait for the update before you start investing into anything from arena because one they could add good characters to arena or 2 they could add a character that could synergize well with something in arena right now.
    Patience young one, patience
  • Im going with Kylo Ren thank you guys for all your help im gonna wait though until I gear him up but its a no brainer now, Dooku does hit harder but his health just throws me off, Kylo doesnt hit as hard but im ok with that ill still be farming dooku shards on the low, but he wont be 7 starring anytime soon