The sad fact about the evasion down characters: The dodge meta is never changing.

Let's look at the facts:

-Nearly everyone hates the dodge meta
-There is a 2000 post thread on it
-They have begun releasing evasion down toons as pay only.

My conclusion? CG is never going to fix it. Rather, they are going to take advantage of their players frustrations by making pay only evasion counters.

Bad form

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    True dat.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    It's not hard to just make the meta evasion leaders (Dooku and OB) have only synergy with sith/Jedi respectively. Easy fix. No other evasion leaders use full part full evasion that's why these 2 are meta.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    It's not hard to just make the meta evasion leaders (Dooku and OB) have only synergy with sith/Jedi respectively. Easy fix. No other evasion leaders use full part full evasion that's why these 2 are meta.

No one said it would be hard. But CG has dollar signs in their eyes. They see something people will pay to get around.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

No one said it would be hard. But CG has dollar signs in their eyes. They see something people will pay to get around.

Yup and theses are the ones I will not spend on. Dengar might be the only one but that would be for tenacity down
  • Options

No one said it would be hard. But EA executives have dollar signs in their eyes. They see something people will pay to get around.

Fixed it for you
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Evasion was never broken and no one should be surprised at all that they are offering pay only counters. Anyone that has played this game for more then 5 minutes knows the whole "AI toons follow the same rules" malarkey is an outright lie. That said, dooku leads are like putting sidious on your arena team. Guaranteed win for me regardless of the rest of your team because Leia is going to kill him in one turn most likely. Old ben is another matter though.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

This has been said repeatedly from the start. It's mind blowing that such a powerful leader ability is allowed to be universally effective. Mind blowing. Every other leader ability (that I can think of off the top of my head) has diminishing returns for non-faction allies.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. Rather than fix problems, they're going to try and monetize them for themselves. I'm waiting for them to use the credit crunch to spawn...
    JABBA THE HUTT
    Basic Ability: Master Merchant - Generate 3000 credits per standard attack.
    Special ability: Profitable Exchange - Remove all buffs from enemy heroes, gain 5000 credits for each ability removed this way.
    Unique Ability: Overwhelming Greed - The Bounty Hunter challenge now appears for the player every day of the week.
    Jabba shards are only available in the newly released Shameless Cashgrab Aurodium pack, priced at just $499.
  • Options
    People use the dodge leads for their arena teams because they know the AI is jacked so that all percentages are greatly increased. Battles are one-sided dodgefests against a high-ranked team. It is an exploit, and they know it.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Well B2 wasn't really an evasion lead counter but of course his basic makes a huge difference. What makes B2 special is that AOE dispel and buff immunity that neutralizes tanks and makes Rey hit like a normal toon.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    I fully support the idea of making new innovative characters and abilities than the tried and true poopy method of nerfing.

That being said, these characters don't actually "solve" the Evasion meta at all and if that was their purpose in design, then they were designed poorly.

Until we get anti-Evasion toons that can't be Evaded, we're out of luck.

How about some love on GG where he applies some Evade Down or something? How about instead of his leader ability being that he makes the opponents crit less, instead he gives a massive bonus to passive evade down or something? He'd probably still be stinky but this is just an idea.

• Options
    Well B2 wasn't really an evasion lead counter but of course his basic makes a huge difference. What makes B2 special is that AOE dispel and buff immunity that neutralizes tanks and makes Rey hit like a normal toon.

Yep. B2 trivializes the cookie cutter QGJ (L), Han, RG, Rey, Gs team. Basically turns han and RG into wasted spots
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I fully support the idea of making new innovative characters and abilities than the tried and true poopy method of nerfing.

That being said, these characters don't actually "solve" the Evasion meta at all and if that was their purpose in design, then they were designed poorly.

Until we get anti-Evasion toons that can't be Evaded, we're out of luck.

How about some love on GG where he applies some Evade Down or something? How about instead of his leader ability being that he makes the opponents crit less, instead he gives a massive bonus to passive evade down or something? He'd probably still be stinky but this is just an idea.

GG is a whole other can of worms. Takes massive effort to get for a poopy robot

But yeah, B2 really doesn't work as an evasion counter because evasion still counters him.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    Yep. Rather than fix problems, they're going to try and monetize them for themselves. I'm waiting for them to use the credit crunch to spawn...
    JABBA THE HUTT
    Basic Ability: Master Merchant - Generate 3000 credits per standard attack.
    Special ability: Profitable Exchange - Remove all buffs from enemy heroes, gain 5000 credits for each ability removed this way.
    Unique Ability: Overwhelming Greed - The Bounty Hunter challenge now appears for the player every day of the week.
    Jabba shards are only available in the newly released Shameless Cashgrab Aurodium pack, priced at just $499.

Hahaha, sign me up! Now all I need to do is find a gw node with bariss + ee, enter the battle with my own ee and jabba, hit auto and wait for the credits to flow!

One can only dream...

Ps. If anything, cg/ea are much more likely to introduce the "credit toss" ability akin to the "gil toss" ability in final fantasy.... If u want to one shot the rancor - u can! At a bargain price of 10 credits for 1 damage, u can instakill 1 phase of the rancor by paying a measly 50 million credits! (note, the price goes up to 100 credits for 1 damage in heroic tier)
  • Options
    Let's look at the facts:

My conclusion? CG is never going to fix it. Rather, they are going to take advantage of their players frustrations by making pay only evasion counters.

Bad form

HEY.........I know you.
    ;)
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Options
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    Let's look at the facts:

Bad form

HEY.........I know you.
    ;)

You do?
  • Options
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    HEY.........I know you.
    ;)
    Do i know you Kenny?

• H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options

I agree even just a minor fix such as sith or jedi only will go a long way.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    It's far easier to give the AI a cheap buff than actually make it efficient. There are numerous small things that could do to make it better at defending.

Maybe EA/CG don't have a very big budget for this game. Makes you wonder where all that whale money is going.