Lumi's Leader Ability

AbysmalDarkside
316 posts Member
edited January 2016
Lumis leader ability gives what a 12-14% evasion boost, but the team dodges roughly 75-80% of the attacks, Literally Lumi led teams are impossible to hit everything misses, has anyone experienced this ? That needs an immediate fix, a 12% evasion boost shouldnt allow 8 out of 10 attacks to be dodged that or like acouple people are saying AI in PVP has a super boost to proc. Could be wrong but it cant be right that whenever me or others face a lumi led squad everybody on the team gains spidey sense & is able to sense & avoid every attack.

Replies

• Options
    Lumis leader ability gives what a 12-14% evasion boost, but the team dodges roughly 75-80% of the attacks, Literally Lumi led teams are impossible to hit everything misses, has anyone experienced this ? That needs an immediate fix, a 12% evasion boost shouldnt allow 8 out of 10 attacks to be dodged that or like acouple people are saying AI in PVP has a super boost to proc. Could be wrong but it cant be right that whenever me or others face a lumi led squad everybody on the team gains spidey sense & is able to sense & avoid every attack.

I have a Lumi 6* and people don't seem to struggle knocking me from top 5 to top 30 every day.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've never seen that issue regardless of which leader is giving evasion, including Lumi. Sure I occasionally get strings where I miss 3-4 times in a row, but I also get times where I beat the odds and land everything that I need to and wipe out the opposing team.
  • Options
    Imo Lumi is working great only for players, in my team she many times rescued my allies from strong multi-attacks, but opponents' Lumi isn't too efective and able to knock in 2 turns.
  • Options
    I run 7* Lumi full geared as leader and i never have had that high % evasion as u mentioned above. Perhaps my chars block one on every 5-6 hits but at high lvl you don't get to live to the 3-4 hit.
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have her at 6* and max gear and I notice the deflect a bit more but nothing crazy. I've never had it give me more than 2 in a row.

Edit: leader is at 5
  • Options
    Gear/rank * also takes proc chances into play. If you have way lower gear than your opponent, prepare to miss more attacks. Too less information to really look into this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Gear/rank * also takes proc chances into play. If you have way lower gear than your opponent, prepare to miss more attacks. Too less information to really look into this.

Do you have any numbers on this?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Cpt_Dan Yes I do. Not at the fly but I can dive into it if you really want.
    My point is that e.g. gear lvl 6 > 7 is quite a big jump (remember the 20x epic pieces you need to farm). Some give 10 agi/10 str (=hp and armor for dmg reduction), 10 intel (potency right?) and on top of that 250 hp 5% tenactity. If you are stuck at gear lvl 6 vs a same toon gear lvl 7 you are bound to receive more dmg. Even at the same stars (so both toons 6*), gear is desicive for the endresult. If I semi gear a 6* toon and compare it to a non geared 6* toon the difference is big and real.
  • Options
    Okay okay I see I see but the guy probably had only what 200 more power then me so it kinda doesnt add up, I tried attacking all heroes at one point just to see if maybe it was just lumi & sid & his JC, Phasma, & Daka were dodging EVERYTHING too. I doubt he had higher gear levels on every character the power levels wouldnt have been so close.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @AbysmalDarkside
    Hard to say much when we are speculating. Chances of that happening are low, haven't experienced that much bad luck in a row. Though enemy team could also have a buff with extra dodge?
    This game has over 5 million users, bad luck happens just as much as luck does. Millions of battles a day, take a small percentage and you have thousands of users with extreme bad luck every day. There are a few posting here and some claim it's even rigged. Therefore I always tend to be a bit sceptic about topics like this. You should try to remember more moments of luck.
    Ps: my worst luck moment was a sidious dodging 2 jedi hits and 2 non jedi hits and I was like whaaaaat. But ye after 40 days of playing that also happens.
  • Options
    @AbysmalDarkside
    Hard to say much when we are speculating. Chances of that happening are low, haven't experienced that much bad luck in a row. Though enemy team could also have a buff with extra dodge?
    This game has over 5 million users, bad luck happens just as much as luck does. Millions of battles a day, take a small percentage and you have thousands of users with extreme bad luck every day. There are a few posting here and some claim it's even rigged. Therefore I always tend to be a bit sceptic about topics like this. You should try to remember more moments of luck.
    Ps: my worst luck moment was a sidious dodging 2 jedi hits and 2 non jedi hits and I was like whaaaaat. But ye after 40 days of playing that also happens.

Thats the thing it never happens unless im facing a team led by lumi, I just avoid them now, They were dodging everything like every character on the team was dodging 8 out of 10 attacks, I was like no way. I mean it is what it is
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'll try to face a few Lumi leading teams if I can. It's mostly Phasma and Sidious now but slight variations are getting through each day in my "server" (is it actually a server lol). Anyway you got me interested in trying it myself now and it's a welcome change. I might get back on this after reset :)
  • Options
    Lumi percentage of attack and JC percentage of attack are way lower (only 10% maybe?) if the opponent is Sidious...avoid attacking sidious and attack other characters first when those two get their turn...
  • Options
    I go in spurts when facing Lumi as a leader. I have had fights where I miss 50-60% of the time. It can be frustrating. But I have also had the fights where it seems like it functioning fine. I would have to agree with Cronoz that it is a gear thing. Power lvl can be a little deceiving at times as you don't fully know the make up their team.
  • Options
    Never seen those %s even close. I skip a couple teams led by others but never scared of a Lumi lead team.
  • Options
    I'll try to face a few Lumi leading teams if I can. It's mostly Phasma and Sidious now but slight variations are getting through each day in my "server" (is it actually a server lol). Anyway you got me interested in trying it myself now and it's a welcome change. I might get back on this after reset :)

Hopefully its not me encountering this problem alone :neutral:
    Lumi percentage of attack and JC percentage of attack are way lower (only 10% maybe?) if the opponent is Sidious...avoid attacking sidious and attack other characters first when those two get their turn...

Im not a noob bro, I definitely know Sid avoids jedi attacks, I only run 1 jedi thats not the problem here the problem is the rest of the team avoids 66% of my attacks I land maybe 1 out of 3 hits 3 out of 9 If im lucky, its usually 2 out of 8 hits
    I go in spurts when facing Lumi as a leader. I have had fights where I miss 50-60% of the time. It can be frustrating. But I have also had the fights where it seems like it functioning fine. I would have to agree with Cronoz that it is a gear thing. Power lvl can be a little deceiving at times as you don't fully know the make up their team.

I doubt its gear BUT im glad someone has witnessed this & im not alone in it, I guess maybe our luck is bad ?
    Never seen those %s even close. I skip a couple teams led by others but never scared of a Lumi lead team.

Thats because you haven't yet faced what I faced, You join a match & watch every player on the enemy team dodge 70% of your attacks I guarantee you, you'll wonder whats going on. maybe its bad luck on my part

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I never avoid attacking Lumni teams. Her ability seems good yet balanced from my experience. I have her at 7 stars and don't usually use her leadership ability. Its a great ability though. Old Bens ability doesn't even work... :(