Help with squad, advice on farming...

OwexBaill
188 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey guys,

I just started a few weeks ago and I'm a bit stuck and torn.
Maybe you could help me out...
(First of all: I'm F2P only)
So, here's my squad atm:

uc?export=view&id=0BxdEVXkJ5DYrRnlvQ0NBZXc4dFk

As you can see, nothing too fancy.

Where to start....

(WARNING: The text might be confusing. English is not my mother tongue, apologies if something is wrong and/or not understandable)

Dark Side Team
Started with Phasma, Talia, IG-86, Royal Guard and the Snowtrooper. The latter was replaced with the First Order Pilot, which gave me the idea of a First Order squad!
Got Savage through a card and he took IG-86's place.
I'm quite sure where to go here, as I'm already gathering shards for the Officer in the Cantina and for Sidious in PvP. Heard the First Order Stormtrooper isn't really worth it and Kylo Ren is far, far away from being farmable for me.
So basically: Phasma, Pilot, Officer, Sidious. Which could be the main squad for PvP/Galactic War also. Throw in Luminara and I'm set, I guess? And for DS battles? Stick with Talia for healing? Old Daka would be an option, but since all the Cantina Credits (which are quite limited) go into the officer...
Currently it's: Phasma, Pilot, Talia, Savage, Royal Guard. Not having much problems. Question is, how to spend resources here. As in: should I spend them on members I'll eventually replace? (Savage e.g., whereas he could be farmed after Sidious is done.... which is not very likely to happen soon).

Light Side Team
Now this is where it gets tricky... Chewie and the Jedi Consular are pretty much set.
As I said, I'm farming Luminara (23/50 as of now...).
Would be room for the Resistance Trooper and Jawa. Which is... ok? I don't know who could take their places and, what is more important, how to acquire them, since all of my resources/energies are pretty much planned out.
Also I'm stuck at 4-L, where level 30 Stormtroopers are killing my team (as you can see level 35 (Ewok) - 43) at fight 2/3 easily with their grenades. Is this normal? how to get past this level?

Energy is being used to farm Luminara, Jedi Consular and Chewie shards.

Cantina
I didn' even finish the first "world", I only spend SIMs for Chewie shards and to get the credits for the FO Officer. Takes a while... Would love to have Old Daka, too.

Arena
Credits go to Sidious, as I mentioned. Maybe Savage some time. Farming both is inefficient I think? Should I get Sidious to 7* first? Even if this takes ages?

Galactic War
Oh boy, this is where the fun starts... Yesterday, I was only able to get 200 Credits. The days before it was 400.
Because my LS team feels so weak, I'm spending them to get Luminara.
Problem is, in addition to it taking ages (since I'm a n00b and/or bad player), Galactic War Credits are the only source to get Phasma shards....
I don't wanna calculate how long it would take to max out both characters...
And I feel I need them both for my squad.

Squad
As mentioned above, I try to build a semi-First Order squad with Phasma as leader, FO Pilot, FO Officer and... maybe Luminara? And.... ?
I don't want to min/max, fun has first priority. But losing all the time isn't fun either ;)

So, basically focus on...
Character (where to find shards)
DS:
Phasma (Galactic War only)
Pilot ("world" 6, DS and LS. Kind of far away right now... Valuable at 2*?)
Officer (Cantina Credits only)

Sidious (Arena)
Savage (Arena)

Talia?
Old Daka? (problem wih farming Officer at the same time...)

Farming Kylo Ren is not really realistic.

Have to keep leveling Talia/Royal Guard(/IG-86?) to beat DS/Galactic War...

LS:
Chewie (Cantina/DS/LS battles)
Luminara (Galactic war, DS/LS battles)
Jedi Consular (DS/LS battles, Cantina battle 3-A which is not in reach as of now...)

????

Items
Should I specifically try to find items to upgrade squad members? It feels even less rewarding than farming shards...

Again, sorry if anything is off and thanks for any help or advice in advance!

Replies

• Nobody?
    OK, figured out that LS 4-L is supposed to be that hard.
    Going to unlock Sidious today.
    Still not sure who to pick for the LS team. I have an Ewok Elder level 1. But I guess that's not much better than Jawa/Resistance Trooper.
  • OwexBaill wrote: »
    Nobody?
    OK, figured out that LS 4-L is supposed to be that hard.
    Going to unlock Sidious today.
    Still not sure who to pick for the LS team. I have an Ewok Elder level 1. But I guess that's not much better than Jawa/Resistance Trooper.

Yes get sidious as fast as possible he is amazing and keep on farming him
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks!
    I know he is, that's why I'm farming him :)

So... no other input? Please do tell why. Is it too much text? I've seen responses to advice seekers that just listed their squad. Maybe there are too much questions? "Dumb" ones?

I read a little about GW and I think I'll do a bit better in the future.

Seeing the latest farming attempts in battles, I'm starting to doubt that my 2* Pilot will be that useful in the future, since it'll take time til I get there and the farming will take its time...
    Kinda don't wanna "waste" money and materials for toons I will not use later either...
  • By the sounds of it, I'm only couple weeks ahead of you, but I would advise you stop spending most of your energy on shards, and dedicate more to getting gear for your main characters. Gear, I believe, ultimately effects how strong they are, even more then levels, or number of stars. So, where you could blow your entire days energy on shards for 7 different people, you could also potentially finish the gear level of a couple of your more main players, which would effect how strong they are, as opposed to adding 3 shards towards the next star.

I learned this late as well, but I find that I mostly want to use my energy on whatever gear I can get for my main team, and then after I hit that wall, ill go for hard mode shards.

As for the rest of it, sidious is a safe bet, luminara is an absolute must, and your cantina.... Poe, ahsoka, fives, daka... All legitimate choices, depending on what your team is lacking most.
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.
  • Don't waste your time on Chewy. He becomes totally irrelevant once you get to higher levels. Focus on Luminara, Sid, Phasma, JC and Tie Fighter. Ewok Elder is a good one to level up, especially for Galactic War, he's a great healer and his revive will be a big help when completing GW
  • It's too much text! I don't mind helping people out, but this takes a while to read :) And you said it yourself, you're f2p without any fancy characters. There are tons of tips and guides for that. So you didnt take the time to read some stuff here on the forum as well.

Basicly: farm sidious from arena shipments, luminara from gw shipments, from the cantinaenergy get luke/genosian and with cantina credits get fives/poe/daka (maybe boba).
    Dont farm the hard nodes for shards get your gear first.
  • Thank you!

I did take some time to read about characters etc, but yea, like I mentioned, I figured the GW and LS 4-L battle issues myself. Should've done that in the first place, but that came to my mind as I was typing.
    My bad!

• 1. Focus on farming Sid (Arena) and Lumi (GW) all the way up to 7 stars. Yes, even if they take long. They are both very good and very farmable
    2. I would advise Daka over FOO from Cantina Shipment. Healers are a lot more valuable and effective in lower levels. DPS or support heroes need to be sufficiently levelled up to deliver their potential. Besides, Daka will help you a lot more in both DS battles and GW
    3. Farm JC using energy. He needs to be at least 4*, if not higher
    4. Always gears over shards. Gear is the king and adds more to stats increase than star or hero level
    5. Among the current heroes that you have, Phasma, JC, FOTP and Genosian Soldier are only worth farming their shards. Chewie is good enough at 4* and perhaps Talia to 5*. IG-86 is okay, but I would prioritise Genosian Soldier over IG-86. Resistance Trooper is another consideration, but why bother when FOTP is better
    6. Don't waste resources on Royal Guard. Not useful
    7. Do I see an Ewok Elder? Don't have him, but he is supposed to be quite good if levelled up, or so some say
    8. Nightsister is decent, but only for a Nightsister team. Shouldn't be a priority
  • And thanks again! To have a heart and answer my noobish questions ;)

Yes, I'm gonna prioritize getting Sidious and Luminara as high as possible, and going more for materials than shards in battles.
    I really am kind of stuck to the First Order Squad idea... Cantina Credits seem quite rare and I nearly unlocked the FOO. Do I really need another healer if I have JC, Luminara and the freshly trained Ewok Elder (gave him a try. Better than the Ewok Scout that is recently part of my LS team)? Is it mandatory for future DS battles or does Talia do the job well enough for that purpose?
    I know Daka is good, but as I said... Not trying to get a "perfect" team here. I have a rough idea of who is good an who isn't that great. Nonetheless, any advice is appreciated!

On the other hand, getting Phasma to a decent star level will take its time too, since the only way to get shards is, again, GW shipments.
    FOTP shards are only available in 6 DS/LS battles afaik.
    But I'm really digging the random extra attack from Phasma. Even if there are, without doubt, more useful leader abilities.
    But we'll see.
  • I agree with most everyone on here as far as farming Sid and Lumi first. I'd probably stop farming Lumi around 5* then work on getting phasma to 5* if you truly want a First Order team plus she is an amazing leader to pair with..... Fives! Fives is awesome he has a ridiculous amount of health and counter ability mirroring Dooku. In my opinion he is better than Dooku because he inflicts speed down on most hits and has much more health! I farmed Luke in the second cantina battle right at the beginning. Luke hits like a truck with nice crits and stun ability, then take the cantina shards and use them towards Fives. Boom.... Plan.... Go!
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Got Sid and Luminara almost at the same time last week. Leveled them up and geared them up to 5, coz i havent got through stage 5 of both ls and ds yet bcoz im farming gear for my toons almost all the time. I farm shards whenever there is excess energy but only for JC. Go get sid and lumi and you'll breeze through gw. My lineup consists of sid, lumi, jc, fotp, and eeth koth. I suggest you upgrade fotp too your max capabilities as well as sid and lumi and jc. Focus on those 4 including your phasma. That dam fotp hits like a truck trust me.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Now you're throwing another good character in that requires Cantina Credits, argh!
    Should I really drop FOO? I'm at 35/50 shards or something like that right now... I've read that if paired with Phasma one can control the battle quite good.
    Fives sounds amazing but that would mean all the FOO farming was a waste of time...

What about the Geonosian Soldier? He's a heavy hitter, right? I don't really see much synergy with the rest of my squad and I have FOTP for that job... Is there even a place for him in my setup?

EDIT: Looks like I've really wasted Cantina Credits. I think I'll go Fives now, having
    Phasma
    FOTP
    Luminara
    Sidious
    Fives

JC and others as back up.
    I'm not sure yet, though :/
    Post edited by OwexBaill on
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    The group in your last post would be a good group to focus on. Things may change if you get lucky on Bronzium pulls but with Phasma at lead, Fives and FOTP should get some extra attacks in. Fives will call one of the others in on his special so you will be good with extra attacks.

• I unlocked FOO and he was underwhelming... I redirected my credits to go to Poe after I unlocked him. I got lucky and pulled a bariss and therefore did not care about daka. That being said I don't really use bariss in GW I tend to do fine with JC and Lumi, I've always been able to complete my GW (at level 55).

For arena I tried the first order squad (less kylo) and it was a flop. Stick with farmable Heros that you can promote and grind gear easily. Only 1 healer max for arena and I would say Lumi over JC. I stopped farming JC for this reason. My arena team is phasma lead, Sid, Lumi, Poe, and old Ben (lucky draw). You could probably do something similar and maybe start farming for Luke to replace old Ben.... Luke has good synergy with phasma because if his assist does crit damage he gains turn meter, chance for stun is nice too. Farming him is as easy as farming chewy or JC, but I would have to agree with others and stop farming chewy, aim for Poe if you want a tank.