Help me confirm RT expose is bugged

Geddre
224 posts Member
Ok, I need to make sure I understand everything involved in an effect not landing. I'm trying to prove that at ability level 7, RT's basic (which is supposed to apply expose 50% of the time) is only "proc'ing" 20 to 25% of the time.

We all have noticed that his pitifully low potency means the expose barely ever lands, but I'm theorizing that it's not just potency... but also an actual bug which isn't even making the attempt to apply it the 50% it's supposed to. I'm basing that off of the fact that I see it land or see a resisted message far less than 50% combined.

A few things I need to make sure I understand correctly...

1) On a kill shot, there is no message - no indication of any kind - as to whether or not the effect would have landed, so I have to just ignore those for the purpose of getting good data, correct?

2) When the effect doesn't proc, there's no message at all, correct? So those attacks with no message can be counted as one of the times it missed.

3) If the damage component is dodged or evaded, the expose effect can't land either... or can it still?

4) When the effect does proc, but doesn't land, the message always states "resisted", correct?

So in summary, to figure out if it's really proc'ing at 50%, I have to leave kill shots out of the count, and then compare the number of times I see either "resisted" or see it actually land, against the number of times I see no message at all.

Do I have that right or is there something about how dodges or evades work that I don't understand?

Replies

• I have RP and I'm with you it so rarely proc and it probably does once in 7-8 shots , I think expose for pilot is bugged or he they lack potency making it useless like so many toons in the game having a skill they can't use
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Anyone?
  • I find it goes well enough when it's maxed (65% to expose) with gear 10 increase to potency. But I guess looking at dodging, 15% can make a huge difference