Noob questions - do not activated characters turn activated once you have a complete set of shards?

I know thats maybe a silly question, just started playing last week.
Do you have to buy Data card packs to unlock new ones or get lucky with the free opens?

Also in PvP arena why are there 2 levels against a player, top left and under the picture ID?
Im only 10,177 power squad so what should I be challenging?

Pls ally with me

Grantus
Level 44
ID 643-234-765

Replies

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    HGF69 wrote: »
    Also in PvP arena why are there 2 levels against a player, top left and under the picture ID?

Top left is the player level, the picture is the level of the leader of the enemy team.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    You can get lucky with Bronzium picks. I've only ever gotten 1 character from it but my friends have 3-4. You can also activate the characters by slowly acquiring shards through hard missions, cantina battles, and shipments.

In the arena, the number in the top left is the level of the opposing player, then you have their current rank position which shows how much you will advance if you beat them. Under that is their power ranking. If you compare that power compared to yours (in the upper right next to the crystals you should be able to gauge if you should strike them.

Good luck
  • When you have enough shards to activate a character, you have to select that character. In the bottom right corner it will have a green button that says 'activate'. It costs 100 credits to activate.

You CAN get lucky with free packs, but most of the time you will end up with gear, credits, or training droids. If you are after a certain character, select it from the character screen (even though it's not activated yet) and there will be a 'find' button on the right side. It will show you all the locations it is dropped (usually hard modes or cantina, galactic war, or arena currency). If you are going to buy chromium packs, save up for the 8 pack. It's a bit cheaper per card and I believe you get at least 1 guaranteed character along with shards. It's all random, so the character card you get could be one you already have, in which you will get shards for it, or old Ben, darth maul, or another character you could only get in chromium packs.

As far as pvp, challenge anything you think you can beat. Generally anything around your power level should be fine. If you see a 5k power team, thank Vader you will be seeing him soon (achievement for arena win yields Vader shards).
  • Thanks guys great help

One more thing, I'm at 26/35 allies but when I go to 'MANAGE' and scroll up/down I can only see 8?
  • i had same thing happen w allies.. Go to request status on same screen. It counts those pending