This is not about arena server merges.

warmonkey
1314 posts Member
The other thread this was in was closed so I'll repost it since that other thread has nothing to do with server merges and never adressed what OP was actually asking. That thread was about damage being nerfed in arena....
Something weird happened yesterday to me to. I only fell to #15 but I had to refresh to get to #1 for payout. This was unusual because I have lost two matches in the last 4 weeks since I changed to a new arena team and had one draw when I timed out vs sun fac when he first came out and I didn't know how to play vs him yet.

I lost 3 matches in a row yesterday. Two vs opponents that I fight everyday and always win. And one vs a level 79 guy with a team that I could normally crush on auto. Was also very weird a level 79 was in the top 15.

Was also weird since I had literally just upgraded my han to g10. So I went from an insane win loss ratio to losing vs teams I have never loss to and to a low level guy after I made my team stronger??????!
So was something differnet in damage, opponents hp, rng, or something else? Just seemed strange to lose 3 in a row like that. Matches weren't even close.

After I refreshed everything went right back to normal and I quickly defeated that 79 without losing protection on any of my toons, and won my next two matches to get into first. And the guy in first has a team way more difficult than the other two I lost to earlier.

Replies

• It's just RNG man.

You didn't crit or they dodged or something, the game isn't conspiring against you.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    well, i dont have any solid proof what so ever but...
    i recently upgraded my QGJ to g9 and i get the feeling he gets targeted more now. Obviously this could just as easely be RNG or confirmation bias.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    It's just RNG man.

You didn't crit or they dodged or something, the game isn't conspiring against you.

Normally I would agree with you but that was highly unusual. I have defiantly lost my fair share of matches to bad rng. You know the kind of battle where rey dodges 6 times in a row and has foresight up after every attack and/or you end up losing 3 guys before you get a turn.

I used to play a lot of poker and lost $600 once when I flopped 4 of a kind in texas hold 'em to a runner runner straigh flush after I got my opponent to bluff off his entire stack on flop with an Ace and 5 of hearts to my four twos. So ya I know about bad luck, but it's just percentages, so I just continued playing realizing that the odds just weren't in my favor for that hand.

Yesterday in arena was something weird though.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    well, i dont have any solid proof what so ever but...
    i recently upgraded my QGJ to g9 and i get the feeling he gets targeted more now. Obviously this could just as easely be RNG or confirmation bias.

I'm with you on that. Seems to me healers and then qgj is what the AI likes to target.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    It's just RNG man.

It was probably just the force.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    It's just RNG man.

It was probably just the force.

That's not how The Force works!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    You do know that there is a guild activity to fight in arena right?
    People that just bother with 3 arena battles are refreshibg to do 10 for the guild
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    People that just bother with 3 arena battles are refreshibg to do 10 for the guild

do you know most polarbears are left handed ? Also completely unrelated and true.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2016

This has zero relevence to the topic. Yes I was aware.

Furthest I've fallen in months is 21 and that was last week during guild pvp activity
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016

This isn't his concern. I've seen both squads, and there's no real reason he should've lost.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I play another EA game and in it they have that rubberband mechanic thingy so when a high ranked team fights a low ranked team the low team suddenly gets massive buffs so the match is somewhat equalized. That's what it kinda "felt like" yesterday in arena

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I play another EA game and in it they have that rubberband mechanic thingy so when a high ranked team fights a low ranked team the low team suddenly gets massive buffs so the match is somewhat equalized. That's what it kinda "felt like" yesterday in arena

madden mobile ? that game seems to punish people for having better teams >_<