Personal Milestone - Finally Cracked Top 10

UlicQ
198 posts Member
So not to toot my own horn, but "toot toot." I'm on a late November shard and just finished clawing my way into the top 10. I was a very casual player for months, so it's taken me awhile to catch up to my shard mates.

What I thought was really cool is that I'm the only droid team in the top 50, and I'm surrounded by teams that are about 10,000 squad power points more than me. Most of them have toons with G10 & 11 and my little droids that could are still stuck at G8. I'm sure I won't hold the spot, but I thought it was pretty cool to finally make it in.

Replies

• Way to go gratz!
  • Nice one!

I broke top ten today too (though that was after payout and I've fallen to 16; I'll fall further overnight for sure, especially with three of my squad toons still at G8). I started playing in January. Some of these tanky squads and synergies are so much fun to fight.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Congrats!

I almost made it today, on a December server... With an Empire team. Sadly, 17 was as high as I could get.
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks all. So amazingly, I actually was able to hold till payout, so that was even sweeter. And better yet only slid to 15 overnight. Have to say I'm really digging my battle bots.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Congrats. Keep it up!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    10k power more O_o
    that sounds super challenging, congrats
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    10k power more O_o
    that sounds super challenging, congrats

Yeah, I'm still surprised I'm sitting where I am.
  • Hey congrats, that's got to feel good. Yesterday I climbed to 17 for the first time. Was cool.
  • Great to hear, beating up players 10000 higher than you, that's skills and planning, Bravo.
  • Congratulations! Now here's hoping you advance even further. There's a sweet bag of crystals waiting for you at #1!
  • Props to you for keeping your position by payout and staying within the top fifteen!

Predictably, I fell quite fast overnight.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • I finally cracked the top 100 today. With a squad 10 levels lower than anyone else. I only drop about 50 overnight, so I'll make it one day
  • sugarmonster
    204 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    UlicQ wrote: »
    So not to toot my own horn, but "toot toot." I'm on a late November shard and just finished clawing my way into the top 10. I was a very casual player for months, so it's taken me awhile to catch up to my shard mates.

What I thought was really cool is that I'm the only droid team in the top 50, and I'm surrounded by teams that are about 10,000 squad power points more than me. Most of them have toons with G10 & 11 and my little droids that could are still stuck at G8. I'm sure I won't hold the spot, but I thought it was pretty cool to finally make it in.

Congrats, goes to show that droids have bounced back. Who are you running in your droid squad?
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    It's a good feeling, congratulations!
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    Thanks again everybody. I've been pretty stoked by the achievement, especially since it was such a hard climb being vastly overpowered in every encounter.

Congrats, goes to show that droids have bounced back. Who are you running in your droid squad?

As for my squad I'm running:
    Hk47 7* gear 8 (L)
    Ig88 7* gear 8
    Ig86 7* gear 8
    B2 7* gear 8
    JE 6* gear 9
  • UlicQ wrote: »
    Thanks again everybody. I've been pretty stoked by the achievement, especially since it was such a hard climb being vastly overpowered in every encounter.

Hk47 7* gear 8 (L)
    Ig88 7* gear 8
    Ig86 7* gear 8
    B2 7* gear 8
    JE 6* gear 9

Ah yes, JE is responsible for ressurecting the droid meta. He makes them so much better.
  • Congrats! Always a great feeling cracking a new ranking threshold in arena!
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Hk47 7* gear 8 (L)
    Ig88 7* gear 8
    Ig86 7* gear 8
    B2 7* gear 8
    JE 6* gear 9

Ah yes, JE is responsible for ressurecting the droid meta. He makes them so much better.

While I agree for the most part, it's really a combo of that, Hk's lead being omega'ed, and B2's debuffs. If you take any one of those away it's a completely different team.
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    Congratz!!!