Your killing my creativity, my hard work and my fun factor

Prev1
So can someone explain the idea behind working hard/paying hard sometimes to develop a good roster then you get to arena about to break the top 20 for the first time...and sorry but i cant substitute my lead to beat this akbar team or my rank will drop 100 overnight. So im forced to keep old ben in even though the whole team is likely to resist his debuffs all because ea wont let us switch back a player after a match for defense. Why? Because their ai isnt up to par. Hey, i love this game. How about letting me use my toons to win since thats fun, maybe without this artificially imposed barrier, maybe ill still lose, who knows. Isnt that what makes it interesting. Im not dropping 50 crystals for one match. I just played 5 and tried to time it perfectly because of your screwball rank system. Hello?

Replies

• You do realize that if you drop 50 crystals you can move up a lot of ranks with 10 matches? If you gain 2 tiers it's worth it.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • 50 crystals is worth it. If it gets you up a prize level it pays itself off. Not including the extra arena tokens.
  • Tenchi1969
    340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Not to mention more victories for achievements. Also it is great for moving up a lot of slots, especially if you get into a back and forth.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I mean... The only fight that matters is the last one. You can do the first four with whoever you want as leader, then do the last one with a defensive team. Maybe you lose the last one, but it's not like losing costs you anything.

Also, if you're dropping 100 spaces overnight? Your team really isn't that good... You're kind of just asking for them to cater to you for not being good =\
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yeah im fighting to gain crystals cause they are all gone by then. So your thinking this is a way to get more crystals from you. I realize you get it back if you move to the next teir but im not doing it because of he outlay. My crystals are gone by then and i dont want to risk it.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    Cry me a river. Make your team better. Lord Dooku help you
  • I just think its a classless move to get 50 crystals since the substitute at the end is necessary due to the poor erratic ai... Its so easy to let me swap a player and i promise you if i throw ventress in for one turn ill be knocked back 20 spots while im going for the next teir. Its ridiculous.
  • What is your team including gear levels? Are you on swgoh.gg?

• Arena team is basically all maxed omegad up old ben g9, daka g10, st han g8, gs g10, yoda g9
  • Tenchi1969
    340 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    not sure why old ben is a problem being defensive leader for you.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Well no wonder. You don't have anyone to actually do damage. I could heal through anything your team throws out there. You drop 100 ranks a day because your team is bad... AI or not.
  • Problem is you dont have enough burst dps

• Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Arena team is basically all maxed omegad up old ben g9, daka g10, st han g8, gs g10, yoda g9

Level up your gears, mate. That team u quoted.. That's lunch for many folks.

And Yoda jumps around but not really a scary dps.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I mean... The only fight that matters is the last one. You can do the first four with whoever you want as leader, then do the last one with a defensive team. Maybe you lose the last one, but it's not like losing costs you anything.

Also, if you're dropping 100 spaces overnight? Your team really isn't that good... You're kind of just asking for them to cater to you for not being good =\

I see your point but my team is good (not great). The point is to allow players to utilize their squad with say some anti droid toons from time to time for example. But the second i switch my g9 jawa in im screwed. Not just last battle. In crunch time people are sniping so you cant enjoy your squad. Let me switch but my default team plays any attackers. Thats what im saying
  • Do you have rey, qgj, 86? If so make Han leader and put them in.

• Joruus wrote: »
    Cry me a river. Make your team better. Lord Dooku help you

Yeah see but im not crying im frustrated. Are you not frustrated you cant switch out players without getting sniped. You never wanted to use a toon but were sure you would get punished for doing it. I think your missing the point. Make your team great is a sweet thought but falls short of the goal of being able to customize your teams that you have built. Some teams are great against other teams but not great against all teams.
  • Here is how I play your team. I smash Geos face in with rey, stun han. Then I do 2 assists with qgj and my geo on daka. Kill Yoda, kill han, kill ben. Last two I do on auto with a full team.

• I understand your point. i wish we could sub in defensive team, but we can't. Your team has little offense.

• Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Here is how I play your team. I smash Geos face in with rey, stun han. Then I do 2 assists with qgj and my geo on daka. Kill Yoda, kill han, kill ben. Last two I do on auto with a full team.

Ok swell but i already know how my team gets beat. The point is not why my default team gets beat and this is not a bragging post. Im saying people want to use their squad without being sniped pre awards.
  • Unimatrix wrote: »
    Arena team is basically all maxed omegad up old ben g9, daka g10, st han g8, gs g10, yoda g9

Level up your gears, mate. That team u quoted.. That's lunch for many folks.

And Yoda jumps around but not really a scary dps.

Yeah so i know this but it entirely misses the original idea. Obviously i am doing this or i wouldnt be top 50. Again thisnis not a brag and everyone wants to snipe brag posts. Im saying dont want to usethis squad constantly against every team i face right? You want to switch players because of team variability. So, why not allow us to do this and keep a default defense team.
    not sure why old ben is a problem being defensive leader for you.

He is great but not against this team i faced with ackbar lead. The point is i wanted to switch him so daka would go first to win the match. How is nobody understanding what im saying here.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Use an offensive team to snipe at the last minute. Then after payout, do one more fight to swap in your ben lead. If that doesn't move u up a tier, then don't bother, of course.

I understand your point. i wish we could sub in defensive team, but we can't. Your team has little offense.

Ok yes, i need maxed rey maxed rg but i dont have it. So i use this and its by far my best team possible with less drop than any other combo. Gs is all i have dps and it works great but i could from time to time make it work better to advance and i dont mind dropping 20 but 100 is awful just to win a match
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I would often try it just to know if I can do it. Even if I can't hold it this time, maybe in the future it will come in handy. Cuz when the time comes, u only get one chance to get it right.
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    I would often try it just to know if I can do it. Even if I can't hold it this time, maybe in the future it will come in handy. Cuz when the time comes, u only get one chance to get it right.

True. Its about forking out crystals but i think this is an area where ea doesnt really make enough more to justify the frustration it causes.
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    So can someone explain the idea behind working hard/paying hard sometimes to develop a good roster then you get to arena about to break the top 20 for the first time...and sorry but i cant substitute my lead to beat this akbar team or my rank will drop 100 overnight. So im forced to keep old ben in even though the whole team is likely to resist his debuffs all because ea wont let us switch back a player after a match for defense. Why? Because their ai isnt up to par....

Nope, because they want you to put in more money first - like those who keep on beating you.

• Yoda is terrible on defense. Almost as bad as Ventress.
  • Yoda is terrible on defense. Almost as bad as Ventress.

Ha yeah i use to run her too:). He is my only way to win offensively at this point but im hoping to replace him soon. Yeah this would be less of an issue if the broader ai was looked at.
  • I see ur point but everyone has to play with the same rule: last team played is on defense.

Switch up your lead when ure climbing (preferably in one straight run).. Then switch back in your last fight to your preferred defense team.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    I understand your point. i wish we could sub in defensive team, but we can't. Your team has little offense.
    A separate defensive team would stifle creativity even more. As it stands, you need to come up with something that's good on offense and defense, paying special consideration to a character's defensive AI--like how Finn is great at attacking but the AI has no idea how to use him.