Could someone from CG please clarify drop rate chances from missions?

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Actually I have already started to compile drop rates about two weeks ago, so, eventually we will know drop rates. :-)
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Rogerfan

I wish there were more players like you...

Thanks, Im posting this message all over the place.
    People on this forum are extremely exaggerating, or whining if they once get unlucky they complain that it happens all the time.
    I really don't like that way of the forum to work. We should be discussing new stuff and not constantly reading the same complain threads.

You can be frustrated, I get it. But stop complaining all the time.

Yes, I get frustrated when Lumi dodges 4x in a row. Yes I get frustrated when Phasma leader teams get bonus attacks with Sid who makes all my toons buff immune and I lose.
    But I don't whine while it happens, just as I don't make "Ai needs a buff I destroyed them" threads when I get lucky and I'm dodging everything.

Just my two cents, I'm just unhappy with the way the forum is going and wanted to express that.

It's only a game, enjoy it or leave, don't ruin it for others.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    Just my two cents, I'm just unhappy with the way the forum is going and wanted to express that.

One purpose of this forum is to provide feedback to the developers. The drop rates are low and the distributions are frustrating, as many have experienced, and that is valid feedback as even CG has acknowledged.
    Nobody is forcing you to read any thread you don't want to read, so take your own advice if it bothers you that much.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

One purpose of this forum is to provide feedback to the developers. The drop rates are low and the distributions are frustrating, as many have experienced, and that is valid feedback as even CG has acknowledged.
    Nobody is forcing you to read any thread you don't want to read, so take your own advice if it bothers you that much.

I feel like the drop rate is perfectly fair and on some days it's frustrating and on others making me happy.
    It's not feedback, it's whining after one or two days of bad luck.
  • Options
    I find that certain characters have higher, or lower drop rates historically. For me, Luke, Kylo and JC drop like rain. My three worst are Daka, Dooku and.....the Queen of low drop rates, Rey. Overall, it equals out in getting drops but Rey and Dooku are a severe test of patience when I get zero drops a day quite often.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's not feedback, it's whining after one or two days of bad luck.
    There are numerous reports of people going very long stretches without getting any shards, even after recharging with crystals. CG themselves have acknowledged that the variations in drops are frustrating. So the only one whining here is you. (And others like you.)
    If CG doesn't want this sort of thread, they can tell me. Otherwise, I will post what I want, and if you don't like reading it, don't read it.
    We are attempting to communicate our feelings to a company we pay money to. You are just flaming other players.
  • Options
    The drop rates are the same for every attempt, regardless how many refreshes you've done or how close you are to a threshold number. Or anything else for that matter.

It's the most "fair" approach, but we agree it can lead to long stretches of no drops which feels frustrating.

(Of course, it also leads to long stretches of getting the drops but we're human and quickly forget those times. ;) )

So, for the next major update (not the Player Level increase, but the one after), we're looking to find a way to make it feel better. Once we lock on the approach, @EA_Jesse, @CG_AaronNemoyten, or I can communicate it out.

Hope that helps!

Easy: if you pay crystals to unlock another round of tries, it should also give you a shard.
    Hodor
  • Options
    r2steve2 wrote: »
    The drop rates are the same for every attempt, regardless how many refreshes you've done or how close you are to a threshold number. Or anything else for that matter.

It's the most "fair" approach, but we agree it can lead to long stretches of no drops which feels frustrating.

(Of course, it also leads to long stretches of getting the drops but we're human and quickly forget those times. ;) )

So, for the next major update (not the Player Level increase, but the one after), we're looking to find a way to make it feel better. Once we lock on the approach, @EA_Jesse, @CG_AaronNemoyten, or I can communicate it out.

Hope that helps!

Easy: if you pay crystals to unlock another round of tries, it should also give you a shard.

I'd definitely support that. I don't pay for recharge, period. If you got a shard on recharge, I'd start doing a few a day.

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I get that it's frustrating but it could be an extreme low droprate (now) for certain toons. The only thing confirmed like @Qeltar said is that EA acknowledged it being frustrating. I don't know for sure if every node has the exact same % dropchance. I tend to think Kylo in Cantina "seems" easier but that's also due to the fact you can spam more energy in there during the day. I also have streaks where I drop 50 energy and no kylo ren pops up but hey I already had 5 earlier today so it "feels" satisfying unlike hard nodes.

The hard nodes are simply harder and when you have 3 chances and refill up to 6, 8, 12 or 15 tries, the same chance still applies as was with the first 3. Your chance doesn't go up all of the sudden (because of results before). Statistics when being applied only to yourself don't matter since it should be applied to all people.

Anyway I made an estimate on how fast you could unlock all characters. It's pretty decent imo:

There are 71 characters in game now. The shards required per char are:

25 shards for gearing from 2 to 3
    30 shards for gearing from 3 to 4
    65 shards for gearing from 4 to 5
    85 shards for gearing from 5 to 6
    100 shards for gearing from 6 to 7

25 characters start at 80 shards (rank*4) = (25x80=) 2000 + 4625 (ranking to 7*) = 6625 shards
    20 characters start at 25 shards (rank*2) = 500 + 6100 = 6600
    20 characters start at 50 shards (rank*3) = 1000 + 5600 = 6600
    6 characters start at 10 shards (rank*1) = 60 + 1830 = 1890

Total shards in game: 21655

I got 8 toons farmed from SQ, GW and Cantina to max rank 7* = 2140 shards.

Now I'm only taking these into account and not the starters, low star stuff I unlocked by luck. Only the farmed chars from GW, PvP and Squad Cantina. No holiday event or achievement shards.

21655 / 2140 shards = 10 months and I'm already playing 1 month so far means 9 months left at this rate.
    A lot of uncertain factors come in to play as we progress like new characters, updates, adjustment on droprates etc.

All be it a year I'm fine with it. I said before that I played clash for over 2 years and I still wasn't maxed out. Gives an idea of how fast we unlock stuff. You can apply your own calculation as well if you know how many shards you gain in a month / week / day

439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey @Qeltar I know what you mean and i understand your point(s). You are definitely not wrong / alone with this one. Having said that:
    Sorry to break it to you dude, but CG won't clarify ANYTHING regarding drop rates / chances.
    Not cause they don't care about your/customer feelings or cause they re "evil" or something. It's just cause it wouldn't make any sense to do so.
    The only reason why Lotteries are giving out odds nowadays is cause they were FORCED to do so, by various regulating institutions. In some countries at least. Nobody could/would force CG to release informations about odds.
    BUT ! I hereby present you and everyone else: The super secret magic trick how to get ALL THE SHARDS you want:
    Start farming with the shards you want THE LEAST!
    E.g. i'm farming Daka, Fives, Tie Pilot, Rey, Dooku. In that order. I started farming in that order 8 days ago, since then i am experiencing above average results on Dooku shards! It's nearly DOUBLE the value! Went from 0-2 per day (since november 25th) to 2-4 per day ! Daka was at 78/80 eight days ago. Guess what, now she is 79/80 ?! That's ONE in 24 tries. Sick coincidence eh ? Not that i'm in a hurry to unlock her, finished all DS maps, don't really need her atm. Meanwhile Dooku, is making some real progress! Started refreshing his nodes too every now and then (for potentially more than 4 shards per day). And the best part: No more goat sacrifices needed!
    So, there you go. Good luck have fun farming. ;)
    (In before @CG_AaronNemoyten pops in: Superstition IS the way to go bro ! )
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • Options
    @Rogerfan

I wish there were more players like you...

Thanks, Im posting this message all over the place.
    People on this forum are extremely exaggerating, or whining if they once get unlucky they complain that it happens all the time.
    I really don't like that way of the forum to work. We should be discussing new stuff and not constantly reading the same complain threads.

You can be frustrated, I get it. But stop complaining all the time.

Yes, I get frustrated when Lumi dodges 4x in a row. Yes I get frustrated when Phasma leader teams get bonus attacks with Sid who makes all my toons buff immune and I lose.
    But I don't whine while it happens, just as I don't make "Ai needs a buff I destroyed them" threads when I get lucky and I'm dodging everything.

I hope I'm not the only one appreciating the irony of your constant whinging about people whinging :D You known, people have a right to have a different opinion to you, and even to express that on a message board. You have a right to express your opinion as well, however I would suggest you'd have better luck being supportive of other players rather than trying to berate them into silence by calling them whingers....

ive posted two posts on this board that could be called critical of the game as it stands. This is in 6 weeks of playing, so is hardly constant. Both times I've asked whether others are having a similar experience, or whether I'm being unlucky. Both times I haven't had this question answered, but I have had people like you be rude to me without any real justification. Is that how this forum should work do you think?
  • Options
    @Benji constructive yes. But what @Rogerfan said is true. Forum is more toxic than it was before. Voicing opinion is good but a lot of topics about the same subject is rather frustrating as well. Most people want to unlock all chars after a month (comparing it to that marvel game), that's something this game isn't build for, that's obvious. So if you don't like that mechanic I can understand but posting these frustrations on forum, although legit, is pointless since the core of the game won't change anyway.
  • Options
    @Benji constructive yes. But what @Rogerfan said is true. Forum is more toxic than it was before. Voicing opinion is good but a lot of topics about the same subject is rather frustrating as well. Most people want to unlock all chars after a month (comparing it to that marvel game), that's something this game isn't build for, that's obvious. So if you don't like that mechanic I can understand but posting these frustrations on forum, although legit, is pointless since the core of the game won't change anyway.

So you agree it's legit to post, but also say we shouldn't post frustrations? How will the game change if people don't feedback?

Also, I find it ironic you say the forum is toxic, yet you support posters like the one I quoted who try and shout down those who disagree with them. Like I said, if you want the forum to change, be a positive and supportive figure in it
  • Options
    @Benji My point is that with the search option you can see many topics have been made about this already.
    I like to keep track of forum and help out in many other topics but reading the same things about proc chances, OP toons and frustration about how fast we unlock things is more toxic than it was a month ago.
    Scrolling through a list of topics to read the exact same thing over and over again well you get my point.

Even when things were acknowledged/confirmed by devs and have been taken into account for the next patch, you can expect a few snappy responses from people I guess.
    Anyway maybe it's a sign I need a break from the forum and some of it's fun discussions :D
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    0/6 on Dooku, second day in a row.
    This is so much fun! I can't even describe what fun it is to be restricted on how often I can try something and then make no progress at it at all for two straight days.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Being a masochist I reset the nodes, which cost me 150 crystals including the energy recharge required. 2/6. This is how it is now: 0/6, 1/6 or 2/6. I haven't done better than that in recent memory. I'm averaging around 1/6. Maybe it was higher before but it definitely isn't 1/3 any more.
    At this rate, to get Dooku from 5* to 6* would take 3 months unless I spend a pile of crystals. That's kind of slow.
    @Darivon - I didn't expect them to give me numbers, but at least there's been acknowledgement of the issue.
    @CG_JohnSalera -- this is easily the most irritating part of the game. Once I get Dooku to 5* I doubt I will ever spend another crystal on mission recharges until this is changed. (I'm only doing it now because he's close.) Please improve the odds or make them more consistent in some way, and I will spend more. Thanks.
    Post edited by Qeltar on
  • Options
    @Benji My point is that with the search option you can see many topics have been made about this already.
    I like to keep track of forum and help out in many other topics but reading the same things about proc chances, OP toons and frustration about how fast we unlock things is more toxic than it was a month ago.
    Scrolling through a list of topics to read the exact same thing over and over again well you get my point.

Even when things were acknowledged/confirmed by devs and have been taken into account for the next patch, you can expect a few snappy responses from people I guess.
    Anyway maybe it's a sign I need a break from the forum and some of it's fun discussions :D

Well that's up to the mods to manage a bit better IMO. May be a pain in the backside job, but if orderly threads is going to help this place they should be looking to do it. Whilst most people will look for another thread to post into, you will always get a few who just post a new thread without looking. Shame but true
  • Enklave
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I playing from November and I had literally zero those "long stretches of getting the drops". I would remember if there was at least one, because I would remember that good feeling getting drops. But nope, I am frustRated every day more and more...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If anyone has a problem with one of my threads, the appropriate action is to report it to a mod. Not derail it with off-topic personal comments.
    I started the thread for a specific purpose, and that was addressed when John replied. I am continuing to post here specifically to NOT create a new thread.
    The frustration here is real. If there's a problem with this thread, I'm happy for a real mod to tell me, not a player who has taken this role on for himself.
    BTW my total results today on all of the "free" hard missions I did this morning (which weren't free because they required energy recharges): 2/15. That's 180 energy blown on close to nothing.
  • Options
    @Qeltar all of these topics are based on personal opinions or experiences with droprates. Since you are one of the most active members, especially you know there are tons of topics about this already. I'll never report for something that meaningless..
    To stay on topic, would be nice if we get some knowledge of droprates but I don't expect most to be above 25%. I'm fine with that though many others are not. It's all based on opinions or patience which some have more than others.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @CronozNL - of all the duplicate/repeat threads on this forum, ones about low droprates are among the least frequent. If you really spend a lot of time here you should know that. This thread had a specific purpose, and @CG_JohnSalera responded at least partially, so it was successful and I thought useful.
    Patience? I've been farming Dooku for 6 straight weeks. Hitting his nodes is the first thing I do every morning. I was okay with a roughly 1/3 rate, which is not exactly stellar. I don't know what's changed, but the 1/6 I am now typically getting is very irritating, especially when paying crystals for the privilege.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar well the only thing I read here that might help is to farm dooku shards last. Start with the least node you are interested in. Keep dooku as last, tried that? If it works it explains why you have so little. Tho I agree it wouldn't make sense if that's actually it.

I just did Dooku (while having done daka, fotp, bariss and general veers cause he has purp mats) and had an astonishing 5/6. I recommend to try it.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    0/6 on Dooku, second day in a row.
    This is so much fun! I can't even describe what fun it is to be restricted on how often I can try something and then make no progress at it at all for two straight days.

I usually get 1 out of 6 for dooku... Sure is annoying
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar well the only thing I read here that might help is to farm dooku shards last. Start with the least node you are interested in. Keep dooku as last, tried that? If it works it explains why you have so little. Tho I agree it wouldn't make sense if that's actually it.

I just did Dooku (while having done daka, fotp, bariss and general veers cause he has purp mats) and had an astonishing 5/6. I recommend to try it.

Wow. That's bizarre. I believe you, I just know this has never happened to me.
    I only ever farm shards I care about, and I can't imagine they would code things this way, but I will try it tomorrow.
    I am pretty sure I have never gotten 5/6 on any node ever, though.
  • Options
    Althoug i could be agree with you about thecalrification of drop rate, i can't understand why you keep grinding those nodes if you actually know that the drop rate is quite low.. Capital Games doesn't force you to do that, it's simply your choice, so why do you complain about that?
  • Options
    Arena and GW chars are a joke to 7*. Cantina drop rate is fair. Campaign maps is hell.
    By the end of this week I'll have 7* Sid and Lumi, and 6* Kylo. But Dooku makes me cry... If drop rate doesn't change sooner or later I'll have to substitute him, without even maximizing. And I'm not the only one, for sure.
    It's not fair, f2p players are going to use for pvp only arena GW and at least one cantina char, two from cantina if lucky.
    DON'T MAKE GRIEVOUS A CAMPAIGN-"FARMABLE" PLAYER!!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    i can't understand why you keep grinding those nodes if you actually know that the drop rate is quite low..

Because I'm trying to put together a concept team, and he's part of it, and until a week or two ago the drop rates were okay (not good, but not like they are now) and there's no other way to get his shards.
    Maybe it's just a run of bad luck. All I know is even spending crystals I am going at a glacial pace here and that's just to get him to 5*.
  • Options
    My drop rate for shards seems to be about 33% with the occasional day I get 50% for those characters that have a hard level for each side. Today I got 3 Lumi shards and 2 Dooku shards.

What I am finding is the drop rate for the Ability Material Mk 3 to be beyond absurd.

I have been playing this game for a little over a month, am level 58 and I have seen that material drop I think TWICE in the catina battles and maybe 3 times in GW and those drops were early on. Now? Nothing.

I realize it is a rare material but it should drop more than 5 or so times out of allllll those times I have done battles in those two modes. Only way I can get them now is in the material challenge and even then it isn't a guarantee I get more than say 3, maybe 4, leaving upgrading of abilities now next to useless. At the current rate, I could maybe upgrade one ability level for a single character every week but even that may be a stretch and it'd take 1.5-2 weeks per.

Not even like I can see this as being something they did to get people to pay seeing as I don't see any way paying would change this.

I don't have any real issues with the drop rate of anything else other than this. I don't expect to get a bunch of these every day but considering I have easily done 200+ battles, I'd think a drop rate higher than under 2.5% is justified.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love seeing stacks of low level materials in the 100s but being unable to get just the one I need.

I actually was going to 'sell' a bunch of my high stack ones but, have you seen the pricing? It's laughable. Like 10 things per mat, if that. Seriously, they charge 1500 and up for a couple in the store.

Maybe we could trade 2 unwanted ones for 1 wanted one directly. Irregardless of what mat it is (or maybe only the rarity color matters)
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I feel the pain just farming parts in normal, I spent 120 energy just today trying to get 4 parts off the same mission, at least 10 autos in a row it gave me nothing useful, also I have over 150 green tier 1 ability mats and like 1 purple to my name, lol
This discussion has been closed.