Could someone from CG please clarify drop rate chances from missions?

13Next

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    My drop rate for shards seems to be about 33% with the occasional day I get 50% for those characters that have a hard level for each side. Today I got 3 Lumi shards and 2 Dooku shards.

*shrug* Okay, I guess it's just me then.
    shimmy wrote: »
    I have been playing this game for a little over a month, am level 58 and I have seen that material drop I think TWICE in the catina battles and maybe 3 times in GW and those drops were early on. Now? Nothing.

And maybe here you are the one having bad luck. I got 3 Tier 3 materials in GW alone today, and I think 2 in Cantina (but I do recharge twice per day). You also have a shot at 18 more per week in the challenges (though 12-15 is more realistic). You should be getting a fair number of these over time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Qeltar well the only thing I read here that might help is to farm dooku shards last. Start with the least node you are interested in. Keep dooku as last, tried that? If it works it explains why you have so little. Tho I agree it wouldn't make sense if that's actually it.

I just did Dooku (while having done daka, fotp, bariss and general veers cause he has purp mats) and had an astonishing 5/6. I recommend to try it.

Tried this, made no real difference. With a dual recharge, 3/12. Not as bad as 0/6 and 1/6, I guess, but these magical 4/6 and 5/6 runs NEVER happen for me. Ever. I've never even gotten 5/12. If I did get these good days I wouldn't mind the bad ones so much, but 2/6 is now a "good day". It's quite annoying.
    Oh well, I guess if I'm going to have bad luck, a videogame is a good place to have it. I'll just have to accept this as the price of leveling up someone using missions.
    I still think it stinks, however.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    A possible solution would be to remove the drop chance. Let's say it's a 1/3 drop chance. You have 3 attepmts per refill at 12 energy PER attempt. Make it a sure drop, once per refill, and costing 36 energy. Same average result, no frustration for those struck by bad rng (which are a given. With 5 million player, you'll have 1 million with below average luck, 1 million above average, and the rest in the middle. Also will have 1000 with extremely bad luck and 1000 with extremely good luck. It's a matter of fact)
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Qeltar well the only thing I read here that might help is to farm dooku shards last. Start with the least node you are interested in. Keep dooku as last, tried that? If it works it explains why you have so little. Tho I agree it wouldn't make sense if that's actually it.

I just did Dooku (while having done daka, fotp, bariss and general veers cause he has purp mats) and had an astonishing 5/6. I recommend to try it.

I was curious about this as well. Didn't work, and actually the reverse was true. Started with FOTP at 3/3, JC 2/6, Dooku 1/6 and drumroll.....Rey 0/3. Still a better than average day.
  • Options
    For me today it didn't work either. Started 5/6, 2/6 & 1/6. Still around 40% after 3 days. Will keep tracking Dooku progress.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for you response @CG_JohnSalera, even if somewhat evasive.

By your avoidance of the question, I assume you are going to leave it to your players to calculate and speculate drop rates.

It would seem to me that showing drop rates for any item would solve any negative experience of low drops, and be easy to do.

I can't see how that would create a worse experience for players or decrease revenue for CG, perhaps because I'm coming from a player bias. For me, knowing how rare something is motivates me more to get it if I feel its valuable, considering plenty won't have the patience.

My preference would be to reduce the scarcity of hard mission shards (considering there are plenty of good heroes only available this way), and also the item in most short supply in the game: tier III ability mats.

A holotable to trade low tier shards, gear, and ability mats for higher tier versions would also give a better experience even if harsh conversion rates. It burns worse having a shortage of tier III ability mats when I have hundreds of tier I.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Just to clarify - so no one "official" has clarified?

i.e. No one has actually posted what the drop rates are supposed to be mathematically. Correct?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just to clarify - so no one "official" has clarified?

i.e. No one has actually posted what the drop rates are supposed to be mathematically. Correct?
    Correct. And they have no intention on sharing drop rates.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    They use a 100 sided dice, which is given to EA hamsters to roll the outcome of RNG.
  • Options
    I agree, the drop rates on purple gear is especially low, ive also noticed that while farming rey shards, it seems the rate for a rey shard has been lower for the one that takes 12 energy, i havent noticed anything different on the one that takes 16
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would appreciate the drop rate below the item in the "possible rewards" window, that would be at least something...
    Right now i'm farming for FOTP in the two hard nodes. I will keep updating my drop rate, which is as follows:

3/6 "day 1"
  • Options
    RNG

The odds even out once u hit a sufficient sample size.

I been grinding GS in cantina since I started and I am at level 51

GS is now 5 stars. I had hot streak in a row. I got nothing in 1 refresh before.
  • Options
    Closed upon OP's request.

FashionFett.
This discussion has been closed.