Galactic War question

I've been told the opponents you face on each node in GW is based around your Arena rank. Is it based on total team strength, or your ranking?

Tried out a new team of lower strength tooms (came to about 23k in total) and the following days GW was realtivley easy.

reverted back to my main team (around 31-32k), and GW is back to being 70+ toons from Node 3.

heard conflicting reports on how it's worked out. Any definitive answers?

Replies

• irvvri
    152 posts Member
    If I'm not mistaken, I think it was announced that matchmaking is determined by the highest arena squad power you've ever had, and it doesn't change if you make your squad a lower power.
  • irvvri wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, I think it was announced that matchmaking is determined by the highest arena squad power you've ever had, and it doesn't change if you make your squad a lower power.

Can I see a link to the announcement please!
  • irvvri wrote: »

Can I see a link to the announcement please!

It was on reddit somewhere.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Can I see a link to the announcement please!
    Try this reddit (there is no try)

• Keep in mind, that post is from February. The info might not be accurate today
  • So I was right!? Arena power means nothing... Oh how ironic!

Thought it was actually your previous battle based but I was wrong there. Hmm, so your highest squad based GW matchup. Sorry to the folks I argued against... My bad!
  • So I was right!? Arena power means nothing... Hmm, so your highest squad based GW matchup.
    Not sure you read it right.
    "We use your LAST PVP SQUAD WIN so long as that power is greater than the last time you won. So we DO take it from Arena, just not RANK, just Squad Power."
    Keep in mind, that post is from February. The info might not be accurate today
    Of course, but I haven't found more recent posts anywhere countering this.
    But to be sure: there are reworks coming up.
  • Gawd, forgive... I must not be that fresh today.
  • I've been monitoring the opponents I face for each node of GW and the following seems to hold true:

It's based on the average of your max arena team that has won (find this data within the guild statistics) and your strongest 5 toons in terms of Power score.

The nodes are a progressive % of this score: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 96, 97, 98, 100.

See if this holds up for your GW nodes.

However, as noted above, GW difficulty is due to change in the foreseeable future.