I have a sinking feeling 90 is not far away

Prev134
Many are starting to hit cap, and for some reason I get the feeling CG's eyes are about to turn into dollar signs again. Given their track record, I would not put it past them to have the cap raised by the end of the month

Replies

• Deadded
    67 posts Member
    hopefully that doesnt happen. still think we need about 2-3 months until everyone is on the same page gear-wise.
  • Deadded wrote: »
    hopefully that doesnt happen. still think we need about 2-3 months until everyone is on the same page gear-wise.

Same. But this dev hasn't been known for patience when pushing out updates that increase grind
  • I pray they don't alter the deal further
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I pray they don't alter the deal further

This. God I hope not.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    They cant, they still havent revealed the secret gear cog you get when you max out the toons gear. If they dont do that wat would be the point in lvl up besides getting toons to lvl 90. They have to give us more to do
    Post edited by KingOfLosing on
  • You know...I'm just going to make Star Wars quotes if that's alright with you guys
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • I've got a bad feeling about this
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I feel a disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ok I'm done
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    If we get 1.5 mil credits daily... I wouldn't really mind them increasing the level to 90.
  • Alonorcal
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Deadded wrote: »

Unfortunately there will always be gaps in squad power and gear cause whales and the stronger guilds getting much better rewards.
    I hope a level cap increase doesn't happen til end of July
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    I think it is near. I have been feeling a bit sharky, something is lurking beneath the waves.
  • surely you guys are kidding right?! them raising the level cap already would be a complete joke

most people are still struggling with the gear gate scandal they havent addressed yet, having lots of characters locked and unable to progress

how would it be a good idea to raise the level cap? let them fix all their messes first before even thinking about this, level cap raise to 90 shouldnt be until next year with the snails pace it takes to get any gears or progress any characters in this game
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Last time many were maxed at 5-10 toons, level 70 and gear

Now people are trying to expand roster and climb the gear wall. I think 90 is 2-3
    months away. Maybe for Rogue One even. Mind you, at this point there is no reason to believe the level cap will ever go above 90. Gear twelve is the max gear we have seen and many toons hit 12 by 90.
  • They would need to release new content first, gear for higher levels, which would mean they would have to release new places to farm that gear. I would think that they will give us another raid and unlock cantina 8 before they raise the lvl again. once you see gear, that is a sign that they are getting ready for it.
  • Asic wrote: »
    Last time many were maxed at 5-10 toons, level 70 and gear

Now people are trying to expand roster and climb the gear wall. I think 90 is 2-3
    months away. Maybe for Rogue One even. Mind you, at this point there is no reason to believe the level cap will ever go above 90. Gear twelve is the max gear we have seen and many toons hit 12 by 90.

Gear levels can be made and new levels added. Just depends on how quickly they can expand out before needing to push up.

But if they feel the number of hours slipping among high spenders expect a boost. Each increase has been about 2 months apart but this one is different because of the gear.

Best guess is end of August but that could just be wishful thinking.
  • If the cap goes up in the next 3 months, I quit. Simple as that. I know a lot of others who will be doing the same.
  • Today I stepped on dog poop. Level 90 is coming very soon.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If they do I'll finally quit playing. 70 to 80 came too early in my opinion. Increasing the cap now would be ridiculous, but I wouldn't be surprised, because it's EA...

There's no need for it until the end of the year, when the next SW movie arrives or whatever...
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    It's not about gameplay, it's about the projected revenue. If the charts say the money they are making is leveling off even though they're adding new players then the cap is going up.
  • I feel a disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror...

I sense great fear in you...
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    mel wrote: »
    It's not about gameplay, it's about the projected revenue. If the charts say the money they are making is leveling off even though they're adding new players then the cap is going up.
    But they don't understand the huge player base they'll be losing. Mark my words, I guarantee raising the level cap in the next 3 months will result in a huge drop in revenue, and the game dying out.
  • With new content comes new cap and hopefully a new and better way to get raidgear!

And i also have the feeling that lvl cap increase will be at the end of june
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The best move they could make is to increase the cap but pace the grind accordingly, not make it worse than current. To do otherwise would certainly make people give up.
  • Man, sure hope 90 comes soon! I hit 80 yesterday and I'm bored to tears.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    I hope 90 doesn't come for a long time
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    image_presentation.png?itok=79RQVKpM
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    mel wrote: »
    But they don't understand the huge player base they'll be losing. Mark my words, I guarantee raising the level cap in the next 3 months will result in a huge drop in revenue, and the game dying out.

They don't care about the guys spending money on the 21 day crystal packs or the guys that might buy some 5 buck crystal bag every once in a while. There's guys willing to spend thousands of dollars, and when they're not spending money the game isn't making money. That's it, really.
  • Fearmongering
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."