Zam Wesell - Pre-Discussion

Prev1
"New Chromium Character – Zam Wesell: This scoundrel attacker can inflict Evasion Down and utilize Thermal Detonators to decimate her enemies. With her unique shapeshifting ability granting her increased evasion, this Clawdite Assassin was not one to cross!"

I have to say I'm somewhat excited about this one. Evasion down trended character (Good), Shapeshifting ability (sounds cool), and the one I'm most worried about...Thermal Dets. They have failed to re-work dets for ALL other characters in the game.

Does anyone feel this entire toon will be fouled because of a single special ability in the likes of Greedo, or do you feel this may be the one to make dets usable. I don't have experience with Jawa Engineer, but from reading his basic dets are pretty underwhelming?

The point of this, is maybe they'll read it, and maybe they'll read my plea.

PLEASE MAKE HER THERMAL DETS USEFUL. DAMAGING. THREATENING. EFFECTIVE.

Please. And thank you in advance.

Replies

• K_G0sling wrote: »

PLEASE MAKE HER THERMAL DETS USEFUL. DAMAGING. THREATENING. EFFECTIVE.

Dets are great to use against Dooku, 5's, IGD, and others that have counter...
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    I'm not too excited this character will be much in the game. Evasion down has limited use and the fact they are describing the character the way they are I am anticipating another support character the likes of Cad Bane. Sure, we'd like them to be effective. It isn't going to happen though.
  • I'd wait until we can use her and see how she is.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Aurodium, chromium toons have been seriously abysmal as of late. Rex being one and only good toon. Seriously getting ripped off when these p2p toon are not even comparable to f2p characters. I don't have a hope in heck that zam wessel will be any good.
  • So I guess I'm not alone in thinking we may be up for yet another disappointment. Sigh. I was hoping someone to bring in some reason, logic, and hope. To add, it always seems that whenever the description sounds so good it should have it's own soundtrack, it's typically the opposite.

Anxiously awaiting stats. Not even in https://swgoh.gg/characters/pve/

Interesting.

• It's impossible to know whether she'll be good at this point, but I can say I'm disappointed that they keep making new characters that were only in one scene and still haven't given us Jango or Jedi Luke or the Emperor or Padme.
  • Aurodium, chromium toons have been seriously abysmal as of late. Rex being one and only good toon. Seriously getting ripped off when these p2p toon are not even comparable to f2p characters. I don't have a hope in heck that zam wessel will be any good.

Echo, Sun Fac, B2 say hi
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • High health, high speed character than can inflict healing and buff immunity with a basic attack and grant a team offense up with a special attack

Sounds great, right? That's actually Anakin, who is so bad he is being reworked. My point here is that, until we see actual percentages and potency stats, I wouldn't get too excited. EA might fool you into thinking Zam is going to be great by boasting about her evasion down and then give it a bad percentage or bad potency. There's absolutely no way to know whether she'll be good, but I will admit that if her stats and debuff percentages are good she has a lot of potential.
  • Aurodium, chromium toons have been seriously abysmal as of late. Rex being one and only good toon. Seriously getting ripped off when these p2p toon are not even comparable to f2p characters. I don't have a hope in heck that zam wessel will be any good.

Echo, Sun Fac, B2 say hi

Echo? B2?... ok fun sac is pretty good. Get outta here with the other 2. It's a rip off.
  • They had me until I read thermal det.
  • Evasion down does no good if the opponent is dodging the attack that triggers it lol. Horrible.

Echo, Sun Fac, B2 say hi

Echo? B2?... ok fun sac is pretty good. Get outta here with the other 2. It's a rip off.

You should retire from this game if you don't think B2 is good :)
  • It's impossible to know whether she'll be good at this point, but I can say I'm disappointed that they keep making new characters that were only in one scene and still haven't given us Jango or Jedi Luke or the Emperor or Padme.

Agree completely - they keep pulling obsecure or nameless toons out of nowhere. There will be hundreds of characters before there are even a fraction of the fan favorites and the different versions of them that people are asking for.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    So ho is him?
  • KAULI wrote: »
    So ho is him?

If I remember correctly, it's a shapeshifter and therefore takes on male appearances at times. However, Zam is a girl in her natural shape.
  • I'm curious how it will come into play here is SWGOH. In my head, the shape-shifting should be used to absorb and project others' abilities (similar to Yoda) but it just says it grants her increased evasion. We'll have to see.

She shows promise, she is an evader who downs others' evasion is what it sounds like. Maybe her thermal dets reflect that of B2's special.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Aurodium, chromium toons have been seriously abysmal as of late. Rex being one and only good toon. Seriously getting ripped off when these p2p toon are not even comparable to f2p characters. I don't have a hope in heck that zam wessel will be any good.

Echo, Sun Fac, B2 say hi

You should retire from this game if you don't think B2 is good :)

Lol the first time I read something like this from Johnny jajajajaj lmao
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    It would be cool if Zam starts battle as her reptile appearance, then shapeshifting into human form as evasion ability.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Blurryface wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, it's a shapeshifter and therefore takes on male appearances at times. However, Zam is a girl in her natural shape.

Zam took a human female as a form since Zam thought it would be easier getting jobs like this.
    tumblr_nii8cbQYOQ1u1hi2to4_400.gif
    tumblr_nsom3astB61r83egao4_400.gif

Mid-shift
    tumblr_o4le4rNqwr1srfyreo4_250.gif

Zams natural and real form aka Potatoform.
    tumblr_o4le4rNqwr1srfyreo5_250.gif
    tumblr_o4le4rNqwr1srfyreo6_250.gif
    tumblr_nu0l34GW4E1rtjn4yo3_1280.jpg

• Skye
    795 posts Member

Erm... I take it you have not faced a full geared and levelled Sun Fac then?! AS if you have I'm pretty sure you won't be stating what you just have or you simply forgotten!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • lovecheese
    320 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    New character...

Thoughts?

Detonating Shot - Deal Physical damage to target enemy, immediately detonating any Thermal Detonators, for each TD that explodes this way, Zam gains 7% turn meter for each living scoundrel ally

See What Sticks - Place Thermal Detonators on all enemies that explode after 2 turns with a 40% chance for Zam to gain speed up for 2 turns.

Electro-googles - inflict evasion down on all enemies for 2 turns with a 35% chance to expose the primary target for 2 turns

Shapeshifter - Zam gains 10% evasion while suffering from a negative status effect. Whenever Zam evades an attack, she also dispels all negative status effects on herself.
  • Someone should stream a chromium opening and show us the rates :D
  • No ones unlocked her yet?! IM sure there's some that's got her to 7 already!
  • Meh. The detonater makes her not worth it
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    I got her in 1 pack
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    so put her with an old man leader and she will dispell status effects...hm.
  • Detonating ANY Thermal Detonators?

Good synergy with Greedo, Nute and Mob Enforcers :smile:
  • Detonating ANY Thermal Detonators?

Good synergy with Greedo, Nute and Mob Enforcers :smile:

I heard she can even snipe Jawa Engineer's Miniaturized Detonator. :wink:
  • Unlocked her. At 5* Gear level VII so far. Still going. I'll report back tomorrow. So far...I feel some potency issues.