How I hope ships work.

BWSkynobi
334 posts Member
edited June 2016
My guess/ hope is that to unlock certain ships you'll need to fully max certain characters with ship synergies.

Want an X-WING, then you'll need a maxed out Biggs, Wedge, Resistance Pilot, or Poe or as yet available Rebel Pilot Luke.

Want the Falcon, you'll need Chewbacca and one of the following:
Han Solo, Rey, Lando.

Want an AT-AT you'll need Veers, Snow trooper, and AT-AT drive

To get the death star you need Tarkin, Vader, Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, tie fighter pilot, Death Star gunner, and to have already unlock and maxes out a Tie Fighter.

Of course you'll still need to get shards and gear to upgrade the ships.

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    All sounds fine. But before they do that maybe they could quash a few dozen bugs. Buff a few dozen characters. Fix gw. Implement better ways to obtain credits etc
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Not sure even how they'd implement it without a total overhaul of the game, especially if we're going to have to grind for ship upgrade parts.
  • I think it's probably best to work out what ships do first. I'm guessing it will be like some sort of territory battle and your ships get stats and buffs from your squad.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I hope it's a first person shooter game! (Pipe dream)
  • I'm guessing they'll make it the same as one of the game modes we already have except instead of using a team of 5 characters we'll use a ship. They'll probably give us one basic 1* ship at whatever level ships unlock at and then we'll be able to collect shards to strengthen that one and unlock other ships like we do for characters except they'll probably call them ship blueprints or schematics or something instead of shards.
  • What u do with ship?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    All sounds fine. But before they do that maybe they could quash a few dozen bugs. Buff a few dozen characters. Fix gw. Implement better ways to obtain credits etc

Think about it. You could spend a million years fixing the game, and it won't make everyone happy. Bring ships first, ya?

U can complain about credits and bugs and balance unail the end of time.
  • What u do with ship?

Fly and Shoot.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    I played a SWGOH clone that came out last week, based on a popular sci-fi movie coming out next week. Riddled with bugs, but interesting nonetheless.

It's essentially the same game, but with ships instead of characters. It works very well, and I can see a Star Wars version with x-wings, tie fighters and the Millennium Falcon being very playable.

Raid bosses can include star destroyers, the Death Star, etc.

I believe it will happen.

It will either be bolted onto this game, or released as a separate game (far more likely).
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I played a SWGOH clone that came out last week, based on a popular sci-fi movie coming out next week. Riddled with bugs, but interesting nonetheless.

It's essentially the same game, but with ships instead of characters. It works very well, and I can see a Star Wars version with x-wings, tie fighters and the Millennium Falcon being very playable.

Raid bosses can include star destroyers, the Death Star, etc.

I believe it will happen.

It will either be bolted onto this game, or released as a separate game (far more likely).

Ships will be part of this game - read ****'s description, it mentions ship synergy (even though ships aren't in yet).