Collusion by two guild members to lock up #1 every day

Ok. So this is something that has just came about in my shard. No one has gotten #1 but these two in over a week since these two started alternating it. They have it locked up between the two of them for the last 20 minutes. its smart on their part but it highlights the major flaw with the tops in arena, namely that its not even about battling but sitting on the timer for 5 minutes.

Replies

• Well, you have 23 hours and 40 minutes to take place 1 from then
  • SithAuno wrote: »
    Well, you have 23 hours and 40 minutes to take place 1 from then

Those times don't matter. What matters is the last 10 minutes
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Me and another guildmate have locked 1st/2nd since protection update.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hendiju wrote: »

This is not something that should be allowed. Lockouts in general are a (changed due to hyperactive censor.) mechanic that takes any skill from the game. Its basically how fast you can bash on the screen to refresh and battle again, then just sit on the timer
  • Hendiju wrote: »
    Hendiju wrote: »

Black Sun is doing that at my Server until they put some one from instinct to us now it changes
  • This has been going on since before guilds were released. I had a shard mate approach me months ago who had an alliance with 4 other players to lock up at payout times. You help me hold first, then at your payout I lock you up, player 3 locks up player 4 an hour later...
  • It's impossible to lock yourself and some other for 20 minutes, there is always a 20 (give or take) second window in which you can engage one of them. When you start finding that window they will stop the lockouts.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    SithAuno wrote: »

How so? You either score your max damage or you don't. How does waiting until the last few minutes matter? The only time I can see this is if your guild takes several days to complete whatever raid and these players then get a shot at the last few percent right after refresh. Even then, anyone can do that. It's not like they can actively block other players from out-damaging them during the entire raid portion.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka wrote: »
    SithAuno wrote: »

How so? You either score your max damage or you don't. How does waiting until the last few minutes matter? The only time I can see this is if your guild takes several days to complete whatever raid and these players then get a shot at the last few percent right after refresh. Even then, anyone can do that. It's not like they can actively block other players from out-damaging them during the entire raid portion.

This is arena not raid
  • Oh and I see this has been moved to feed back to die. *middle finger to our terrible mods*
  • Donkay
    27 posts Member
    If they did not allow players to fight the same player that they were last engaged in a battle with regardless of who starting the battle, the 2 player collusion to lock each other would be solved. Multiple players collusion would be more difficult to ban.
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Solution is easy, prolong cooldown between battles to 11 mins, this will give you 1 min of unprotected, well mayby 15 mins will work too.
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Donkay wrote: »
    If they did not allow players to fight the same player that they were last engaged in a battle with regardless of who starting the battle, the 2 player collusion to lock each other would be solved. Multiple players collusion would be more difficult to ban.

Extremly nice solution, hope they will implement it soon.
  • Arena is lamentable nowadays. I hope that CG do something soon.