PSA: Rewards number shown for the Jedi event is the sum of all possible rewards

Prev134
I see some people getting confused by it: This is a display bug where the rewards numbers are the sum of all possible rewards.

So for the last tier, you can win 1-6 shards, not 21.
The same goes for credits and ability mats.

Overall, I'd say it's not worth refreshing unless you REALLY need Aayla and can't wait for the shipments shards.

Save your crystals folks!

Replies

• Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4n530c/comment/d41jhkp

Capgasp's comment on Reddit

The UI adds up all the things which are the same. So if the drop table is something 5 times in quantities of 1-5, then it will sum 1+2+3+4+5 and show "15" as the reward. It's slated to be fixed in a future update.
  • **** I just refreshed 5 minutes ago only to realize this lol. It was only 75 tho no biggie.
  • Thanks for pointing this out.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Bug/deliberate misrepresentation :neutral:
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Hobnob wrote: »

Why do you think it's 'deliberate'?
  • Spend the crystals
  • Nemman
    73 posts Member
    So we will get back our crystal?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Nemman wrote: »
    So we will get back our crystal?

Unlikely. On the bright side, you can now purchase droid callers in the shipments!
    Hobnob wrote: »

Let's just hope they fix it soon.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @Vinniarth because it's happened many times before, I'm not having a mega rant, it's my fault for not reading the rewards section with a suspicious eye, something more experienced gamers probably find second nature
  • Source:

The UI adds up all the things which are the same. So if the drop table is something 5 times in quantities of 1-5, then it will sum 1+2+3+4+5 and show "15" as the reward. It's slated to be fixed in a future update.

Maybe it got fixed? That or not all of the rewards show up that way. I received 5x ability II mats two separate times. The max is stated as 5. Also I got 3x ability III mats once. So I suppose that 5x ability II mats is the only possible drops for it and the ability III has different drops.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well duh. Its always like that. Certainly not the first time they show max possible rewards
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It should be fixed ASAP if you ask me. I bought crystals (for the first time), did a refresh, and I feel totally screwed. How can they get the idea to add it all up from multiple tries? The rewards listed for DS/LS nodes show the possible rewards for each single attempt. They show 1 shard only, and not 5 shards from multiple refreshes. I feel robbed!

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Source:

Maybe it got fixed? That or not all of the rewards show up that way. I received 5x ability II mats two separate times. The max is stated as 5. Also I got 3x ability III mats once. So I suppose that 5x ability II mats is the only possible drops for it and the ability III has different drops.

Yes, tier 2 and 3 of ability mats are treated as different rewards.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well duh. Its always like that. Certainly not the first time they show max possible rewards

it's not even max possible rewards; it's just flat out incorrect. there's no way you are getting 2.04 mill or 21 shards.

We had better get crystals paid back for this.
  • Well duh. Its always like that. Certainly not the first time they show max possible rewards

it's not even max possible rewards; it's just a flat out lie. there's no way you are getting 2.04 mill or 21 shards.
    Ive never gotten max training droids from the training droid challenge. Is it the same situation?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

It should be fixed ASAP if you ask me. I bought crystals (for the first time), did a refresh, and I feel totally screwed. How can they get the idea to add it all up from multiple tries? The rewards listed for DS/LS nodes show the possible rewards for each single attempt. They show 1 shard only, and not 5 shards from multiple refreshes. I feel robbed!

It wasn't intentional I believe. It's also specific to events. That was already the case with the Droid strikes back event and the Empire Assault event.

it's not even max possible rewards; it's just flat out incorrect. there's no way you are getting 2.04 mill or 21 shards.

If you add all the possible credits rewards, you get to 2.04M. Of course, it's not possible to get 2.04M from a single run.
  • Well duh. Its always like that. Certainly not the first time they show max possible rewards

it's not even max possible rewards; it's just a flat out lie. there's no way you are getting 2.04 mill or 21 shards.
    Ive never gotten max training droids from the training droid challenge. Is it the same situation?

naw, it's different. the max shards I believe is 5 or 6 per on the Jedi event (supposedly, very very best scenario). Not 21.
  • Sikho wrote: »
    Source:

So are you suggesting that ability II is 5x only and ability III is 1x or 3x or 4x for a total of 8?
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In the last one you can get up to 6 shards, which means 1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21, which is the value that appear in the rewards info.

For the credits is hard to say the range... but if it is incremental, and in tier one ir sums 568, maybe the range is something like 50 + 100 + 150 + 200 = 500 (I know this is not correct, as it should 568m, but you get the idea...)

So the real amounts are really really low compared whit what is shown there...

Plus I'm sure the higher amounts have a very small chance to trigger...
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member

No, these are different bugs. They are not related.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Sikho wrote: »

It wasn't intentional I believe. It's also specific to events. That was already the case with the Droid strikes back event and the Empire Assault event.

If you add all the possible credits rewards, you get to 2.04M. Of course, it's not possible to get 2.04M from a single run.

okay, why does that make sense? that's like advertising $1.99 at Taco Bell buys me everything on the menu, even though it's just the price of a burrito. it's false advertising.

I'm guessing it's just a bug and in which case would be expected some crystal compensation.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Spent 350 crystals on it! I expected the chance of 21 shards and 2M coins.

If the rewards says 21 shards please do it or say the truth. Im waiting a compensation.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Source:

So are you suggesting that ability II is 5x only and ability III is 1x or 3x or 4x for a total of 8?

Probably. Haven't tested it out enough to see if that's the case though.
  • KAULI wrote: »

If the rewards says 21 shards please do it or say the truth. Im waiting a compensation.

Can you post your results?
  • If they can show the correct possible rewards in the mining event, they should be able to show the correct rewards in this event.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    KAULI wrote: »

Can you post your results?

Didnt make screenshots. But I got ~180k~220k~35k aayla shards once and JC the others. Blue mats
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member

okay, why does that make sense? that's like advertising $1.99 at Taco Bell buys me everything on the menu, even though it's just the price of a burrito. it's false advertising.

I'm guessing it's just a bug and in which case would be expected some crystal compensation.

No, it doesn't make sense. Yes, it's a bug, and will be fixed in the future.
  • If it's a known bug on rewards description they should have fixed it before releasing a new event or updated the text in the description to clarify base rewards. Just because the fault has occurred before doesn't excuse poor information this time. It should have meant they gave better information this time
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    There is no bug.
  • This is not the bug you are looking for, move along.