GW Changes - Not Good

Lithalan
153 posts Member
The new GW changes are a serious problem. It's now far too easy to complete. I have guild members joking about auto-ing it. Was GW too hard before? Maybe. I know some people had a very hard time with it. I had guild members who found it an absolute chore and couldn't regularly finish it. In my case, I have an arena team over 36K. I completed GW every day, but it became a slog facing all those top arena teams in my last 5 or 6 nodes. Was I happy to hear they might make a small adjustment? Sure. Maybe I'd see more variety! Maybe I'd get to play with line ups a little more! I should have known better after Yoda.

What we got was a massive nerf to GW. This was completely unnecessary. What was at least a challenging part of the game is now as boring as challenges. Why were no other options explored? The community gave you many other ways to fix GW. Even just lowering the difficulty slightly, or pulling from GW rather than arena teams for the last nodes would have helped. But no. The decision was "easy mode for everyone". GW got Yoda-ed.

The problem with this change on a larger level is - what challenges do we have left? GW is beyond easy. Challenges got nerfed when the cry started. They're insanely boring and easily auto-ed now. We run out of cantina and LS/DS battles quickly, though some of those are still challenging. That leaves raids, special events and arena. Arena is play meta or go home, so that's boring (at least to me). Raids are still fun, as are some of the special events. But I'm really not thrilled that the one place I could find challenge daily, even if sometimes frustrating and sloggy, was turned into just one more daily auto button.

Hard mode GW please. Give us tiers, with rewards based on tier. That's something I would love. Everything from the new Child's Play Sawft GW to Hardcore Mode - 12 nodes of top 10 arena teams.

Replies

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Hi Lith! B)

I'll say what I said in our guild chat for the benefit of the forum members...

For those who are troubled by the new, reduced difficulty GW... there is a very easy way to rectify it on your end. Play with lower level characters. Change your rosters. Play around with different teams and synergies.

Have fun with it.

It's like the "free battle mode" everyone says they'd like to have.

I was tickled myself that I got through gw so fast. And there's video evidence to prove it!

I do like the idea of opting for a hard mode that has better rewards though. Most definitely!

Thoughtful posts are always appreciated! :)
  • The only reason why people wanted GW easier was so they could also be top level in arena. Before if you were high in arena then GW got harder. One was a check on another. Now there are no checks and it is just has left the game to the highest bidder.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Why do people make threads like this??? Its our only source for any real credits and you're going to whine about it being too easy??? EVERYONE NEEDS credits so if its easy for you just shut up and enjoy the "free" credits, dope.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You only need 5 toons to go through, we really need a harder part where you need a bigger roster and get better rewards.
    CG told us they want us to use a bigger roster, now there is no need
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    Hi Lith! B)

For those who are troubled by the new, reduced difficulty GW... there is a very easy way to rectify it on your end. Play with lower level characters. Change your rosters. Play around with different teams and synergies.

Have fun with it.

I was tickled myself that I got through gw so fast. And there's video evidence to prove it!

I do like the idea of opting for a hard mode that has better rewards though. Most definitely!

Great advice!! I too, thought the change made it to easy. Though I don't have arena strength others have that seems to had made it more difficult. Tomorrow I will play around with different teams.
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    RU486 wrote: »
    Why do people make threads like this??? Its our only source for any real credits and you're going to whine about it being too easy??? EVERYONE NEEDS credits so if its easy for you just shut up and enjoy the "free" credits, dope.

I suggest reading my post first. I did not "whine about it being to easy", buddy. What I said was they went too far with nerfing the difficulty when they could try minor tweaks first. Or give us multiple difficulties like a hardcore mode. See, my post was constructive, unlike your crying and yelling. Try it some time. You'd actually add to a conversation that way.

Note: Edited for spelling.
  • Captainrrl wrote: »

Great advice!! I too, thought the change made it to easy. Though I don't have arena strength others have that seems to had made it more difficult. Tomorrow I will play around with different teams.

Ouchie's a star :) I took her advice and messed around on today's GW for fun a bit. Ran a team I'd never used in GW before from start to finish. We might as well have what fun we can. (This is why she's my guild leader and it's the best guild in the game.) This still doesn't change my opinion that we need a harder mode for it (even if some people want the I Win easy button version), but for now I'll make lemonade out of lemons.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Gimme some lemonade too!

And thanks for the kind words @Lithalan <3 Your check is in the mail...
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    Hi Lith! B)

Have fun with it.

Yes, this makes perfect sense, let's all dumb our selves down! Whilst we're at it why not just create a massive button in the middle of the GW table that enables us to just press it & receive 450k credits, 2 random toon shards & 1200 GW crystals.

When I started playing it was said that a deep toon roster was needed to be able to finish GW. After building my bench to a point where I could say I do it easily... Now it gets beat with the nerf bat to the point of no matter what team you use its simply to easy!

Instead of trying To justify another massive mistake from the Devs, why not acknowledge the fact they messed up & messed up bad... Again! No matter what anyone says, I simply can't get how making something brain numbingly easy is going to bring any finance into a system built to make money... Challenge = people actually want to spend money to be above the bell curb & stay above everyone else, no challenge = no reason to spend money on something so simplistic because no matter how much you spend, you'll eventually be at the same level as a person that doesn't spend.

But hey, who am I to judge?

Mabinogi Duel here I come!
  • For months I never finished GW once, LVL 67 and by node 6 facing LVL 72-75 teams not a challenge at all I stood no chance...none Now I can actually get some credits and level players up. I personally think the devs. did right.