Now that I am 80...

LastJedi
3047 posts Member
edited June 2016
Is it worth refreshing energy?

Or just save the 50 crystals per refresh, and buy cuffs and whatnot in shipments?

Going by today's drop the answer would be easy. Today I spent 110 energy on cuffs and got 7 cuffs out of 11 attempts!!! That's is basically hitting the million dollar jackpot on a slot machine, afaic.

Usually it is one or two per refresh.

Replies

• Options
    If you still need gear, it seems a 50 crystal refresh for regular energy is still warranted. If you still need shards, definitely continue refreshing cantina energy.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    50 crystals gets you cash and some ability mats / shards as well. Most people appear to go for one Cantina refresh and two LS/DS missions if you're on a budget, crystal-wise.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    50 credits = 120 energy. At a drop rate of 20%, this is 2.4 cuff salvage per refill, on a 10-energy node. Which equates to a cost of 20.8 crystals per cuff salvage.

Buying in the shipments, you get 50 cuff salvage for 1200, or a cost of 24 crystals per cuff salvage.

So the 50 crystal energy refill is definitely better, right? cheaper plus you get some (barely any) credits and other (barely useful) gear. Am I doing that right? Is 20% the accepted drop rate?
  • Options
    20% drop rate for cuffs?! try like 5%
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know, right? But if the drop rate is actually 17% or lower, then it's cheaper to save the crystals and buy the cuffs in shipments - creds and ally tokens and other sidegears not withstanding.
  • Options
    I do two LSDS refreshes and one cantina refresh. I spend 200 crystals on refreshing and save up the rest to buy raid gear in shipments. After I buy a droid caller I might go back to spending it all on refreshing
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Yeah, I know, right? But if the drop rate is actually 17% or lower, then it's cheaper to save the crystals and buy the cuffs in shipments - creds and ally tokens and other sidegears not withstanding.
    It's also worth pointing out that even at 20%, it's way better to buy them in shipments then spend 100 crystals for a refresh.

I buy the 300 crystal shower drains because it doesn't take long to save for them and I need a ton of them.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    The only items you should buy from shipments are the 1274 crystal prototypes, 273 crystal prototypes, and raid gear.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    I save my refreshed for shop shipments for a while. Credit crunch turned in to training droid crunch
  • Options
    The cuffs do get tempting to buy. Even with refreshes, it takes days to farm them. And right now, I probably need 500 salvage to get what I need.
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No one should consider paying real cash for this low lvl code of entertainment
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Options
    20% drop rate for cuffs?! try like 5%

I get this percent on guns. Cuffs is higher.
  • garublador
    915 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Krix wrote: »
    No one should consider paying real cash for this low lvl code of entertainment
    You can still buy stuff from shipments without spending any money. Like I said I buy the 300 crystal shower drains when they come up and I haven't spent a dime. You just save extra crystals you don't use for refreshes.

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Krix wrote: »
    Is it worth it? Seriously? No one should consider paying real cash for this low lvl code of entertainment

Quit playing then
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I buy the 300 crystal shower drains because it doesn't take long to save for them and I need a ton of them.

I've bought one or two of those, yeah.

I'll add that in the long run, while you maybe shouldn't buy any gear that drops from Challenges, I am currently buying mk 6 Merr-Sonn Shield Generators when I need one + when I'm short of Mk4 laptops by about a billion.

A MK4 laptop costs 300 crystals. a Mk6 Merr-Sonn Shield Generator includes 2 MK4 laptops and a few other bits, and it costs... 300 crystals. I haven't even done the math on it, but this triggers my "buy switch."

I have been able to buy two of these mk6 Shield Generators when I needed one. It sure feels like a bargain when I have so many toons that need laptops, they don't fit on the screen.
  • Options
    You're 80 years old? Fair effort to be playing a mobile game.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Oh my prices are wrong, too.
    Stun cuffs costs 1400, other 1200. Whoops. That definitely changes things.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "...since you've been goooone!"

Because we need it stuck in our heads. Seems like it should be dictated by your needs. Do the cuffs get someone into the next gear level for you? Or do you need to finish promoting one of your clutch heroes?

Everyone else on here has already nailed it, you just pick what's more important to you. You WIN!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107