Force Champions Event - no more Aayla shards?

Prev1
Yesterday's experience with the Force Champions Event was fairly delightful. The fights were decent but not unbeatable or frustrating, and I got a small amount of Aayla shards with each tier completion. Having read that subsequent refreshes would not necessarily net you similar results, I decided to hold off on that, content to just play as normal the next days and net the Aayla shards from each tier. It was hoped that I would look forward to at least an unlocked Aayla at the end of the event run - average of 12 shards/day for 7 days = 84 shards, a 4-star Aayla to play with.

Imagine my consternation, then, when I played all three tiers today and did not receive a single Aayla shard. Just a few JC and JKG shards, which have been reported to be what you would get after a crystal refresh.

The event is free to play and participate so whatever, I guess I should be happy with what I've been dealt here. But if the stated objective is for folks to have more Jedi to use for the Yoda event, then this event is completely misrepresenting things. If the only way I will be able to come close to replicating the "first time" rewards is to spend hundreds of crystals, I think I'd rather take my chances with the Aayla shipments. This is not a feasible method of obtaining Aayla for either F2P or P2P, and to me it amounts to deception to suggest otherwise.

Look, the developers have done right by other stuff in this game and they appear genuinely interested in constantly improving it, so I'm not going to start a boycott or threaten to quit or stop spending or such other nonsense. But I will call them out on this and kindly request that they be more honest about what this event is actually here for.

Replies

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Only first time completion awards guaranteed Aayla shards. Anytime after that is pure RNG.
  • I refreshed and got 3 shards, refreshed again.. 4 shards. Plus one JC shard
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    The only rational explanation is that Aayla is moving to f2p soon. Otherwise, there is no reason to hand out a few random shards of a chromium toon.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Aaayla is a terrible farm to unlock yoda.

When ea doesn't state the "chance of" I will assume it is the chance of being struck by lightning until someine posts about it on the forum.
  • C3POwn wrote: »
    Only first time completion awards guaranteed Aayla shards. Anytime after that is pure RNG.

Okay. Well, they should have indicated this, then. It isn't clear from the reward possibilities.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »

Okay. Well, they should have indicated this, then. It isn't clear from the reward possibilities.

It's always the way the show rewards. It's what you have a chance to get maximum.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Duckoo wrote: »

It's always the way the show rewards. It's what you have a chance to get maximum.

That's not even true actually.

There's a glitch that shows the combined possible for all items over all refreshes. It's legitimately being considered false advertising. There was a huge thread that the mods buried about it. Go figure...
  • Just done the events again. Chance of a large amount of credits and multiple shards? My ****! Received one shard and less than 20000 credits for each one!
  • Chosen_One
    96 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I refreshed Tier 3 hoping to gain some credits (up to 2M), and i only got a measly amount of 28k.....and couple of JC shards that i don't need.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    The only rational explanation is that Aayla is moving to f2p soon. Otherwise, there is no reason to hand out a few random shards of a chromium toon.

That's possible.

Or they're just trying to get Aayla on people's minds. Make someone feel like they're close to unlocking her if they'll just spend a little. Smart business move.
  • I keep getting JKG shards -.- lol
  • Fave
    96 posts Member
    EA Jesse normally sounds like a calm individual, but this event seemed to really bother him. I haven't seen the type of language used by him ever before when I mentioned a possibly compensation. And what does he do, he abruptly closes the thread. Nobody expected the possible rewards, but when it's 1-5% of the maximum, and it's been shown to be at least 33% of the possible, I think he knows something went wrong but won't admit it b/c it's far more serious than most understand.
  • What do you mean???
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Its strange what Jesse said because on Reddit some Dev said it is a visual bug but Jesse said it is ok how it is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4of6hx/awesome_new_event_force_champions_thanks_devs/
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Mp44 wrote: »

There's a glitch that shows the combined possible for all items over all refreshes. It's legitimately being considered false advertising. There was a huge thread that the mods buried about it. Go figure...

False advertising, is false advertising. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away no matter what the dev's (who, despite what they might think) aren't above the law.

And the law (at least here) is simple. You have to honor what you advertise, you can't just say it's an error and ignore your customers.
  • Fave
    96 posts Member
    I don't know. I'm just surprised by his remarks. It seemed he was very defensive about the whole thing. EA has compensated us for far less. Maybe this was his puppy.
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Yeah Jesse closed my thread. He kept stating it is possible to achieve 2 million in one attempt. Highest I heard about was 500k for a single attempt. Haven't got a single Aayla shard after the first time completion and besides the first time completion, I haven't got any Aayla shards at all.
    The chance would be really small to get 21 shards Jesse said, but the chance of even receiving 1 Aayla shard is already small lol.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    It's the way this whole business operates, rip off, that's why I pay no more money for it, and regret that I have spent any in the past. You as a buyer are always going to lose when RNG is involved, GOH is pure rng no skill involved. All I got since the beginning of this event, including the refreshes, is a single shard for each battle and about 20k credits. It's a waste of time considering the 4 levels you have to complete.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    You all complain too much
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I got 500k for free and couldnt be happier
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    Sure it's possible. If you throw a penny out of the window while traveling from east coast to west coast it's also possible that a blindfolded friend does the same trip 3 days later, tells the driver to stop at a random point, leaves the car and picks up the penny...still blindfolded.

Without telling us the chances, it's misleading...at best. I wonder when this issue gets big enough for a new law. By that time chance oriented puchases are the holy grail of money making.
  • Steve1221 wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »

False advertising, is false advertising. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away no matter what the dev's (who, despite what they might think) aren't above the law.

And the law (at least here) is simple. You have to honor what you advertise, you can't just say it's an error and ignore your customers.

Lol the law does allow people to make mistakes. And since you aren't forced to pay to participate in the event you really have no recourse. I agree it feels really sleazy, but it isn't the first time they made me feel this way.
  • Llewella wrote: »
    I got 500k for free and couldnt be happier

Not really a good argument. I won the lottery, I can't understand why you are complaining that you lost.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    The rewards are worse day 2, 1 JC shard, 1 Barris shard, 1 Ashoka shard, yesterday was a decent haul.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    I've been happy with every reward and have received over 1 million in two days total. The odds are a lot better then you're stating and to be fair you're being extremely critical of the best event to date in terms of rewards.

This community....
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Llewella wrote: »
    I've been happy with every reward and have received over 1 million in two days total. The odds are a lot better then you're stating and to be fair you're being extremely critical of the best event to date in terms of rewards.

This community....

How many refreshes did you do to get 1 million?
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    I got 250k in 12 fights (obviously with 6 refills). 4 Aayla Shards, in the 9 non-intial fights. Sure it's possible to get a million gold in a lot less fights, maybe even one. As long as you cannot get 330 shards in one go, chance to get lucky often enough to 7* aayla or to get enough gold to get seriously ahead in credit crunch, it all doesn't matter.

Again...It doesn't matter. It's the long run that counts. If you do a hundred fights, what's the average amount of Aayla shards and gold. Guess what, there is a lot more people getting 1 shard in 3 fights than there is people getting 5 shards in 1 fight. A whole lot more.

• Fave
    96 posts Member
    Tooltje wrote: »
    Yeah Jesse closed my thread. He kept stating it is possible to achieve 2 million in one attempt. Highest I heard about was 500k for a single attempt. Haven't got a single Aayla shard after the first time completion and besides the first time completion, I haven't got any Aayla shards at all.
    The chance would be really small to get 21 shards Jesse said, but the chance of even receiving 1 Aayla shard is already small lol.

I didn't know that it was your thread. That wasn't right.

I'll say it again, I don't care or expected the possible, I was going to be happy with the minimum that's advertised in the same box area for the other 2 events. They used the exact same words but exclude what the base was, which is 33%, I was more than willing to spend 1000 or more crystals on refreshes.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Steve1221 wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »

Lol the law does allow people to make mistakes. And since you aren't forced to pay to participate in the event you really have no recourse. I agree it feels really sleazy, but it isn't the first time they made me feel this way.

I agree, no one makes you play the event.
    But it's still illegal to make false or misleading claims in an add (at least here in the UK, and if they want to play on the global stage they have to play by all the rules that entails).
    So even if I don't play, the info is still false or misleading. The reasons are irreverent.
    Maybe it's different in the US, but I'm not playing in the US. . .
  • Womp_Womp
    282 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Fave

Yet you asked for compensation lol
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on