Galactic war is garbage

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Galactic War has been getting harder for me and the reason is I'm fighting fewer teams with Barriss in them. She was my health refill station.

THIS!!!!
  • Options
    Camalus wrote: »
    There are many threads on here about how to play GW... 3 healers, use retreat, rotating squad etc..
    It's not meant to be easy. Heck, I'd played it a few times early on without realising I could target individual characters!
    Now I clear it every day, today I got my 1st full 7* (fully geared opponent) at stage 5. Almost used my full squad by the end.
    Hang in there, you'll figure it out.
    Hope this helps.

No. You are not understanding. For example, this was the result of STARTING a match with every one of my chars at *7, max HP, max gear and max abilities. When I got my FIRST move of my FIRST turn, I looked like this:

image.jpg

The SECOND the restart/retreat is disallowed, it becomes impossble to advance. Again note I disn't even get a chance to do anything and I am already dead.

I got 10 crates open yesterday never needed to retreat, I didnt even know you could retreat until today, never needed to, I got 2 teams, when one team is spent I send in whats left, I like to call em "The night crew", lol. But as it is Im still working em up and they are good for maybe one or 2 more boxes at best. I think the problem is the horrendous requirements for winning GW in its current state. It is certainly geared toward pushing sales that's for sure. Because like I said, think about it if the AI team was able to retreat whenever you did and sub out players, then it would be even more difficult but as it is you have to move on with what you got left for a team but that's not saying that if the enemy team won they wouldn't have had to. So subbing out is like gaining an unfair advantage over the AI is it not?
    AndyChrono wrote: »
    The trick to beating it is to have cannon fodder characters that you can send in to absorb the strongest skills from the enemy team. The AI always uses the strongest attacks/AoE skills on the first turn. The enemy tanks also almost always taunt on the first turn. After those skills are expended, retreat and send in your main team. With all of the enemy's strongest skills on cooldown and no taunts available, focus fire the primary damage threats and you can clear it pretty easily.

But this was the best advice I think, and I cant say that I thought of it before because I wasn't exactly sure why and how some teams attacked first and others not so much, this is all new to me I'm an FPS'er, but it makes sense to let them blow their load on some insignificants then go, oh we were just kidding heres the real crew you gotta fight, lol, should work for maybe one crate.

Are you joking man?! The AI doesn't have 12 battle to sustain like our teams. The retreat is ok, maybe the force closing is a little bug, but without that way i can't win the last 6 battles full of "Sidious, Dooku, Kilo, Lumi, Ig88" all at least 6 stars purple geared.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Subbing in is part of the strategy it's a must I have 13 toons max level purple gear I use every single one plus my under grads not unfair advantage there's no possible way you can go through any other way the last week I have seen 5 max level purple gear teams every day seen Ben Kylo dooku Daka sid a lot that's tough but I always complete like others said send in junk squad get Aoe done by Sid then retreat send in your a squad I use Lamura Jc ig86 gen soldier hk 47 primarily and have no problem I also try get a couple shots in with junk squad to insure I take sid out on 1st turn you have to think here game would be no fun if was easy this is like Star Wars chess play it accordingly
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Options
    I've read the advice people give to beating GW and it doesn't work. I run into similar problems as the OP does. Retreating doesn't help much when the team you are going against has a bunch of fast characters. They will always get to go before you, no matter how many times you leave and come back.

I highly doubt they (CG) intended people to utilize the retreating feature as a viable option. The force closing the app trick is clearly not part of their intention of playing this game mode either. The real strategy they intended is just for players to have deep benches.

It's obvious this game mode needs to be re-worked if players have to resort to cheap tricks to beat it.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    There are many threads on here about how to play GW... 3 healers, use retreat, rotating squad etc..
    It's not meant to be easy. Heck, I'd played it a few times early on without realising I could target individual characters!
    Now I clear it every day, today I got my 1st full 7* (fully geared opponent) at stage 5. Almost used my full squad by the end.
    Hope this helps.

No. You are not understanding. For example, this was the result of STARTING a match with every one of my chars at *7, max HP, max gear and max abilities. When I got my FIRST move of my FIRST turn, I looked like this:

image.jpg

The SECOND the restart/retreat is disallowed, it becomes impossble to advance. Again note I disn't even get a chance to do anything and I am already dead.

I got 10 crates open yesterday never needed to retreat, I didnt even know you could retreat until today, never needed to, I got 2 teams, when one team is spent I send in whats left, I like to call em "The night crew", lol. But as it is Im still working em up and they are good for maybe one or 2 more boxes at best. I think the problem is the horrendous requirements for winning GW in its current state. It is certainly geared toward pushing sales that's for sure. Because like I said, think about it if the AI team was able to retreat whenever you did and sub out players, then it would be even more difficult but as it is you have to move on with what you got left for a team but that's not saying that if the enemy team won they wouldn't have had to. So subbing out is like gaining an unfair advantage over the AI is it not?
    The trick to beating it is to have cannon fodder characters that you can send in to absorb the strongest skills from the enemy team. The AI always uses the strongest attacks/AoE skills on the first turn. The enemy tanks also almost always taunt on the first turn. After those skills are expended, retreat and send in your main team. With all of the enemy's strongest skills on cooldown and no taunts available, focus fire the primary damage threats and you can clear it pretty easily.

But this was the best advice I think, and I cant say that I thought of it before because I wasn't exactly sure why and how some teams attacked first and others not so much, this is all new to me I'm an FPS'er, but it makes sense to let them blow their load on some insignificants then go, oh we were just kidding heres the real crew you gotta fight, lol, should work for maybe one crate.

Are you joking man?! The AI doesn't have 12 battle to sustain like our teams. The retreat is ok, maybe the force closing is a little bug, but without that way i can't win the last 6 battles full of "Sidious, Dooku, Kilo, Lumi, Ig88" all at least 6 stars purple geared.
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Hope this helps.

image.jpg

So sub in some
    klay wrote: »
    I've read the advice people give to beating GW and it doesn't work. I run into similar problems as the OP does. Retreating doesn't help much when the team you are going against has a bunch of fast characters. They will always get to go before you, no matter how many times you leave and come back.

I highly doubt they (CG) intended people to utilize the retreating feature as a viable option. The force closing the app trick is clearly not part of their intention of playing this game mode either. The real strategy they intended is just for players to have deep benches.

It's obvious this game mode needs to be re-worked if players have to resort to cheap tricks to beat it.

Yes, thank you, this is really my point, Having deep benches, check, practicing turn meter discipline, Check and getting good luck on the matchmaking that day? wait I cant compensate for that I cant train for it and I cant pay enough to overcome it. That is the underlying issue
  • Options
    Retreat is a viable option and EA expects it to be used as it is. If they didn't expect it to be used like it is it would have been labeled quit, end, exit or give up.
  • Options
    Retreat is a viable option and EA expects it to be used as it is. If they didn't expect it to be used like it is it would have been labeled quit, end, exit or give up.

Amazing how many people refuse to see the simple semantics of this. Thanks for spelling it out so clearly, though. Most people arguing against it just ignore that completely.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Its not garbage. I always finish my GW and im level 60 that i have face lots max stars on node 10-12. The technique here is bring 3 healers and learn to retreat after your opponents blown there specials or Tank taunting you. Every GW finish i have only 1-2 Heroes are dead. My team composition is Barriss 4*( Lead ) Sidious 7* Luminara 7* Poogle4* JC4* All are lvl 7 gear. My team can do from node 1 to 12. Sometimes i swap a tank like chewbaka or poe if i have a healer that needs life then my tank absorb all damage while i kill their hitters especially if you face a phasma lead with dooku. You kill dooku first. I can 2 shot dooku 6 star purple gear. with my poogle buff first and sidious special and luminara's force push that can do up to 8k damage. Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    Holysilver wrote: »
    Its not garbage. I always finish my GW and im level 60 that i have face lots max stars on node 10-12. The technique here is bring 3 healers and learn to retreat after your opponents blown there specials or Tank taunting you. Every GW finish i have only 1-2 Heroes are dead. My team composition is Barriss 4*( Lead ) Sidious 7* Luminara 7* Poogle4* JC4* All are lvl 7 gear. My team can do from node 1 to 12. Sometimes i swap a tank like chewbaka or poe if i have a healer that needs life then my tank absorb all damage while i kill their hitters especially if you face a phasma lead with dooku. You kill dooku first. I can 2 shot dooku 6 star purple gear. with my poogle buff first and sidious special and luminara's force push that can do up to 8k damage. Sorry for my bad english.

This.

The key in GW is managing the damage taken and healing at appropriate times.

Anytime you face Dooku with a phasma lead, he has to die first and should die in the first round. With counter attacks, you'll need your heals here. If Sid is in this comp as well he will need to be managed, but you can retreat out of his heal immunity. After Dooku is dead I either kill phasma (if no cannons) or Sid so I can heal a bit more effectively. Then it's just clean up.

One of the hardest teams I face is Phasma (L), Dooku, Sid, fives, and Luminara and I always hit it as one of the last three battles.

I use a Dooku > Phasma > Sid > Luminara > Fives kill order. The keys here are focusing Dooku while controlling Lumi (maintain control on her) then retreating after phasma is down and after Sid is down. If Dooku gets lucky with Crits on Lumi you can also just take her out but watch for a Barriss heal if present.

I start with an all attack team + Barriss. Sid and Dooku establish control of the board while the rest focus the current priority target. After Sid is gone I bring in JC or Daka for a bit of extra heals. Then into cleanup mode.

For those struggling against the cannon teams using Poe to protect a leia/Luke/88/maul don't worry, just retreat from Poe taunt and then use your speed advantage to hunt. If you don't have a speed advantage in, toss some cannon fodder in to take the specials and then bring in your A team.

GW is the hardest mode for a reason, and it makes it fun.

I clear most every night and I don't have a deep bench and only two 7* heroes, three 6*, and four 5*. I don't use leia or FOTP or Poe or even phasma (yet). I only have Barriss and Dooku for chromium heroes and I clear with 1-2 dead heroes. (Usually fodder)

I'm happy to offer what advice I can and I'm working on my bench like everyone else.
  • Options
    Galactic War is going to be different for everyone. It changes and the difficulty increases. When they first fixed it, I would start with a level 40 team. Now I'm starting out with teams around 50-52 in level. By node 4 or 6 at the latest I'm seeing purple geared level 60 teams. Remember, the AI goes right for your healers. I never bought Barriss and don't have her. I do have all the other healers. My best guys are a bunch of 5-6* level 60s. Then I have a few 4*, then I drop down to a whole mess of 2-3* characters who can't stand up to anything towards the end. Total team power of 10-12k, no healers.
  • Options
    Well the only reason I came to the forums today was because of getting stymied at the fourth fight I mean I'm level 56 how do I get put up against a level 50 with his max character level being 48, takes out 2 of my healers on third fight then puts me up against a level 56 on the fourth fight, that's a lot of resources to lose out on because of some wacky matchmaking, and my team was fully healed going into the third fight, my heals may not have been ready but there's no reason I should have suffered so many casualties in that fight it was way out of wack.

Sam thing i had today. Mine is level 54 and my Opponents in GW are level 60 with 7 stars on their head probably they are wearing gear 10! :) GW is garbage.
  • Options
    Well the only reason I came to the forums today was because of getting stymied at the fourth fight I mean I'm level 56 how do I get put up against a level 50 with his max character level being 48, takes out 2 of my healers on third fight then puts me up against a level 56 on the fourth fight, that's a lot of resources to lose out on because of some wacky matchmaking, and my team was fully healed going into the third fight, my heals may not have been ready but there's no reason I should have suffered so many casualties in that fight it was way out of wack.

Same thing i had today. Mine is level 54 and my Opponents in GW are level 60 with 7 stars on their head probably they are wearing gear 10! :) GW is garbage.

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    If you can't beat GW even with retreat or force close, you are currently not strong enough. Sorry to mention, i know it's rough to hear. It's supposed to be hard. I have a streak of 16 wins so it's definately doable.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Lost one of my guys in second round today which is by far the earliest I've ever lost one. Losing a hero sucks but it doesn't mean you have lost. Gw is about strategy and a deep roster. I typically lose 1-2 main chars and sometimes a bunch of fillers. Sometimes the ai doesn't cooperate and use its skills first turn so you can retreat. Sometimes Dooku double stuns and does a lot of extra attacks or all your abilities are resisted. Sometimes daka gets multiple resurrection and many other improbable randoms will occur, but that's the only thing keeping it interesting. The rewards are very good and so it should be hard. The one change I would make would be a max level difference so level 50s don't fight 60s. Honestly I hope my next Gw is all lvl 60 7* star max gear as that's the only real challenge and time I can see new hero's.
  • Options
    Hope this helps.

image.jpg

dammm man you are level 60 but still having difficulties against GW....so sad...so many weak lvl 60 then...PUT 3 HEALERS and 2 dps or 1 dps and 1 boost dps and you will be fine...some teams are good ONLY for PVP not for GW..including your team...Dont forget about force close and retreat...

ps: the system does not allows you to retreat before all your characters take their turn at least once..

your team SUCKS for GW (sorry, its true)...talia and IG-86 are NOT SUITABLE for many rounds fight....duuuuuh....

I have 3 healers right in the screenshot already. Actually, 4. If I replace Daka for Poogle or whatever, it doesn't matter. This result was just after Starting the battle and BEFORE i get to do any turn. All 7* max gear chars.

Look at their turn meter and my turn meter.
    I haven't even started playing here. Ni char is very weak. iG-86 shines in GW, trust me. It can erase an enemy char in 1 turn, and heath is good. Is-88 is the squishy one.

If you analize the enemy team setup, it's an ELITE TEAM with 7* Leia. Qui gon grants speed to all Jedi's. So Leia starts and does a 4 x shot and one kills for 14k HP. Qui gon does 6k. (Everyonebhas offense up), then calls an ally, and he usually gets Leia to help, or Lumi whi will use the special for 5k.

The Sid enemy goes forth and infects everyone, and just clears semi dead chars. And right after superfast Poe taunts, he exposes all my team so his next shots are whatever the damage pls 2.8k on top.

The team doesn't suck. It didn't even started playing and was dead. And retreat...what do you mean? My only chance is to retreat right there in the screenshot you. For what? The next time I enter enemy will again have 4 turns before I even have one.

Btw, I was able to blast this team. And save IG-88. But that's only because of a bit of luck.
  • Options
    I have 3 healers right in the screenshot already. Actually, 4. If I replace Daka for Poogle or whatever, it doesn't matter. This result was just after Starting the battle and BEFORE i get to do any turn. All 7* max gear chars.

Look at their turn meter and my turn meter.
    I haven't even started playing here. Ni char is very weak. iG-86 shines in GW, trust me. It can erase an enemy char in 1 turn, and heath is good. Is-88 is the squishy one.

If you analize the enemy team setup, it's an ELITE TEAM with 7* Leia. Qui gon grants speed to all Jedi's. So Leia starts and does a 4 x shot and one kills for 14k HP. Qui gon does 6k. (Everyonebhas offense up), then calls an ally, and he usually gets Leia to help, or Lumi whi will use the special for 5k.

The Sid enemy goes forth and infects everyone, and just clears semi dead chars. And right after superfast Poe taunts, he exposes all my team so his next shots are whatever the damage pls 2.8k on top.

The team doesn't suck. It didn't even started playing and was dead. And retreat...what do you mean? My only chance is to retreat right there in the screenshot you. For what? The next time I enter enemy will again have 4 turns before I even have one.

The thing you are missing is that Cooldowns DO NOT RESET when you retreat but Buffs/Debuffs DO RESET. This means that teams like that one are TAILOR-MADE for retreating. You should send in a crappy cannon fodder team to eat all those specials. After they blow their load and you come back with your A-Team the situation will be:

1. Their Qui-Gon has his assist special on cooldown and since you won't have buffs on you since he's going before you, he can't give offense up to his team. If he had managed to give offense up to his team previously, that buff is now gone! He will probably just basic attack you.
    2. Sid's AoE is on cooldown so he can only basic attack. The debuff is also gone from your team since you swapped in entirely new members .
    3. Poe's Taunt buff is gone now and the skill is on cooldown so he can only basic attack. The debuff on your team is also gone since you are using new members.
    4. Lumi's Ability block is on cooldown and can only basic attack + heal. Her first turn she will just basic attack since everyone on their team is still full HP. If you focus fire correctly, she probably won't even get a chance to heal targets before they die.

That means that the only real threat on their team now is Leia followed by Sid because of the heal immunity. With Poe's taunt on cooldown they can't protect these guys and you can easily focus them down. Even though they all get to move before you, all of their best abilities are still on cooldown so you are basically just going to be eating basic attacks on their first 3-4 turns while you have a full set specials that you can unload on them to kill the priority targets.

GW isn't like Arena where you can only see the team leader and thus get surprised by the rest of the team composition. You can actually see the entire enemy team so you should be able to roughly play out in your head what will happen in the match's opening turns. This should help you decide whether to send in cannon fodder first. When a team like the one you show here pops up on the GW map you should know already that it's going to be a speedy team that will probably get the first strike on you with their most powerful moves. Thus better send in the sacrificial lambs first.
  • Options
    Even with all of the above wisdom, Im fairly certain that the people griping about this also don't win all of their free daily arenas, including myself. If your a-team goes down in GW you likely will not win GW
  • Options
    I quit for a week and GW is still a breeze for me to complete.
  • Options
    Hope this helps.

image.jpg

Your build never had a chance against that team. Their slowest is faster than your fastest. You lost that fight before it even began.

GW Is about strategy and synergy. You can't run a team with Lum as your fastest against a team where Lum is the slowest and expect not to get pummeled in the get go. I run a team like you faced there at times, not my best squad, but it is quick. Be thankful it was Sid leading not QGJ or you'd have been in worse trouble.

If you want any help feel free to PM me what you run, what options you have and I'll be happy to help.
  • Options
    I lost for 5 days straight in the 11th and 12th rounds after facing all purple 6*/7* level 60 teams (including 7* Vader cheat and 7* Leia, FOTP and QGJ teams) from about the 3rd round on but I finally starred up my Lumi to 7* (to go with my 7*Sid) and got my Daka to 6* and won the last two days with only 1-2 dead cannon fodder. At about the 2-3rd day of my losing streak I got down to the last toon in round 12 and threw all my remaining junk at it but it just fed the beast (7* maxxed Sid in a high dps killer team, couldn't take him down sooner)

Just keep plugging away, it gets easier, you just need a deep bench.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn @Preemo_Magin

Facing that setup hurts my toons as well in GW.
    What I notice about that image is that Lumi her heal is already on cd round 1.
    Especially on the last nodes you really need that heal for round 1. I deliberately use it every first round so it's Always ready in the next round (because of the extra healing over time she does in 2 turns).
    This way you have more emergency healing power especially in nodes like the one on the picture.
    Even if previous team were a bunch of Ewoks, spam them heals and make sure they are off cd for the next round. That's basically how you win GW.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I have found the last 2 days incredibly hard. I've got about 30 odd completions and never really had a problem till yesterday. I just can't get past the 2nd from last battle and get completely wiped out.