Advice for my will-be team

As the title says, I could use some help with a team I think would serve well in the Arena.

Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, RG, Asajj.

My thinking here is this:
1. Most teams use STHan and RG. Get both of them to taunt, then Asajj should be ready to remove those taunts, so I can wrap up with one of the tanks, heal Asajj back up, and also get rid of any other buffs the team has.
2. Ackbar can not only speed up Leia and Lando, but also get rid of any negative debuffs on my team. This should heal my team quite nicely if I'm lucky.
3. RG will be there to save Asajj when she gets down below 50 hp.
4. Leia has a max 55% chance to give Lando as well as everyone else Crit chance up.
5. Lando's AOE with more than one crit is godly, and I can keep putting on the pressure, 75% dmg inc every time I go more than once.
6. If I manage to get lucky, I can savor a kill for Asajj to do her AOE and reset her buff removal skill.

Now then, thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    This sounds ideal, but ventress is just too slow. You would be better off putting resources in QGJ over her...
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    This sounds ideal, but ventress is just too slow. You would be better off putting resources in QGJ over her...

+1

Also Lando's utility wanes as opponent's toons are killed. Reduces chance to get multiple crits, resetting cool down. His basic is just meh. And you don't really want him to be the rebel called on under Akbar's leader ability. I've seen teams run Akbar lead with Leia as only rebel. That gives her 50% chance to give extra hits whenever anyone uses non-attack special. The more Leia attacks, the better your odds are.
  • Options
    That's the point. It'll take so long for Asajj to go that both tanks should taunt by then, also a few other buffs should be in place for Asajj to remove.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

+1

Also Lando's utility wanes as opponent's toons are killed. Reduces chance to get multiple crits, resetting cool down. His basic is just meh. And you don't really want him to be the rebel called on under Akbar's leader ability. I've seen teams run Akbar lead with Leia as only rebel. That gives her 50% chance to give extra hits whenever anyone uses non-attack special. The more Leia attacks, the better your odds are.

When I reach the point that Lando's AOE isn't needed, the match has already either been won or lost. That's where Leia comes in, to get rid of the survivors, while RG stuns them. Everyone else still alive at that point is either getting rid of the debuffs/buffs or making the job for Leia and RG quicker.
  • Options
    That's the point. It'll take so long for Asajj to go that both tanks should taunt by then, also a few other buffs should be in place for Asajj to remove.

Not ideal to waste one on your five arena slots for just one move. Ventress is not ideal for RG. He will taunt multiple times, and Ventress is so slow and her cool down means you're stuck hitting on RG. You want a quick dispel, and none better than QGJ. The AI will taunt STH on his first move. Your job is to get someone in the yellow by then so that RG taunts, too. Then you hit RG until QGJ comes back around, who then dispels STH's taunt, then back to RG for the rest of his 1-turn taunt. Easy peasy.